The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   For What It’s Worth (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59677)

BLY 09-21-2022 07:02 PM

For What It’s Worth

So Stevie recorded For What It’s Worth by Stephen Stills that is due out this Friday?

The singer took to her Instagram to announce the upcoming release of a new single with a handwritten letter, which read, "I am so excited to release my new song this Friday. It's called 'For What It's Worth' and it was written by Stephen Stills in 1966. It meant something to me then, and it means something to me now."

She continued, "I always wanted to interpret it through the eyes of a woman – and it seems like today, in the times we live in, that it has a lot to say… I can't wait for you to hear it."

Nicks completed the note with her signature.

sleepless child 09-22-2022 11:12 AM

I'm looking forward to hearing it. I saw that you can listen today on iheartradio. But I don't think it has been played yet. I haven't heard any time for it to be played.

tothegypsy 09-22-2022 11:01 PM

https://youtu.be/eIuPt80JHCw

BombaySapphire3 09-23-2022 12:38 AM

Wow kind of surprised ..everything about this song works. Maybe she should have done an entire album with this theme.

mitzo 09-23-2022 05:44 AM

Well done. She still sounds good in the studio. Why the hell she does not record at this stage is a mystery.

BLY 09-23-2022 06:01 AM

Sounds real good. I like that she uses her voice for the harmonies and back vocals.

blinker12 09-23-2022 06:04 AM

Aw that sounded just fantastic! I feel like it has a very Buckingham Nicks sound, down to the vocal harmonies and crunchy guitars.

This solves the mystery of what she was working on with Greg Kurstin, a collaboration she teased a couple years ago in a video. I’d been hoping for a new album… and still am!

UnwindedDreams 09-23-2022 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1277873)
Aw that sounded just fantastic! I feel like it has a very Buckingham Nicks sound, down to the vocal harmonies and crunchy guitars.

This solves the mystery of what she was working on with Greg Kurstin, a collaboration she teased a couple years ago in a video. I’d been hoping for a new album… and still am!

She recorded two other songs with Greg Kurstin. This song was recorded in May of 2022.

This is a cute cover. Is the key of this song lower than The Buffalo Springfield's version?

Is Sharon or Marilyn singing on the chorus?

On Ice 09-23-2022 08:30 AM

I agree with Blinker, a very B-N sound, which, is a really good thing because it works so well for her. Nice use of her voice in the background and the softening at the end, it's fantastic. Perhaps an album of covers is in the cards for her?

jbrownsjr 09-23-2022 08:32 AM

Ok, I think this is the best she has sounded in a long time. I won't be putting this version in my library. But the production of this tune is a good direction for her.

sleepless child 09-23-2022 08:44 AM

The snippet I heard yesterday I wasn't thrilled with, but I knew I had to listen to the whole thing to get a better review of it. It's fantastic. First it's a great song and I love Waddy's guitar. I think vocally it's really strong. I keep playing it over and over. I love it.

vivfox 09-23-2022 09:51 AM

I feel the studio version is much better than the live version but for the first time ever I feel the song is much too long. I only listened to in once but on that listen it seemed as if it could end but then keeps going on and on. It's almost 5 minutes. I know Stevie does not like to hear that from any fan or any producer but a shortening edit might have worked better here.

sue 09-23-2022 11:02 AM

Nice hippy era song and she does it really well.
Uses her current voice so good, maybe she lost her voice coach !

It does have a B/N sound to it.
if the record gets a good response maybe she’ll record some more….hopefully

Jondalar 09-23-2022 11:34 AM

This is actually a good remake. Her voice is listenable and it's great harmonies. She actually did a good job with this.

Why is it when she remakes mens songs, they work.
I like her Free Falling and Crash better than the originals and this is really good too, although not quite as good as the original.

BLY 09-23-2022 06:17 PM

Is this available to buy anywhere? Amazon says not available on this app?