The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NEW Entertainment Weekly article on website (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59340)

bwboy 09-14-2021 10:31 AM

NEW Entertainment Weekly article on website

The link is on www.ew.com

“Lindsey Buckingham breaks down ten of his best guitar riffs.”

Sorry I can’t post the whole article here. It’s a great read!

tango87 09-14-2021 11:39 AM

Thanks for this - yes, interesting stuff. It's so strange though, the way he's talking about FM now, it's almost as if he's still a member of the band:

"The thing about 'The Chain' is, yes, it's a signature piece of ours," he adds. "But it's also the spirit of the song and the content lyrically is very much in keeping with the legacy we built over a long period of time of always being able to rise above the difficulties in order to fulfill a greater destiny, so there was always a chain."

It feels like some kind of deliberate campaign to get back with them. I don't get why he's using this strategy to sell his solo record! Shouldn't he be celebrating his freedom from the restraints of being in a band?

bwboy 09-14-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango87 (Post 1269583)
It feels like some kind of deliberate campaign to get back with them. I don't get why he's using this strategy to sell his solo record! Shouldn't he be celebrating his freedom from the restraints of being in a band?

Honestly, and I don’t know if it’s deliberate or not, but it’s brilliant for Lindsey to use his connection to Fleetwood Mac to get the word out about his new album. I mean, if that’s what it takes to spread the word, I say go for it. A lot of times when Stevie is interviewed for her solo stuff, she or the interviewer bring up FM a lot as well, so more power to him for doing the same. And I love that he chose so many FM songs to talk about on this list, he really could have chosen more of his solo work but I think he was being honest about his choices rather that choosing to focus on his solo work. Even better, this article is all about the music.

Quick question regarding Holiday Road- my understanding is it only charted to #85 or something like that (please correct me if I’m wrong) but I STILL hear that song on the radio, even more than Trouble, which was a top ten hit. Does anyone have any theories about why it didn’t chat higher, or why it’s so well known despite the poor chart performance? It really is one of my favorites, so it’s shocking to me that it wasn’t a big hit.

HomerMcvie 09-14-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1269590)

Quick question regarding Holiday Road- my understanding is it only charted to #85 or something like that (please correct me if I’m wrong) but I STILL hear that song on the radio, even more than Trouble, which was a top ten hit. Does anyone have any theories about why it didn’t chat higher, or why it’s so well known despite the poor chart performance? It really is one of my favorites, so it’s shocking to me that it wasn’t a big hit.

Because EVERYONE loves National Lampoon's Vacation movies.

bwboy 09-20-2021 04:21 PM

There’s ANOTHER great interview on the www.ew .com website. Man, Entertainment Weekly have been big supporters of FM and Stevie, and now Lindsey too. It’s a great read.