The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I met Mick, Bekka, and Brett 30 years ago tonight!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59657)

SteveMacD 08-24-2022 10:05 PM

I met Mick, Bekka, and Brett 30 years ago tonight!!!

Eighteen year old Steve conquered the world that night!

Assistant band director saw me and said “I heard Steve met God last night!”

The band director was not amused.

ETA: EVERYONE at my high school knew I was a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the point where a teacher I didn’t know gave me a BTM poster!

What’s weird is I sang a line of “Goin’ Down” with Bekka, and didn’t realize it was a big song in the Fleetwood Mac world. That was an encore with the Dave Walker band, which eventually morphed into “The City,” the Zoo show, and then it was a staple for The Splinter Group.

David 09-08-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1277334)

On and on it will always be, Steve — the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony!

Quote:

What’s weird is I sang a line of “Goin’ Down” with Bekka, and didn’t realize it was a big song in the Fleetwood Mac world. That was an encore with the Dave Walker band, which eventually morphed into “The City,” the Zoo show, and then it was a staple for The Splinter Group.
So YOU’RE the guy who was spotted singing that song?

Murrow 12-13-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

ETA: EVERYONE at my high school knew I was a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the point where a teacher I didn’t know gave me a BTM poster!

Goin' Down? I know The City but not familiar with Goin' Down. Sounds like a song that spreads subtly through Mac history and offshoots.

Street_Dreamer 12-14-2023 02:24 AM

I envy you.

Quote:

HomerMcvie 12-14-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1290495)
I envy you.

I've talked with Bekka a couple of times at a club. She's very approachable.

I've peed beside Billy. I didn't try to approach him!:lol: Or sneak a peek.:lol:

Mick? Nope. I'm not sure I'd want to meet him. I've always heard that he's nice IF he can get something from you.

BLY 12-14-2023 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1290514)

Mick? Nope. I'm not sure I'd want to meet him. I've always heard that he's nice IF he can get something from you.

I met Mick and Stevie. I met Stevie back stage after a Street Angel concert. She was a bit out of it but we had a brief conversation and she autographed my program. I met Mick at QVC and spent an hour with him. He was great. It was 1996 and he hinted about what was coming up in 1997. He signed one of the Fleetwood Mac books I had with me. He signed it after we spent an hour together, so it was more than just his signature.

jbrownsjr 12-29-2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1290525)
I met Mick and Stevie. I met Stevie back stage after a Street Angel concert. She was a bit out of it but we had a brief conversation and she autographed my program. I met Mick at QVC and spent an hour with him. He was great. It was 1996 and he hinted about what was coming up in 1997. He signed one of the Fleetwood Mac books I had with me. He signed it after we spent an hour together, so it was more than just his signature.

What did you guys talk about?

BLY 12-29-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1290790)
What did you guys talk about.

I was telling him how much I loved all their lineups and Fleetwood Mac is the soundtrack of my life. I was telling him I met Stevie a few years back with my young daughters and they were a bit shocked on how she didn’t look like she did in the Stand Back video. That’s when he told me she is in a really good place and doing well. He said that all 5 of them recently had dinner. We also talked about the Twisted soundtrack song and that’s when he hinted about “Something in the works” He was very cool and I can tell he appreciated my interest in the band.