The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Mike Campbell’s comments on Christine (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59748)

SteveMacD 11-30-2022 04:57 PM

Mike Campbell’s comments on Christine

“Oh dear…..sweet Christine has left us…..that voice, those eyes, that smile. No one like her in the universe.
I remember in rehearsal once after playing “I’d Rather Go Blind,” she looked at me and said, “I like playing the blues with you, Mike.” I’ve never met anyone with such an angelic aura. Always so kind to everyone.
We will all miss you so…..no one could ever fill those shoes….

Mike”

FuzzyPlum 11-30-2022 05:20 PM

Awwww. That’s really nice

SteveMacD 11-30-2022 05:36 PM

I’m blown away they rehearsed “I’d Rather Go Blind.”

jbrownsjr 12-01-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279275)

I saw that, too! She even commented on his playing.

In 2018 when I saw them, he was fantastic.

Macfan4life 12-04-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279275)

It saddens me because they practiced all these gems but in the end the masses of asses would not be into the songs.
Good grief Neil actually sounded good on Hypnotized and they dropped it like the plague.

jmn3 12-04-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1279725)
It saddens me because they practiced all these gems but in the end the masses of asses would not be into the songs.
Good grief Neil actually sounded good on Hypnotized and they dropped it like the plague.

After all the crap about getting to expand to the whole FM catalog without LB being there dominating the set list decisions :rolleyes:, that they dropped Hypnotized - a song that still gets a relative amount of airplay and that Neil Finn sounded perfect on - was a total joke. Unfortunately, Fleetwood Mac just never would go out of their comfort zone and force some rarities on the audience.

SteveMacD 12-04-2022 10:59 PM

I feel lucky I actually got to see Hypnotized. I wasn’t planning on going to Louisville, but I had to once I saw the first setlist.

The last setlist was void of any of the charm of the early sets.

BigAl84 12-05-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1279772)
After all the crap about getting to expand to the whole FM catalog without LB being there dominating the set list decisions :rolleyes:, that they dropped Hypnotized - a song that still gets a relative amount of airplay and that Neil Finn sounded perfect on - was a total joke. Unfortunately, Fleetwood Mac just never would go out of their comfort zone and force some rarities on the audience.

I think that's what annoyed long time fans so much during the press to promote the tour. They spent decades playing only the hits or only 3-4 new songs from a new album, flash forward to 2018 and they are a new band thats going to celebrate the the pre-1975 back catalog? Everyone knew (who hadn't drank the Mick coolaid) they would only do a handful of shows before they scale back the set, which is exactly what they did. The ONLY thing notable about that tour is the fact that it was Christine's last and the absence of Lindsey Buckingham. As if Stevie Nicks' fragile ego could handle watching people take a bathroom break during Station Man.

There were so many comments flying that it was Lindsey's fault for the stale setlist. Egg in the face...AGAIN.

UnwindedDreams 12-05-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1279824)
I think that's what annoyed long time fans so much during the press to promote the tour. They spent decades playing only the hits or only 3-4 new songs from a new album, flash forward to 2018 and they are a new band thats going to celebrate the the pre-1975 back catalog? Everyone knew (who hadn't drank the Mick coolaid) they would only do a handful of shows before they scale back the set, which is exactly what they did. The ONLY thing notable about that tour is the fact that it was Christine's last and the absence of Lindsey Buckingham. As if Stevie Nicks' fragile ego could handle watching people take a bathroom break during Station Man.

There were so many comments flying that it was Lindsey's fault for the stale setlist. Egg in the face...AGAIN.

And it was WITH Lindsey in the band that Stevie dove in to her own song library: live debuts of Silver Springs, Beautiful Child, Storms, and Without You which were played every night and not dropped after 5 shows. The return of Sara after 20 years. The return of Sisters of the Moon after 30 years. The return of Seven Wonders after 25 years.
On the last tour, it's like her song library was silenced.

bwboy 12-05-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279801)
I feel lucky I actually got to see Hypnotized. I wasn’t planning on going to Louisville, but I had to once I saw the first setlist.

The last setlist was void of any of the charm of the early sets.

I was disappointed they had dropped Hypnotized by the time I saw them, but when I saw a video on YouTube later, I couldn’t believe the crowd reaction. I’m curious how Hypnotized when over with the crowd when you saw them.

Although I hated they swapped Gypsy for Storms, at least they kept 7 songs they rarely or had never done before. That’s a lot for FM. And at least they swapped Isn’t It Midnight for Hold Me, which had only been performed twice before. I was thrilled with the setlist… much more than I was for the Say You Will tour.

UnwindedDreams 12-05-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1279835)
I was disappointed they had dropped Hypnotized by the time I saw them, but when I saw a video on YouTube later, I couldn’t believe the crowd reaction. I’m curious how Hypnotized when over with the crowd when you saw them.

Although I hated they swapped Gypsy for Storms, at least they kept 7 songs they rarely or had never done before. That’s a lot for FM. And at least they swapped Isn’t It Midnight for Hold Me, which had only been performed twice before. I was thrilled with the setlist… much more than I was for the Say You Will tour.

I was much happier with the SYW setlist but that's because I love 1975-03 music. So getting new songs plus Sara, Beautiful Child, and IKINW was cake for me.

What are the 7 rare songs from 2018? Isn't It Midnight and the pre-Stevie songs?
Hold Me was played at every Christine and Lindsey show in 2017. Storms, Monday Morning, and Oh Well were played the whole 2009 Tour and were replaced with other rare songs in subsequent tours.

bwboy 12-05-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1279845)
I was much happier with the SYW setlist but that's because I love 1975-03 music. So getting new songs plus Sara, Beautiful Child, and IKINW was cake for me.

What are the 7 rare songs from 2018? Isn't It Midnight and the pre-Stevie songs?
Hold Me was played at every Christine and Lindsey show in 2017. Storms, Monday Morning, and Oh Well were played the whole 2009 Tour and were replaced with other rare songs in subsequent tours.

The three songs you mentioned from Tusk are some of my favorites. But they were juxtaposed with the new songs from Say You Will, many of which were dropped due to poor audience reaction.

The seven songs I referred to were Hold Me, Oh Well, Don’t Dream It’s Over, Black Magic Woman, Free Falling, Tell Me All the Things You Do, and All Over Again. Hold Me was a rarity, even being played on the Buck/Vie tour.

UnwindedDreams 12-05-2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1279848)
The three songs you mentioned from Tusk are some of my favorites. But they were juxtaposed with the new songs from Say You Will, many of which were dropped due to poor audience reaction.

The seven songs I referred to were Hold Me, Oh Well, Don’t Dream It’s Over, Black Magic Woman, Free Falling, Tell Me All the Things You Do, and All Over Again. Hold Me was a rarity, even being played on the Buck/Vie tour.

FM did at least 6 new songs each time I saw them on the SYW Tour.

I saw I Got You by Split Enz performed at two of my 2018 Tour shows. If they performed "Magic Stick" that would've been a rare song too! :laugh:

SteveMacD 12-05-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1279824)
flash forward to 2018 and they are a new band thats going to celebrate the the pre-1975 back catalog?

They had a career retrospective that came out during that tour, so exploring the pre- and post-1975 material was completely appropriate. Lindsey basically did the same thing on his tour.

And, they should get some credit for at least rehearsing and performing those songs. A setlist with Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Tell Me All The Things You Do, Hypnotized, and All Over Again, as well as Man Of The World on a handful of shows was exactly the kind of set I’d been hoping they’d play for decades. For Fleetwood Mac, it was bold. (That said, I would have done Sentimental Lady over Hypnotized.)

UnwindedDreams 12-05-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279860)
They had a career retrospective that came out during that tour, so exploring the pre- and post-1975 material was completely appropriate. Lindsey basically did the same thing on his tour.

And, they should get some credit for at least rehearsing and performing those songs. A setlist with Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Tell Me All The Things You Do, Hypnotized, and All Over Again, as well as Man Of The World on a handful of shows was exactly the kind of set I’d been hoping they’d play for decades. For Fleetwood Mac, it was bold. (That said, I would have done Sentimental Lady over Hypnotized.)

Why do you think didn't they rehearse or play any Behind The Mask songs? I don't get that. Four members of the 2018 lineup were on the full BTM album and Mike was on one song.

It was Lindsey's first nostalgia tour with an accompanying anthology. I wish he did the new tracks live that were on the anthology.