The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Out of the Cradle.. If there were sides... wait, there were! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59222)

Villavic 04-17-2021 05:52 PM

Out of the Cradle.. If there were sides... wait, there were!

Ok this was supposed to be a poll about the favorite side of the Out of the Cradle album, but since most of you probably bought the CD (as I did ;) ), there were no 2 sides. But there was a cassette edition, with these 2 sides, so... if you had to, which one would you choose?

1. "Instrumental Introduction To:"
2. "Don't Look Down"
3. "Wrong"
4. "Countdown"
5. "All My Sorrows"
6. "Soul Drifter"
7. "Instrumental Introduction To"
8. "This Is the Time"

9. "You Do or You Don't"
10. "Street of Dreams"
11. "Spoken Introduction To"
12. "Surrender the Rain"
13. "Doing What I Can"
14. "Turn It On"
15. "This Nearly Was Mine"
16. "Say We'll Meet Again"

https://http2.mlstatic.com/D_NQ_NP_6...6_042015-O.jpg

button-lip 04-17-2021 08:29 PM

Totally unfair. You have so many great songs on each side. I guess it's Side B for me, only because I have more favorites there than on Side A. A masterpiece indeed.

snroxman 04-17-2021 08:54 PM

This is indeed a tough choice! "B" here too.

On Ice 04-18-2021 02:32 PM

I can't think of this album in sides, it's superb start to finish, brilliant everything and fantastic running order. The best of all of the band's solo albums and the most tragically overlooked album of the 90's should've made the top 5 of the decade and a grammy or two.

ryan4136 04-19-2021 12:34 PM

Very even sides....I went with B though.

aleuzzi 04-19-2021 09:25 PM

I can’t weigh in. The entire album, from start to finish, works so beautifully and of a piece that I can’t think of sides the way I would with other post-vinyl collections like, say, the BuckVie record, which to me feels like there are clear sides. Same for IN THE MEANTIME, which feels like it could easily fit into a side A, side B format.

cbBen 04-22-2021 03:42 PM

A, chiefly because of "Countdown"

HomerMcvie 04-22-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1266444)
A, chiefly because of "Countdown"

The RARE times I come across a Rick Turner Model One in a music store(maybe once every year or two), I pick it up and the first thing I play ~every time~ is Countdown.

Macfan4life 04-23-2021 06:18 AM

I had this cassette so I am totally aware it had sides ;) You had to flip the tape over to get to the other side. I played it in my 1985 Pontiac Grand Am :eek:

Side one. I love Wrong and I recently graduated college when this tape came out, Soul Drifter was my song. I was looking around for jobs and moving out of state so it sort of my theme song back then. I wanted out of my hometown and I personally identified with the song so much. And my heart was also broken around the same time so I felt like I could have written the song. The song takes me back to that time. Sure enough a few years later when I was on my own, my heartbreak turned to "Maybe love will change your mind" as my theme song. But it never worked out :(

Its tough but side 1 has the 3 best songs IMHO
Countdown
Soul Drifter
Wrong

As you can tell, I like the intricate Lindsey but love the rock Lindsey much more.

jbrownsjr 04-23-2021 09:28 AM

This is such a beautiful album. I took side 1. Maybe out of protest, who knows.

FuzzyPlum 04-23-2021 01:11 PM

Don't Look Down, Wrong and Countdown is such and amazing 1,2,3.
The only song I find amazing on side 2 is Turn it On.
I don't like Street of Dreams.
Side 1 edges it.

bombaysaffires 04-23-2021 05:58 PM

1. "Instrumental Introduction To:"
2. "Don't Look Down"
3. "Wrong"
4. "Countdown"
5. "All My Sorrows"
6. "Soul Drifter"
7. "Instrumental Introduction To"
8. "This Is the Time"

9. "You Do or You Don't"
10. "Street of Dreams"
11. "Spoken Introduction To"
12. "Surrender the Rain"
13. "Doing What I Can"
14. "Turn It On"
15. "This Nearly Was Mine"
16. "Say We'll Meet Again"

Italicized songs, Meh. Often skip. Underlines, definite skip.
LOVE Soul Drifter.
Could live w/out This Nearly Was Mine (get this sentimentality of his parents, but since I don't share those memories I can skip it though it's not inherently bad), Say We'll Meet Again also meh; All My Sorrows I usually skip as it's one of those dreary droning Lindsey songs and Turn It On totally turns me off.
Love Street of Dreams because the lyrics of it are central to the theme of the album and his struggle with FM etc and I love that Surrender the Rain comes after which is like him coming out the other side of the struggle of the previous song. Very theatrical together.

aleuzzi 04-26-2021 04:46 AM

^^^ “All My Sorrows” moves me every time. I just love it.

TrueFaith77 04-26-2021 09:22 AM

A side.

I’m coming out in support of the singles