The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hot Topics (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56933)

iamnotafraid 03-21-2018 02:17 PM

Hillary, the gift that keeps on giving...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1221288)

Hillary admittedly paid Russia for dirt on Trump and doesnít get charged with collusion.

uranium to Russia...

Janet Lynch and Obama knew that Russia was meddling with our elections but stopped the investigation.


This is proof that the left don't have a leg to stand on.
Had Hillary won all this would have been swept under
the rug.

It seems Democrats finally realized in 2017 that Russians
aren't our friends.

I would suggest they get out of the way and let Trump do
his job.

iamnotafraid 03-21-2018 03:47 PM

This just in...

Biden says he'd beat the hell out of Trump if in high school.

Wow! This stuff is better than anything I could make up.

Biden, Clinton and Obama or Larry, Moe and Curly?

Jondalar 03-22-2018 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1221304)
This just in...

Biden says he'd beat the hell out of Trump if in high school.

Wow! This stuff is better than anything I could make up.

Biden, Clinton and Obama or Larry, Moe and Curly?

I don't know about that. Trump was pretty scrappy. The Democratic Party needs to appeal to working class white voters in the next presidential election. They lost them last election. Biden is the only person they have who they think can appeal to those voters. The problem is Biden is 75 years right now. (4 years older than Trump.) He will be 78 years old the next election. Right now, the media is taking photographs of Biden giving money to homeless people and spreading them around the internet. They want the world to think that he is an angel and Trump the devil. The mainstream media is just a puppet of the DEEP STATE.

The bias of the media is soooo unreal. In 2012 Obama called Vladmir Putin to congratulate him on winning the election. Well, Trump just did the same thing and the media went crazy. They are insinuating that he is in league with Putin. They are absolutely ok with starting a new Cold War or World War 3 with Russia then admit how badly they screwed up in the election. Hillary paid Russia for information on Trump and the Obama administration stops Russian interference investigation, yet, Trump, a man who had no Washington experience. is supposed to be the one colluding with Putin. Totally ridiculous.

Watch the video I embedded. It's pretty sickening.

iamnotafraid 03-22-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1221309)
I don't know about that. Trump was pretty scrappy.

In 2012 Obama called Vladmir Putin to congratulate him on winning the election. Well, Trump just did the same thing and the media went crazy.

I believe Mr. Trump could take Biden any day of the week.
That's a PPV that I'd be glad to pay for.

I'm wondering if Biden felt the same about the enabler and
her husband Bill?

The call...
It's so ridiculous how the media paints the picture. If
there's not a story - make one up!

I don't believe I've heard one positive story about President
Trump the whole times he's been in office. It seems the news
media and Democrats would even like him to fail on North
Korea.

People wonder why conservatives listen to Fox News. It's
not that hard to figure out really.

gldstwmn 04-11-2018 02:03 PM

Please stop the misogynistic blame game campaign against Stevie Nicks
 


bombaysaffires 04-11-2018 02:27 PM

Speaking as a woman, and as a feminist, being a woman does not exempt you from blame for your actions.

Everyone wants to paint Stevie as the victim of bad behavior perpetrated by Lindsey. I believe it is very likely that such behavior did occur.

However when their personal relationship ended the co-dependency between them did not. They each knew how to push each other's buttons and taunt each other and screw each other over in their interactions. I believe this kind of behavior has gone on for years perpetrated by BOTH of them towards each other.

Many of us believe she knew she could manipulate him by manipulating his feelings, and she also harbored resentments for things that happened in the past, and found ways to inflict payback. (As did he). Her solo success gave her more power within the band to demand what she wanted because to not give her what she wanted risked that she would leave and then they would all lose a lot of money.

She's not dumb. She's very business savvy, and she would use this increasing power to get her way on things. As she got more successful in her solo career and knew she had options that others did not, she began to feel more and more entitled to get her way. After all, she is a legend. The one person who always pushed back against her was Lindsey. Not necessarily a healthy thing, but such is their dynamic. Many people believe that since he was really the only person in the band who would not just give in to what she wanted, over time this really irritated her, and she ultimately used her leverage to get him out in order to have all the power in the band.

You can disagree and that's fine, but that is NOT misogyny. The word misogyny means "hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I can't speak for everyone who bashes Stevie, but for many people it isn't because she's a WOMAN that they are mad at her, it's because she made a POWER GRAB. You may choose to justify that because once upon a time he got physical with her. Others don't.

Women can be manipulative and use their financial power in nasty ways just like men can. That is what many think happened here.

gldstwmn 04-11-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1222596)
Speaking as a woman, and as a feminist, being a woman does not exempt you from blame for your actions.

Everyone wants to paint Stevie as the victim of bad behavior perpetrated by Lindsey. I believe it is very likely that such behavior did occur.

Their relationship ended. The co-dependency between them did not. They each knew how to push each other's buttons and taunt each other and screw each other over in their interactions. I believe this kind of behavior has gone on for years perpetrated by BOTH of them towards each other. Many of us believe she knew she could manipulate him by manipulating his feelings, and she also harbored resentments for things that happened in the past, and found ways to inflict payback. (As did he). Her solo success gave her more power within the band to demand what she wanted because to not give her what she wanted risked that she would leave and then they would all lose a lot of money. SHe's not dumb. SHe's a very smart cookie, and she would use this increasing power to get her way on things. As she got more successful in her solo career and knew she had options that others did not, she began to feel somewhat entitled to get her way. After all, she is a legend. The one person who always pushed back against her was Lindsey. Not necessarily a healthy thing, but such is their dynamic. Many people believe that since he was really the only person in the band who would not just give in to what she wanted, over time this really irritated her, and she ultimately used her leverage to get him out in order to have all the power in the band.

You can disagree and that's fine, but that is NOT misogyny. The word misogyny means "hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I can't speak for everyone who bashes Stevie, but for many people it isn't because she's a WOMAN that they are mad at her, it's because she made a POWER GRAB. You may choose to justify that because once upon a time he got physical with her. Others don't.

Women can be manipulative and use their financial power in nasty ways just like men can. That is what many think happened here.

Thank you. This is exactly the type of discussion I wish to have. :cool:

blinker12 04-11-2018 02:37 PM

I don't think there's enough real information out there about the firing to make a call on this either way. No one (except the band) knows exactly what was said or done, so how can we assign any labels, including "misogynistic" or "power grab," to what happened?

SisterNightroad 04-11-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1222597)
Thank you. This is exactly the type of discussion I wish to have. :cool:

I'm afraid this type of discussion belongs to the Hot Topics thread, sorry but I'll have to move it there.

bombaysaffires 04-11-2018 02:45 PM

Speaking as a woman, and as a feminist, and a lifelong Stevie fan (hence the screen name) being a woman does not exempt you from blame for your actions.

Everyone wants to paint Stevie as the victim of bad behavior perpetrated by Lindsey. I believe it is very likely that such behavior did occur.

However when their personal relationship ended the co-dependency between them did not. They each knew how to push each other's buttons and taunt each other and screw each other over in their interactions. I believe this kind of behavior has gone on for years perpetrated by BOTH of them towards each other.

Many of us believe she knew she could manipulate him by manipulating his feelings, and she also harbored resentments for things that happened in the past, and found ways to inflict payback. (As did he). Her solo success gave her more power within the band to demand what she wanted because to not give her what she wanted risked that she would leave and then they would all lose a lot of money.

She's not dumb. She's very business savvy, and she would use this increasing power to get her way on things. As she got more successful in her solo career and knew she had options that others did not, she began to feel more and more entitled to get her way. After all, she is a legend. The one person who always pushed back against her was Lindsey. Not necessarily a healthy thing, but such is their dynamic. Many people believe that since he was really the only person in the band who would not just give in to what she wanted, over time this really irritated her, and she ultimately used her leverage to get him out in order to have all the power in the band.

You can disagree and that's fine, but that is NOT misogyny. The word misogyny means "hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I can't speak for everyone who bashes Stevie, but for many people it isn't because she's a WOMAN that they are mad at her, it's because she made a POWER GRAB. You may choose to justify that because once upon a time he got physical with her. Others don't.

Women can be manipulative and use their financial power in nasty ways just like men can. That is what many think happened here.
__________________

AnthonyMI 04-11-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1222596)
Speaking as a woman, and as a feminist, being a woman does not exempt you from blame for your actions.

Everyone wants to paint Stevie as the victim of bad behavior perpetrated by Lindsey. I believe it is very likely that such behavior did occur.

However when their personal relationship ended the co-dependency between them did not. They each knew how to push each other's buttons and taunt each other and screw each other over in their interactions. I believe this kind of behavior has gone on for years perpetrated by BOTH of them towards each other.

Many of us believe she knew she could manipulate him by manipulating his feelings, and she also harbored resentments for things that happened in the past, and found ways to inflict payback. (As did he). Her solo success gave her more power within the band to demand what she wanted because to not give her what she wanted risked that she would leave and then they would all lose a lot of money.

She's not dumb. She's very business savvy, and she would use this increasing power to get her way on things. As she got more successful in her solo career and knew she had options that others did not, she began to feel more and more entitled to get her way. After all, she is a legend. The one person who always pushed back against her was Lindsey. Not necessarily a healthy thing, but such is their dynamic. Many people believe that since he was really the only person in the band who would not just give in to what she wanted, over time this really irritated her, and she ultimately used her leverage to get him out in order to have all the power in the band.

You can disagree and that's fine, but that is NOT misogyny. The word misogyny means "hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I can't speak for everyone who bashes Stevie, but for many people it isn't because she's a WOMAN that they are mad at her, it's because she made a POWER GRAB. You may choose to justify that because once upon a time he got physical with her. Others don't.

Women can be manipulative and use their financial power in nasty ways just like men can. That is what many think happened here.



Egg-zactly

I never hated her before and Iíll always love her music. But since becoming creatively bankrupt shes become so bitter and spiteful toward her own band. Putting a name on it and calling her out for whatís sheís done and become issnt Mrs-ogamy.

SisterNightroad 04-11-2018 03:08 PM

Honestly I don't think the point is if people call Stevie out, the problem is how they're doing it, personally I've seen a lot of expletives that refer to Stevie's sex life, her appearance and so on and I don't approve it.
Let's pretend for a moment that we're talking about someone else, if a girl or a woman has done something wrong and people are understandably angry with her and call her out, does this make it acceptable to insult her out as a woman, or shouldn't she be addressed as simply a person?

gldstwmn 04-11-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1222601)
I'm afraid this type of discussion belongs to the Hot Topics thread, sorry but I'll have to move it there.

No actually a Stevie Nicks thread belongs in a Stevie Nicks or Rumours forum. But you are one of the people who are enabling this behavior so I expected as much.

SisterNightroad 04-11-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1222619)
No actually a Stevie Nicks thread belongs in a Stevie Nicks or Rumours forum. But you are one of the people who are enabling this behavior so I expected as much.

If the threads were simply about Stevie's person I wouldn't have any problem letting them stay there but since the discussions evidently intended to start heavy political dissertations then it belongs here.
I'm curious about how I would be enabling what?

elle 04-11-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1222618)
Honestly I don't think the point is if people call Stevie out, the problem is how they're doing it, personally I've seen a lot of expletives that refer to Stevie's sex life, her appearance and so on and I don't approve it.
Let's pretend for a moment that we're talking about someone else, if a girl or a woman has done something wrong and people are understandably angry with her and call her out, does this make it acceptable to insult her out as a woman, or shouldn't she be addressed as simply a person?

Is she really being insulted as a woman? I didnít see it anywhere but maybe Iím staying in just more positive groups.

Most groups jump on others if they even remotely mentioned the story that was told by that Petty insider- itís him or me. It never even gets to name calling.

If anything, you can describe the power grab as a textbook business MAN tactics- you get enough power, you squeeze the person that stands in your way out.

SisterNightroad 04-11-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1222626)
Is she really being insulted as a woman? I didn’t see it anywhere but maybe I’m staying in just more positive groups.

Most groups jump on others if they even remotely mentioned the story that was told by that Petty insider- it’s him or me. It never even gets to name calling.

If anything, you can describe the power grab as a textbook business MAN tactics- you get enough power, you squeeze the person that stands in your way out.

Yes, I'm referring mostly to things I've seen yesterday on Facebook, and I'm somewhat surprised that The Ledge seems to be taking the shocking news slightly better than I initially expected.

Yes, the concept of aggressive power play in the work environment is traditionally viewed as masculine as usually women are thought to lean more towards diplomacy, but these are obviously just stereotypes, we all surely know both lots of assertive women and diplomatic men.

gldstwmn 04-11-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1222624)
If the threads were simply about Stevie's person I wouldn't have any problem letting them stay there but since the discussions evidently intended to start heavy political dissertations then it belongs here.
I'm curious about how I would be enabling what?

No thanks I'm good. I'd like a seperate thread instead of being shuffled into some dusty old corner, which is exactly what been done to #metoo victims, Cosby victims, etc. How ironic. :cool:
Edited to add: I do have a question for you though. My post had nothing to do with politics. Do you think misogyny is political?

iamnotafraid 05-19-2018 09:04 PM

I guess it's time...
 
Al Sharpton says "Royal wedding shows white supremacy
on it's last breath".

Well, I guess that's something we've finally got behind us.

SisterNightroad 05-24-2018 02:41 AM

Now I can finally say it: God damn it Italy!

FuzzyPlum 06-12-2018 01:59 PM

I'm starting to think of Donald Trump as Chauncey Gardner.

SisterNightroad 06-12-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1230701)
I'm starting to think of Donald Trump as Chauncey Gardner.

With the exception that Chance the Gardener was a naive and candid character

FuzzyPlum 06-12-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1230714)
With the exception that Chance the Gardener was a naive and candid character

Yes, but he was simple, lucky and mistaken for a political and economic genius.

jwd 06-30-2018 07:45 PM

The Left Unhinged
 
What IS the World Coming To?!


Jondalar 06-30-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1231884)
What IS the World Coming To?!


I love this commercial. I wish that they would of added Joy Behar saying she hoped Trump was killed in a fire. If the the Left is angry about this commercial, itís their own fault. They did it to themselves. They seem like they are trying to commit suicide.

Macfan4life 07-01-2018 05:56 AM

One thing liberals and Trumpists have in common is their list of grievances. It used to only liberals who had this list of things being unfair but Trumpists are very much like liberals these days and melt like snowflakes over a Halloween mask with ketchup with their fake outrage.
I see them almost overlapping each other these days. Each side pretends to take some sort of moral high ground. You could create a video from the other side that has similar if not worse actions to make snowflakes melt. Has Trump not said the same thing at rallies that Maxine Waters said? Celebrities like Ted Nugent has said the same nasty stuff against Obama that many leftist celebrities say about Trump. To pretend this is one sided is foolish. Its cultish and tribal and proves no one is capable of thinking these days. Is everyone a victim and has to play these games? We are raising a country of victims with lists of grievances. The fake outrage is the most pathetic part. Anderson Cooper and CNN and Trumpists melting down over a Halloween Mask with ketchup LMAO. Where do we go from here?

Jondalar 07-01-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1231899)
One thing liberals and Trumpists have in common is their list of grievances. It used to only liberals who had this list of things being unfair but Trumpists are very much like liberals these days and melt like snowflakes over a Halloween mask with ketchup with their fake outrage.
I see them almost overlapping each other these days. Each side pretends to take some sort of moral high ground. You could create a video from the other side that has similar if not worse actions to make snowflakes melt. Has Trump not said the same thing at rallies that Maxine Waters said? Celebrities like Ted Nugent has said the same nasty stuff against Obama that many leftist celebrities say about Trump. To pretend this is one sided is foolish. Its cultish and tribal and proves no one is capable of thinking these days. Is everyone a victim and has to play these games? We are raising a country of victims with lists of grievances. The fake outrage is the most pathetic part. Anderson Cooper and CNN and Trumpists melting down over a Halloween Mask with ketchup LMAO. Where do we go from here?

You donít like the video because your liberal and it doesnít make your side look good. My god. If Kathy Griffin, Snoop Doggy or Madonna would of treated Obama like that or anyone of one of his staff, they would be in jail. Let someone make a video of them shooting Obama on the head and they would of been imprisoned . Hollywood coupled with the Antifa, and the mainstream biased media are like a hateful cult.

You keep bringing up Ted Nugent. Ted who? To compare him with real stars is a joke. Trumps approval rating keeps rising and as is does, liberals get more desperate. They even stooped to the low of using children for sympathy any time they can.

jwd 07-05-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1231899)
One thing liberals and Trumpists have in common is their list of grievances. It used to only liberals who had this list of things being unfair but Trumpists are very much like liberals these days and melt like snowflakes over a Halloween mask with ketchup with their fake outrage.
I see them almost overlapping each other these days. Each side pretends to take some sort of moral high ground. You could create a video from the other side that has similar if not worse actions to make snowflakes melt. Has Trump not said the same thing at rallies that Maxine Waters said? Celebrities like Ted Nugent has said the same nasty stuff against Obama that many leftist celebrities say about Trump. To pretend this is one sided is foolish. Its cultish and tribal and proves no one is capable of thinking these days. Is everyone a victim and has to play these games? We are raising a country of victims with lists of grievances. The fake outrage is the most pathetic part. Anderson Cooper and CNN and Trumpists melting down over a Halloween Mask with ketchup LMAO. Where do we go from here?

Civil discourse would be a good place to start. No one should ever incite violence. That is not the appropriate course for a civilized republic. Treating each other with respect and having mature, open minded discussion goes a long way to accomplishing your goals.

Jondalar 07-05-2018 11:35 PM

Here is a video showing a 30 year old man ripping a MAGA hat off from a 16 year old boy and throwing a drink in his face. He also called him a n*gg*r. You will not see this all over the news because it makes Democrats look bad. https://youtu.be/F37eIJ64t1M

jwd 07-05-2018 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1232204)
Here is a video showing a 30 year old man ripping a MAGA hat off from a 16 year old boy and throwing a drink in his face. He also called him a n*gg*r. You will not see this all over the news because it makes Democrats look bad. https://youtu.be/F37eIJ64t1M

Surely he called the police and filed assault charges? Or surely his parents would. It's on video. That's ridiculous.

iamnotafraid 07-06-2018 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1232204)
Here is a video showing a 30 year old man ripping a MAGA hat off from a 16 year old boy and throwing a drink in his face. He also called him a n*gg*r. You will not see this all over the news because it makes Democrats look bad. https://youtu.be/F37eIJ64t1M

As you said it won't be seen all over the news.

Jondalar 07-06-2018 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1232207)
Surely he called the police and filed assault charges? Or surely his parents would. It's on video. That's ridiculous.

The video was posted on Twitter. The restaurant fired him and the Green Party expelled him from the party. The boy finally decided to file charges and the man was arrested for stealing. He is the 30 years old, Mexican American and his name is Kino Jimenez. He had participated in anti Trump rallies before.

Fox is the only one posting about it on twitter. It should be all over the news because this is a teenager getting assaulted. However, because Democrats arenít looking so great right now, this could really hurt them, so itís not getting the coverage it deserves. A lot of people have blamed Maxine Maxipad Walters for this for her rhetoric against Trump supporters.

FuzzyPlum 07-06-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1232221)
The video was posted on Twitter. The restaurant fired him and the Green Party expelled him from the party. The boy finally decided to file charges and the man was arrested for stealing. He is the 30 years old, Mexican American and his name is Kino Jimenez. He had participated in anti Trump rallies before.

Fox is the only one posting about it on twitter. It should be all over the news because this is a teenager getting assaulted. However, because Democrats arenít looking so great right now, this could really hurt them, so itís not getting the coverage it deserves. A lot of people have blamed Maxine Maxipad Walters for this for her rhetoric against Trump supporters.


a) its very convenient the video is only available from that exact moment. You don't know whether there was anything preceding this happening that may have provoked the guy. There's still no excuse for that sort of behaviour but there may have been something in the build up that would have provided some context to his anger. I'm not saying anything of note did happen but its very easy to be selective with clips in order to distort peoples' image of an incident.

b) is that really worthy of news? There are far bigger issues out there in the world. A man gets angry with a kid, takes his hat and throws his drink at him. Big deal- that sort of thing happens every day for a variety of reasons. That Fox picks up on it and makes a major issue of it is really no surprise. There's no accounting for individual idiots.

Jondalar 07-06-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1232243)
a) its very convenient the video is only available from that exact moment. You don't know whether there was anything preceding this happening that may have provoked the guy. There's still no excuse for that sort of behaviour but there may have been something in the build up that would have provided some context to his anger. I'm not saying anything of note did happen but its very easy to be selective with clips in order to distort peoples' image of an incident.

b) is that really worthy of news? There are far bigger issues out there in the world. A man gets angry with a kid, takes his hat and throws his drink at him. Big deal- that sort of thing happens every day for a variety of reasons. That Fox picks up on it and makes a major issue of it is really no surprise. There's no accounting for individual idiots.

Ridiculous! If the shoe were on the other foot, it would be all over the news. Nobody uses children and teenagers like the Democratic Party - high school shootings to get gun control, illegal immigrants children separated from parents to hurt ICE and Trump. You have to be living on another planet to not see how Democrats are always using children as a weapon.

He also called the teenager a n*gg*r. I guess that doesn’t count when a Hispanic says it.

P.S there is an “unnamed source” that claims the boys made remarks before hand but the liberal media won’t report who that source is. Also what the source claimed is ridiculous. People don’t talk that way. It’s the media trying to protect their party again. Hopefully the Democratic Party finishes it suicide before the midterms.

By the way, this man is 30 years old, the kid is 16.

FuzzyPlum 07-06-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1232277)
Ridiculous! If the shoe were on the other foot, it would be all over the news. Nobody uses children and teenagers like the Democratic Party - high school shootings to get gun control, illegal immigrants children separated from parents to hurt ICE and Trump. You have to be living on another planet to not see how Democrats are always using children as a weapon.

He also called the teenager a n*gg*r. I guess that doesnít count when a Hispanic says it.

P.S there is an ďunnamed sourceĒ that claims the boys made remarks before hand but the liberal media wonít report who that source is. Also what the source claimed is ridiculous. People donít talk that way. Itís the media trying to protect their party again. Hopefully the Democratic Party finishes it suicide before the midterms.



Whaaaat? Seriously? You are comparing children being shot and kids being separated from their parents en-masse and put in cages with a teenager having a baseball cap taken, being sworn at and having a drink thrown at him.
FFS take a step back and think for a moment :shrug:

Jondalar 07-06-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1232280)
Whaaaat? Seriously? You are comparing children being shot and kids being separated from their parents en-masse and put in cages with a teenager having a baseball cap taken, being sworn at and having a drink thrown at him.
FFS take a step back and think for a moment :shrug:

What??? seriously?? Uh yes! School Shootings and child separations were taking place before Trump got there but the media didnít dwell on it before. If you donít want your child separated from you then donít cross the border and break the law. Simple as that.

If the roles were reversed, the media would make out the man to be a racist and there would be racial discussions to try and show how racist the Unites States is. The Democrats would use it to keep minorities scared.

Nobody uses children like the Democratic Party. They want people to vote on emotion and not use their brains.

FuzzyPlum 07-07-2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1232292)
What??? seriously?? Uh yes! School Shootings and child separations were taking place before Trump got there but the media didnít dwell on it before. If you donít want your child separated from you then donít cross the border and break the law. Simple as that.

If the roles were reversed, the media would make out the man to be a racist and there would be racial discussions to try and show how racist the Unites States is. The Democrats would use it to keep minorities scared.

Nobody uses children like the Democratic Party. They want people to vote on emotion and not use their brains.


Well, I'm not American but I'm pretty certain the US media has dwelt on school shootings long before Trump (and will continue to do so long after him too). It seems odd to claim otherwise.

Child separations did indeed take place by US border authorities before Trump, but not in such significant numbers. I don't think anybody would deny it may be necessary to separate families in some cases and sent some people to prison. But deliberately using the policy as a deterrent is abhorrent and rightly condemned by people all around the world. There was a 1700% increase in such cases between April and May of this year.

Jondalar 07-07-2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1232313)
Well, I'm not American but I'm pretty certain the US media has dwelt on school shootings long before Trump (and will continue to do so long after him too). It seems odd to claim otherwise.

Child separations did indeed take place by US border authorities before Trump, but not in such significant numbers. I don't think anybody would deny it may be necessary to separate families in some cases and sent some people to prison. But deliberately using the policy as a deterrent is abhorrent and rightly condemned by people all around the world. There was a 1700% increase in such cases between April and May of this year.

They werenít using school shootings in the past as a weapon against the president of the United States like they are now. They have to find ways of keeping people outraged against Trump so they will be motivated to go vote. Using children is a way to do that.

The policy was not abhorrent. They broke the law. Itís their parents fault. Donít come here! Itís not supposed to be easy to be an illegal immigrant - does that ever sink into liberals? They need to fight for better living conditions in their own countries, not ours. .... And condemned around the world? Who cares? The media is controlled by liberals around the world who take their que from the Democratic Party. Are people really outraged - not really. Fake outrage is their weapon.

lovethemac1 07-07-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1232315)
They werenít using school shootings in the past as a weapon against the president of the United States like they are now. They have to find ways of keeping people outraged against Trump so they will be motivated to go vote. Using children is a way to do that.

The policy was not abhorrent. They broke the law. Itís their parents fault. Donít come here! Itís not supposed to be easy to be an illegal immigrant - does that ever sink into liberals? They need to fight for better living conditions in their own countries, not ours. .... And condemned around the world? Who cares? The media is controlled by liberals around the world who take their que from the Democratic Party. Are people really outraged - not really. Fake outrage is their weapon.

I'm not from the the US, but trust me in saying this has been in our media for ages. Maybe the school shootings are hitting the media more because there are so many of them. And people are horrified, and it's come down to kids trying to make a difference because nothing was changing after Sandy Hook, etc.

You don't need the media to keep the world outraged at Trump. He has his own Twitter account to keep the world scratching their heads.

As for your immigration issues? All developed countries face the issue of illegal immigration/refugees. Breaking the law or not, human compassion when dealing with children is top. These people did not risk life and limb to come for a better life, because they have options at home. They don't.

But I'm sure you'll stand by your beliefs, that's your right.

lovethemac1 07-07-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1232315)
They werenít using school shootings in the past as a weapon against the president of the United States like they are now. They have to find ways of keeping people outraged against Trump so they will be motivated to go vote. Using children is a way to do that.

The policy was not abhorrent. They broke the law. Itís their parents fault. Donít come here! Itís not supposed to be easy to be an illegal immigrant - does that ever sink into liberals? They need to fight for better living conditions in their own countries, not ours. .... And condemned around the world? Who cares? The media is controlled by liberals around the world who take their que from the Democratic Party. Are people really outraged - not really. Fake outrage is their weapon.

And trust me, we liberals around the world do not take our que from your Democratic Party. Others countries can think for themselves.

Jondalar 07-12-2018 01:46 AM

Ha ha Stormy Daniels was arrested at Sirens strip club about a half a mile away from where I live for letting client touch her. You would think with all the publicity, she would know better.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved