The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Songbird-Orchestral Version (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59573)

dougl 06-16-2022 07:35 AM

Songbird-Orchestral Version

https://youtu.be/_uC9NtKh__8

tango87 06-16-2022 07:59 AM

Thanks for posting this. Hmmm... I have to say, I'm not wildly impressed. It sounds like a generalised orchestral wash has been laid over it. Christine's piano was much more specific and appropriate.

vivfox 06-16-2022 10:15 AM

OMG that was dreadful. I already have never cared for that song and now this.

aleuzzi 06-16-2022 10:18 AM

Well, it’s a bit much—the understated piano made fine accompaniment to her plaintive vocal. Here, the strings threaten to overwhelm everything.

jbrownsjr 06-16-2022 11:57 AM

This is a mess. :(

DownOnRodeo 06-16-2022 06:26 PM

The arrangement makes about as much sense as the album cover.

But maybe we are all like that radio announcer who couldn't make sense of GYOW the first time he heard it. Maybe the hidden magic of this arrangement will reveal itself to us in time.

jbrownsjr 06-16-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1275230)
The arrangement makes about as much sense as the album cover.

But maybe we are all like that radio announcer who couldn't make sense of GYOW the first time he heard it. Maybe the hidden magic of this arrangement will reveal itself to us in time.

Go with your gut. That arrangement is square peg and round hole. No puns intended. She's gone senile.

Macfan4life 06-16-2022 06:45 PM

Is it too late to cancel my Amazon order :lol: Like her movie soundtrack song she did not include on this album. This is A Fine Mess :lol:

I am glad its not just me. It seems the music does not fit with the vocal and almost like they just found a random orchestra track and put her vocal over it. If you took away her singing you would never know it was Songbird. And the orchestra track itself is not that great either.
Oh well. I sill have Buckingham McVie :)

bombaysaffires 06-16-2022 07:34 PM

the Willie Nelson version is far better.:eek:

jbrownsjr 06-16-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1275232)
Is it too late to cancel my Amazon order :lol: Like her movie soundtrack song she did not include on this album. This is A Fine Mess :lol:

I am glad its not just me. It seems the music does not fit with the vocal and almost like they just found a random orchestra track and put her vocal over it. If you took away her singing you would never know it was Songbird. And the orchestra track itself is not that great either.
Oh well. I sill have Buckingham McVie :)

It's insulting to the masterpiece that Songbird is.

HomerMcvie 06-16-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1275239)
It's insulting to the masterpiece that Songbird is.

Now what if they'd done a Songbird/Oh Daddy mashup?:rolleyes:

aleuzzi 06-16-2022 09:31 PM

Okay, so here’s as good a place as any to confess that I am obsessed with “Slow Down.” When I first heard it I thought “catchy, decent soundtrack song.” But it has gotten under my skin and I can’t stop playing it. Admitting this is the first step towards recovery.

Oh— and yes, the orchestral “Songbird” needs to crumble and die.

Macfan4life 06-17-2022 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1275245)

I would love an orchestra version of Oh Daddy as long as the music is the score of Oh Daddy. I am not sure it would great to Beethoven #5 :lol:

jbrownsjr 06-17-2022 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1275245)

Nothing is sacred anymore. :(

jbrownsjr 06-17-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1275246)
Okay, so here’s as good a place as any to confess that I am obsessed with “Slow Down.” When I first heard it I thought “catchy, decent soundtrack song.” But it has gotten under my skin and I can’t stop playing it. Admitting this is the first step towards recovery.

Oh— and yes, the orchestral “Songbird” needs to crumble and die.

Hi my name is John, and I'm a SlowDownaholic, too.