The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Introduce Yourself Here! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47148)

beachbum1959 07-04-2012 07:25 PM

:wavey: I'm new to this so here goes... i have 2 front row center section with meet and greet to see lindsey in spartanburg sc on the 29th i believe.... if anyone wants to buy them please let me know... @ beachbum1959@yahoo.com

steffmad 08-27-2012 04:08 AM

Hello I'm a new one here :blob2:
My Name ist Stefan and i'm from Germany and i'm a huge Fan of Stevie and Flettwood Mac.
I'M in the mid 40 now to talk about my age.
I think the Forum is amazing so thx for the ones who make it possible to looking for any news and stuff.

:thumbsup:

vivfox 08-27-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffmad (Post 1062205)
Hello I'm a new one here :blob2:
My Name ist Stefan and i'm from Germany and i'm a huge Fan of Stevie and Flettwood Mac.
I'M in the mid 40 now to talk about my age.
I think the Forum is amazing so thx for the ones who make it possible to looking for any news and stuff.

Welcome to The Ledge! Have you ever seen FM when they performed in Germany? If so, we'd love to hear about it.

FloMingo 10-09-2012 10:19 AM

Hi, I'm new around here.
My name is Holly and I'm a (struggling!) writer from London.
Definitely should have been born earlier but a 70s girl at heart.
Love reading all the stories and discussions on here and will try to contribute more and lurk less!
Thanks for having me everyone!

vivfox 10-09-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloMingo (Post 1065212)

Welcome!:xoxo: Now let's get this party started.

Macfanforever 10-09-2012 10:38 PM

Hi Holly .Welcome to the boards.Enjoy.There's alot of info on these boards.Feel free to ask questions.Have a ball.

mylittledemon 10-09-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloMingo (Post 1065212)
Hi, I'm new around here.
My name is Holly and I'm a (struggling!) writer from London.
Definitely should have been born earlier but a 70s girl at heart.
Love reading all the stories and discussions on here and will try to contribute more and lurk less!

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

KindOfWoman90 10-26-2012 11:39 PM

Hi everyone! :)

I never properly introduced myself! After a summer of lurking, I decided to take the plunge :lol: I'm a displaced New Yorker living in the UK whilst studying for my MA. I've loved FM since I was in high school - my parents had, and still have, impeccable taste in music. I've been very lucky to have grown up listening to all the great bands of the 60s and 70s. Love the conversations on the boards! With upcoming tours and projects I'm sure this forum will be quite busy :nod:

vivfox 10-27-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 (Post 1066405)
Hi everyone! :)

I never properly introduced myself! After a summer of lurking, I decided to take the plunge

We welcome you with wide open arms.:xoxo:

bewitchedthesea 11-07-2012 03:10 PM

*wanders in* Hi, everyone. My name is Summer and while I've always liked Fleetwood Mac, one of Stevie's songs kind of grabbed me recently and wouldn't let go ("Gypsy"), during a very difficult time in my life, and slowly but surely, I've found myself a little obsessed. My family and friends are sick of hearing about it! I'm 22, so I missed seeing the band at their height, and have loved lurking around here recently and relishing the tidbits you all share.
Thanks for having me :)

louielouie2000 11-07-2012 06:48 PM

Welcome, Summer! Dig right in & enjoy yourself! :thumbsup:

vivfox 11-08-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bewitchedthesea (Post 1066982)
I've found myself a little obsessed. My family and friends are sick of hearing about it!

All of us can relate to that. I spent YEARS obsessing over Stevie and totally drove everyone around me bonkers. You'll have a lot of fun here. Welcome!

Macfanforever 11-08-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bewitchedthesea (Post 1066982)
*wanders in* Hi, everyone. My name is Summer and while I've always liked Fleetwood Mac, one of Stevie's songs kind of grabbed me recently and wouldn't let go ("Gypsy"), during a very difficult time in my life, and slowly but surely, I've found myself a little obsessed. My family and friends are sick of hearing about it! I'm 22, so I missed seeing the band at their height, and have loved lurking around here recently and relishing the tidbits you all share.
Thanks for having me :)

Hi Summer .Welcome to the forum.You will enjoy all the updated info on Fleetwood Mac members on here and chat with fans that love the band and its members.

NeonGypsy 11-15-2012 11:01 PM

Hi all my name is Heather, I've been a lurker here for a long long time lol I was on burnish.net way back when it was forum and I've floated around the fandom since I was 12 (I'm almost 26...eeek..) I hope to meet all of you and contribute a bit..

vivfox 11-16-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonGypsy (Post 1067526)
Hi all my name is Heather, I've been a lurker here for a long long time lol I was on burnish.net way back when it was forum and I've floated around the fandom since I was 12 (I'm almost 26...eeek..) I hope to meet all of you and contribute a bit..

Hello Heather. Yes burnish.net was a huge fan favorite. We welcome you to The Ledge, finally...

Macfanforever 11-16-2012 12:34 PM

Welcome Heather to our world.Enjoy the wealth of info on this forum.

Macfanforever 11-16-2012 12:35 PM

Viv. It's nice to see Stevie's winning the hearts of the younger generation.My nephew which is 25 loves classic rock and enjoys Stevie and Fleetwood Mac too.

Stormwind 11-25-2012 08:02 PM

Hello

Hello to everybody, Im a newbie of this site/forum.

My name's Giuseppe and I come from Italy. I'm 18 and i fell in love with the Mac after watching a tv show, made by VH1 if I remember right, which talked also about this faboulous band, Go Your Own Way was the song which hit me. Here in Italy the Mac are not so known, but I don't care.

My hobbies are: listening to and playing music (All genres, but my favourite is Rock ), writing, drawing and other artistical stuff. I like also soccer and other sports like F1.

So I think i told everything about me, nice to meet all of you.

vivfox 11-25-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormwind (Post 1067921)
Hello to everybodylike F1.

Welcome Stormwind. How was your Italian summer?

Stormwind 11-25-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1067922)
Welcome Stormwind. How was your Italian summer?

A very nice one :p

I noticed a reference to a Stevie's song :D

Summer ends fast,Unluckily

louielouie2000 11-25-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

My name's Giuseppe and I come from Italy. I'm 18 and i fell in love with the Mac after watching a tv show, made by VH1 if I remember right, which talked also about this faboulous band, Go Your Own Way was the song which hit me. Here in Italy the Mac are not so known, but I don't care.

My hobbies are: listening to and playing music (All genres, but my favourite is Rock ), writing, drawing and other artistical stuff. I like also soccer and other sports like F1.

Welcome to the Ledge, Giuseppe. We just had a F1 race here in Austin, and it was very exciting. I definitely want to learn more about the sport now. Anyway, make yourself at home here! :thumbsup:

moon 11-26-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Hi! Giuseppe! Don't worry, here in Argentina FM is not so known too, but you can listen to some classics on the radios.
I also like (and play sometimes) soccer. My favourite teams from Italy are Napoli and the Milan teams. And yes, I'm a fan of the F1. I obviously like Ferrari, and other teams like McLaren, Sauber and Lotus. My favourite drivers are Jarno Trulli (even when I know he's not racing anymore), Mark Webber and Kimi Räikkönen.
Regards!!

Stormwind 11-27-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1067956)
Hi! Giuseppe! Don't worry, here in Argentina FM is not so known too, but you can listen to some classics on the radios.
I also like (and play sometimes) soccer. My favourite teams from Italy are Napoli and the Milan teams. And yes, I'm a fan of the F1. I obviously like Ferrari, and other teams like McLaren, Sauber and Lotus. My favourite drivers are Jarno Trulli (even when I know he's not racing anymore), Mark Webber and Kimi Räikkönen.
Regards!!

Thanks

You like Napoli ? very well then :thumbsup:

My favourite drivers in the F1 are the legendary Ayrton Senna (i watched all his past races), Alonso and Kimi Räikkönen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1067936)
Welcome to the Ledge, Giuseppe. We just had a F1 race here in Austin, and it was very exciting. I definitely want to learn more about the sport now. Anyway, make yourself at home here! :thumbsup:

Thank you

FMlex 12-03-2012 11:53 AM

Not sure if anyone remembers me around here -- according to the top right corner of my screen, I last logged in in March of 2011! Yikes! Talk about a hiatus...

I'm back though and still loving all things FM... looking forward to the 2013 tour.

Anywho, just wanted to drop back by and say hi! :wavey:

vivfox 12-03-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMlex (Post 1068394)
Not sure if anyone remembers me around here

Of course I remember you. Welcome home.

chelluversu 12-05-2012 12:30 AM

Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is HOV...

Just kidding.

I too have taken a really long hiatus. Mostly because I'm a busy college student and second is because I now have become obsessed with tumblr and twitter... and the ledge has taken the back burner.

Anyway, for those who don't know/remember me, I'm Michelle. (Hey Viv lol)
I'm 19 and a Michigan State student (no stalking me).
I'm a journalism major and economics minor and planning on going into business reporting instead of writing for the RollingStone like I've always wanted :distress:

I like long walks on the beach
and movies
...and cats.

Yeah...lol.

holidayroad 12-05-2012 08:42 AM

^^^ Glad to see you posting again, chelluversu! :thumbsup:

chelluversu 12-05-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 1068805)
^^^ Glad to see you posting again, chelluversu! :thumbsup:

Thank you :)
:xoxo:

vivfox 12-05-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelluversu (Post 1068778)
Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is HOV...
I'm Michelle. (Hey Viv lol)

I was giggling at one of your recent twitter posts. Yet I felt so bad for you at the same time. It was your mini rant about the Fleetwood Mac tour dates and your future locations.

chelluversu 12-05-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1068959)
I was giggling at one of your recent twitter posts. Yet I felt so bad for you at the same time. It was your mini rant about the Fleetwood Mac tour dates and your future locations.

Duuuuude, I was telling my boyfriend about my favorite band being on tour and he asked when they were coming to town...he giggled a little at my problem. I would've dragged his ass along.

He's willing to drive me to another state just to go, though.
:thumbsup:

FierySequences 12-13-2012 08:30 PM

hello, I am a FM fanatic!

Hi all, I am new here and am really excited about the upcoming FM tour. I was a member of SevenWonders for awhile and I want to reconnect with other FM/SN fans. I love the band and discussing anything FM...they are my favorite. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Stevie (and I love the woman) not recording or wanting to do a new album.....seems I love them most working/touring together.

I have been a fan since 83-87, when I knew of SN, then realized she was a member of FM. Yes, I am well into my 30's and around the time of RAL I had no idea that Stevie (in her mind) had a “side” band. But since then I have come to appreciate (ALL Mac) esp Chris and Bob Welch eras, and Green.

Anywho, I am Ron Alan and I currently live in Ohio trying to put the pieces back together in this crazy world we call earth. One day I'd like to relocate to a warm, sunny space in the south. I currently work as a public servant...but often wonder what I could accomplish as a lyric/poetic analysist or simply put interpreter. One day I would like to finish Grad school by interpreting the lyrics in modern and classic music. We all can Dream, right? :D

mylittledemon 12-13-2012 08:47 PM

^Welcome Ron. :D

Mystic Owl 12-17-2012 11:51 AM

It's been so long for me here....

Just me. Ocie. Getting back into meeting some new people on here that are fans.

Good to see that there is an influx of younger people that are getting into the music, keep it alive, keep it going.

Hope to strike up some conversations I sit at a desk all day and can multi task.

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season filled with music, love, and inspiration.

https://www.facebook.com/StevieNicksTribute

https://www.facebook.com/OcieMelansonRocks

:]

TheColKel 01-02-2013 11:23 AM

I never know how to start these things off. Reminds me of the ice breakers they make you do in college on the first day, which usually results in me staring with my mouth open dumbfounded and awkwardly introducing myself.

Anyway, I happened to stumble upon this site the other day after googling about FM dvds since I had Christmas money that desperately needed to be spent, and I am so glad I found this place. Being 26, I don't have too many (okay, none) friends who want to endlessly discuss, listen to, or watch anything FM related. I tend to be the one with the "unusual" taste in things anyway lol. Needless to say, I am thrilled I can come here and connect with other fans.

I have been a huge fan since, well probably birth. I have been lucky enough to be brought up by parents with awesome taste, and I was raised on 60s-80s era music, movies, and tv shows. They're both huge FM fans and my old man even got to seem them twice back in the 70s...all the things I missed out on being born in the wrong decade lol. My obsession really took off when I was about 11 and saw The Dance on tv. Talk about being completely transfixed, it was hypnotic. I love 'em all and have recently been exposed to the pre-'75 FM stuff, but Stevie Nicks will always be my fave. I don't know what it is about the band or her, or why I like them so much, but they will always have a special place in my heart.

I could keep rambling, but I don't want to creep anyone out. Looking forward to being a part of these boards!

CADreaming 01-02-2013 12:18 PM

Welcome everybody!!

vivfox 01-02-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheColKel (Post 1071264)
Stevie Nicks will always be my fave. I don't know what it is about the band or her. I don't want to creep anyone out.

Stevie is a witch. When you listen to her sing, her voice casts a spell on you and you are captured as a fan for life. We welcome you.

TheColKel 01-03-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1071267)
Stevie is a witch. When you listen to her sing, her voice casts a spell on you and you are captured as a fan for life. We welcome you.

Well if that's the case, then I am happily bewitched. ;) And thanks for the warm welcome.

I'msoAfraid95 01-04-2013 01:07 PM

Hi, I`m Kim, a 17 y/o 10th grade student from Georgia.
Musically, I love FM,of course, and most rock/metal from the 60s to the present.
I also have a mild disability called Cerebral Pasly, which affects my left aide.

mylittledemon 01-04-2013 02:02 PM

^ Welcome, Kim! Nice to have you here. :D

oberwerk 01-06-2013 01:10 PM

Info on Mick's Paiste Gong

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 980799)
It's great to see new members and "old" lurkers getting in on all of the recent excitement. Introduce yourself- we are glad to have you here!

Hi Everyone,
I found this site while searching for photos of Mick Fleetwood on stage from 1970 through 1992. During this time period, Mick almost always had his 36" Paiste gong positioned directly behind him.
In 1992, he commissioned Pamelina (from Fender Custom-shop fame), to paint the gong with the "Shakin' the Cage" album art. After that, he only used the Paiste gong with "The Zoo", and switched to a Zildjian gong when he played with Fleetwood Mac- which he still uses to this day.
Anyway, I own the Paiste gong he used for 23 years. You can see it at fleetwoodgong.com, lots of photos and info there that I've put together over the last few years.
I'm very pleased to find here at The Ledge dozens of pictures of the Paiste gong on stage that I've never seen before.