The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Exciting announcement coming? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59675)

Macfan4life 09-19-2022 04:41 PM

Exciting announcement coming?

Chritine McVie just tweeted..
"Stay tuned for an exciting announcement!"

What could that mean? :blob1::blob2::]

Please dont let it be a crummy commerical

bwboy 09-19-2022 04:57 PM

1) A follow up to Songbird, featuring more of Christine’s top ten hit?

2) Stevie’s Rhiannon movie with Harry Styles is finally starting production?

3) Lindsey is rejoining FM for a worldwide tour?

Macfan4life 09-19-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1277786)
1) A follow up to Songbird, featuring more of Christine’s top ten hit?

2) Stevie’s Rhiannon movie with Harry Styles is finally starting production?

3) Lindsey is rejoining FM for a worldwide tour?

Or maybe we are getting a second video from the album Songbird :eek:

jbrownsjr 09-19-2022 06:08 PM

She's going to re-re-mix the songs and put out a new running order with a tour to follow. :D

SteveMacD 09-19-2022 07:08 PM

1) Another repackaging of Rumours.

2) Full album of orchestral remakes of her classic Fleetwood Mac songs with original vocals.

3) 2018 live album/DVD.

UnwindedDreams 09-19-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1277790)
1) Another repackaging of Rumours.

2) Full album of orchestral remakes of her classic Fleetwood Mac songs with original vocals.

3) 2018 live album/DVD.

I'd love #3 just to hear the professional audio of Mike's playing with John's and to have the new band member versions of classic FM songs professionally released. But it is about 4 years since the tour, and I think there's a better chance of Stevie playing "Show Them The Way" live than a 2018 tour live album + DVD.

2014 would've been perfect for them to release an album and dvd, being 10 years from Live in Boston, but they let that go.

I think #2 will be it.

aleuzzi 09-19-2022 07:49 PM

The exciting announcement could be:

1. She is going to do a YouTube appreciation video for the new season of Narcos.

2. Stevie has promised to stop doing an insulting imitation of Christine’s Brummie accent.

3. The remaining Mac members are now open to play at a bar mitzvah near you.

….

Honestly, whatever it is, I just don’t want to get my hopes up. I have a sinking suspicion it’s underwhelming.

Macfan4life 09-20-2022 04:17 AM

I don't know if she is giving a clue or not but the statement was given along with a photo of the Rumours back cover and asking what ever happened to her Rumours dress. So maybe another repackaging of Rumours?

jbrownsjr 09-20-2022 07:28 AM

I know they are doing something with the Dance. HD version.

vivfox 09-20-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1277794)
I don't know if she is giving a clue or not but the statement was given along with a photo of the Rumours back cover and asking what ever happened to her Rumours dress. So maybe another repackaging of Rumours?

Yes I read on Facebook there is another repackage being released this November that contains the 1975 - Tango albums all in ONE CD/Album
package. If that is what she's excited about, there is nothing new inside.:laugh:

jbrownsjr 09-20-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1277800)
Yes I read on Facebook there is another repackage being released this November that contains the 1975 - Tango albums all in ONE CD/Album
package. If that is what she's excited about, there is nothing new inside.:laugh:

Is it just the albums? Or any bonus material?

vivfox 09-20-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1277802)
Is it just the albums? Or any bonus material?

Nothing new included. It's not the original albums though. They are the expanded releases all packaged together.

BigAl84 09-20-2022 02:25 PM

For Record Store Day this year they are packaging all of the prior released "Alternate" albums into one box set. Alternate Rumours, Alternate Tusk etc...

However, that was already announced about a week ago...so I'm not sure what suspense Christine has in her back pocket.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/15633

BLY 09-20-2022 05:22 PM

A 25 anniversary DANCE box set with extras makes the most sense.

Netter75 09-21-2022 05:32 PM

It would be great it they re-released the show on blu ray, or had a CD with all the songs from the video + some of the tour songs (Oh Daddy, Second Hand News, Stand Back, etc.)

What I would DIE for is any of the rehersal songs. I thought I remembered reading that The Dance was supposed to be an MTV unplugged at one point, which is why Say You Love Me, Big Love, and Go Insane are in stripped down versions. IIRC Brown Eyes, Twisted, and Little Lies were on that original list. If those recordings exist (or acoustic versions of ther songs they did perform) I would be ecstatic.