The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Lindsey really a member here? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7414)

sulamith 10-03-2002 10:37 AM

Is Lindsey really a member here?

OK, so what's this member profile for Lindsey?
Birthday: Oct 3, 1949?
California?
Musician?
I saw it on the "today's birthdays" thingie at the top of the opening page and clicked on it.
It's a joke right?

Les 10-03-2002 10:42 AM

Considering he's never posted...I guess we can't really know... ;)

CarneVaca 10-03-2002 11:26 AM

Are you serious? You think that really is Lindsey?

In that case, Lindsey, if you read this, sorry I didn't believe it was you when you sent me that PM yesterday. Thanks for the support. Oh, and thanks for the slogan.

RESCIND THE STRIKE!!!

BellaDonnaGypsy 10-03-2002 02:21 PM

What would you do if he actually did send you a PM now, LMAO?!

Laura.

David 10-03-2002 02:26 PM

I believe Lindsey does post here but does so under a pseudonym!

BellaDonnaGypsy 10-03-2002 02:27 PM

I knew it! It's you, David, isn't it? David is Lindsey, and Lindsey is David, and I am... hmm, good question... who am I?

Laura.

Mac Fan 10-03-2002 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by David
I believe Lindsey does post here but does so under a pseudonym!
a what?

sodascouts 10-03-2002 05:35 PM

I hope not!

"Pseudonym" means a fake name, an alias.

I hope for his sake Lindsey doesn't read these. I think his ego is too fragile to take some of the stuff posted on this! I know mine would be!

Not to mention, if I were to guess, I'd say that Lindsey doesn't really get into the internet like Mick. He probably expends all his technological gray matter on studio stuff and leaves the internet to the kids and Kristen, who know what to do with it! I know my dad, who is a chemical engineer and born in '42, hates the internet, yet he's very up to date on technology in his field. Of course I don't know this, but I'd imagine Lindsey is probably the same way.

And even though Stevie has an official website, I'd guess she probably wouldn't do much surfing either. The woman still clings to LPs, I doubt she's up on MP3s! lol

Anyway, anyone who thinks Lindsey might see this, don't let this inhibit you from posting your true feelings about him or any other member of the band (admit it, some of you hold back for that reason!) I seriously doubt it's true.

sulamith 10-03-2002 05:52 PM

That's exactly why I figured it was just someone's way of being cute.

I haven't checked, but I bet there is a profile for each of the band members!

Street_Dreamer 10-03-2002 08:56 PM

It was probably made by the mods so that people would actually KNOW when who's birthday would be. *sigh* *shakes head*

Matt

Skylark 10-03-2002 09:34 PM

Lindsey Is a Member...

:wavey: Happy Birthday Dear Lindsey!!!:woohoo:
Remember when someone faked a Lindsey post
a couple years ago and we all got excited! :eek:
We decided it was fun and went along with it!:D
He wrote me too...ha ha ha!!!! It was a fun friend!;)
Dream on!!! He was trying to give me a large buzz!
Well folks...it worked! I Adore The Talented Guy!Sky:)

post script::::::::::
:blob2: Oh, now we know...it was DAVID DARLING!:blob2:

Les 10-03-2002 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Street_Dreamer
It was probably made by the mods so that people would actually KNOW when who's birthday would be.
Nope. Not Lindsey, I presume, but not any of us either. T'would appear to be the product of an anonymous Ledgie's sense of humor.

EnchantedStorms 10-03-2002 09:55 PM

I noticed that sometime back when I was checking out the calender. His name isn't in the regular member's list, though. Thought that was strange. (Or at least it wasn't when I first saw it. Could be now, lol.:shrug: :D ) Anyway...I doubt it's him. :p

~~Angela~~:wavey:

Bella Figura 10-04-2002 10:59 AM

with all the arguing, outrageous opinions and just plain ole shananingans we have here on the Ledge that if any FM member is actually a Ledgie, they would never admit it!! :laugh:

sulamith 10-04-2002 11:02 AM

Well, I think CarneVaca is actually Mick........think about it!

What a scream that would be! LMAO!!!!!