The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Albatross, Oh Well, & I Need Your Love So Bad (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38270)

SmileAtYou 12-03-2008 12:43 PM

Albatross, Oh Well, & I Need Your Love So Bad

Gotta love the Old Fleetwood Mac

I Need Your Love So Bad

Oh Well

Albatross

zoork_1 12-03-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmileAtYou (Post 786472)
Gotta love the Old Fleetwood Mac...[...]

Yes....

/z

slipkid 12-03-2008 10:28 PM

With what's on Youtube, is there any known video or film of this era that hasn't been released? For instance, is it possible the B.B. King/FM shows at the Royal Albert Hall were filmed? What is the source for "Rattlesnake Shake" that looks to be from the same show as "Like It This Way", "I'm Worried", and "The World Keep On Turning"? Yet that version of RS isn't on "The Early Years" DVD/VHS. Is there more of that concert?

Ms Moose 12-05-2008 01:53 PM

Ledgie Blues

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkid (Post 786707)
With what's on Youtube, is there any known video or film of this era that hasn't been released? For instance, is it possible the B.B. King/FM shows at the Royal Albert Hall were filmed? What is the source for "Rattlesnake Shake" that looks to be from the same show as "Like It This Way", "I'm Worried", and "The World Keep On Turning"? Yet that version of RS isn't on "The Early Years" DVD/VHS. Is there more of that concert?

This is the BIG question and the course of a lot of "Ledgie Blues": is there any more live film footage of Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac? There might be, but it does not seem to appear anywhere.:distress:

I don't think the BB King concerts were filmed - unfortunately!

"I'am Worried", "World Keep Turning", "Like It This Way" and "Rattlesnake Shake" are all from a show in Njårdhallen, Oslo, Norway, 3rd of November 1969. It was filmed by NRK-TV (Norwegian Television), and they might have the rest of the show on film according to a norwegian ledgie who has written to NRK-TV to ask them. Apparently there are contractual issues that goes against it being made public.
There is a tread (no. 595) on this in the archive in the Pre-Rumours section. I have also been looking for the thread with the information about the norwegian television company but can't find it. It's is from about a year ago as far as I remember.

Maybe Don Brown or Mario or some of the other "experts" know more?

Ms Moose

greenmanastrat 01-17-2009 07:24 PM

Would be wonderful if some kind soul managed to get the stuff on you tube...would love to see it. :D

Ms Moose 01-18-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmanastrat (Post 793551)
Would be wonderful if some kind soul managed to get the stuff on you tube...would love to see it. :D

Yes, it would be wonderful! There must be someone - maybe a both kind and bribeable soul working in those archives at NRK-TV. I hope they haven't thrown it all out the way BBC did!!!

Ms Moose

dansven 01-18-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 793602)
Yes, it would be wonderful! There must be someone - maybe a both kind and bribeable soul working in those archives at NRK-TV. I hope they haven't thrown it all out the way BBC did!!!

Ms Moose

To my knowledge these are still in the NRK archives. It's true, they've been contacted. I did it too... but they're not releasing anything so far. At least there are more songs from the same gig "available" as audio bootlegs.

The earlier playback film ("My Heart Beat Like A Hammer" and "Shake Your Moneymaker" from the "Early Years" DVD) are also from Norway, and was broadcast again 2-3 years ago. Although no "new" material.