The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brad Jeffries comment (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59238)

bwboy 05-04-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1266731)
I actually love it when these people around the periphery — let’s call them marginalia — get catty with the band. Billy and Rick have obviously tried to do so, but they’re both too gentle (or too afraid of never being asked back to the periphery). But a Fleetwood Mac without these recriminations and psychodramatics is like a corned beef Reuben without sauerkraut. Bring it, boys.

We all certainly get catty about the band here, so why not Brad? He can give his opinion just like we can. But I’m curious about your comment re Rick- when has he ever tried to be catty about FM? I don’t recall him ever saying anything negative about his experience in the band. Even if he did, I guess he has that right anyway, after all it was his experience. I’m sure he had great highs and lows during his stint, I’m just curious as to what you were referring to.

Billy’s book was written before Neil was chosen to replace Lindsey, and he had a ton of good things to say about FM. Despite that, I completely get why he was po’ed about not being chosen to come back. I’m sure that really hurt. I’m glad he recovered from his heart issues and COVID, and Lindsey from his heart attack.

Macfan4life 05-04-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1266739)
We all certainly get catty about the band here, so why not Brad? He can give his opinion just like we can. But I’m curious about your comment re Rick- when has he ever tried to be catty about FM? I don’t recall him ever saying anything negative about his experience in the band. Even if he did, I guess he has that right anyway, after all it was his experience. I’m sure he had great highs and lows during his stint, I’m just curious as to what you were referring to.

Billy’s book was written before Neil was chosen to replace Lindsey, and he had a ton of good things to say about FM. Despite that, I completely get why he was po’ed about not being chosen to come back. I’m sure that really hurt. I’m glad he recovered from his heart issues and COVID, and Lindsey from his heart attack.

Lets also not forget that Brad gave a fascinating story recently of him being on a couch at Stevie's house seated between Prince and Stevie for the MTV world premiere of Stand Back. OMG that is just crazy to think about. Stevie in those days was chatty cathy on coke and Prince, the straight silent type who supposedly was too religious to do drugs. Can you imagine this conversation?

UnwindedDreams 05-04-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1266739)
He can give his opinion just like we can.

However he didn't state as opinion, Brad presented his words as fact. He states himself as an insider and speaks for Stevie and the band. See the fourth sentence.

Neal 05-04-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1266723)
Brad was around during Stevie's heavy drug use, from 1983-1986, so I don't know how he can say that stuff with a straight face.

He stuck it out at least through 1989, when he literally walked/danced on water for her! :shocked: :cool:

Neal 05-04-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266738)
Yes that story was freaking incredible. Its post Betty Ford so they whispered to not do it in front of her but Stevie's behavior at that party was insane. They had to get the driver to take her home and even he was like "I got this, I know how to get her home."

When and where was this posted?? Sounds like a great read... :nod:

Nicks Fan 05-04-2021 08:08 PM

The issue I have is since Lindsey was fired it seems like itís open season on him from anyone even remotely connected to FM or one itís members. I recall Ken got his licks in , someone on social media said they messaged Carol and she wasnít exactly crying over him getting fired, Vanessa Carlton got her digs in and now this twat is doing the same thing.

I love how he mentions two incidents but then is not at liberty to discuss. I call bs. I guess this guy answers questions on Quora and someone asked him about his thoughts on Lindseyís firing. My take on it is that heís looking to to stay in the spotlight by using his SN connection. To my knowledge he has never worked with FM in any capacity so what he could he possibly know or have seen???

Let me guess SN or one of her entourage told him stories so they automatically have to be true.

Macfan4life 05-05-2021 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1266743)
When and where was this posted?? Sounds like a great read... :nod:

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0VeiyBZhbg&t=363s

BigAl84 05-05-2021 08:37 AM

Last year I found an interesting video on youtube of Bobbye Hall talking about a lot of the work she had done in the past and the artists she had worked with. She had so many great things to say about a lot of the folks she had worked with. I'm not sure if it was due to editing or what - but when the topic of Stevie Nicks came up, she had very little to say about Stevie.

My point is, it has felt like open season for Lindsey these days...but I guarantee there is plenty of diva Stevie stories that have never been made public.

HomerMcvie 05-05-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1266748)

My point is, it has felt like open season for Lindsey these days...but I guarantee there is plenty of diva Stevie stories that have never been made public.

I met a woman who told me she was in charge of "green room" catering at one of $tevie's shows, and she said that $tevie was horrible. That $he complained about everything, and that nothing was good enough for her.

Macfan4life 05-05-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266754)
I met a woman who told me she was in charge of "green room" catering at one of $tevie's shows, and she said that $tevie was horrible. That $he complained about everything, and that nothing was good enough for her.

When I just joined this forum, I posted Stevie's 1991 Whole Lotta Trouble Tour backstage demands. They were quite ridiculous but the funny part is she had lots of very expensive alcohol bottles but PLASTIC CUPS. I will have to find it and post it again.


Edit: Found it. No leaf blowers EVER!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/stevie-nicks-rider

HomerMcvie 05-05-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266757)
When I just joined this forum, I posted Stevie's 1991 Whole Lotta Trouble Tour backstage demands. They were quite ridiculous but the funny part is she had lots of very expensive alcohol bottles but PLASTIC CUPS. I will have to find it and post it again.


Edit: Found it. No leaf blowers EVER!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/stevie-nicks-rider

NO LEAF BLOWERS! $tevie prefers a broom! :]


Actually, I understand why no leaf blowers. If they're stirring up any little dust storm, that dust could land on any band or audio gear before it's put away.

BombaySapphire3 05-05-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266757)
When I just joined this forum, I posted Stevie's 1991 Whole Lotta Trouble Tour backstage demands. They were quite ridiculous but the funny part is she had lots of very expensive alcohol bottles but PLASTIC CUPS. I will have to find it and post it again.


Edit: Found it. No leaf blowers EVER!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/stevie-nicks-rider

Anyone remember the story of her being backstage and eyeing and then devouring an entire chocolate pie at once? It was hilarious.

Macfan4life 05-05-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1266759)
Anyone remember the story of her being backstage and eyeing and then devouring an entire chocolate pie at once? It was hilarious.

Yes I remember that story from the Wild Heart tour thread. Stevie had not eaten in awhile because of her and Joe's coke binge and there was a giant chocolate cream pie that she picked up and started eating with a fork.

And don't forget the infamous pineapple throwing incident in Rhode Island. The audio was released on youtube and there was a ton of shouting at the show that Stevie kept addressing the audience and stating she had never seen an audience like this before.

jmn3 05-05-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266757)
When I just joined this forum, I posted Stevie's 1991 Whole Lotta Trouble Tour backstage demands. They were quite ridiculous but the funny part is she had lots of very expensive alcohol bottles but PLASTIC CUPS. I will have to find it and post it again.


Edit: Found it. No leaf blowers EVER!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/stevie-nicks-rider

Oh man, underlined, surrounded by THREE asterisks. That's like BOLD, ITALICIZED, UNDERLINED, 25 POINT FONT in the pre-computer era!

jbrownsjr 05-05-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266747)

Sounds about right.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved