The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bella Donna: Side 1 or Side 2? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59224)

Villavic 04-17-2021 09:24 PM

Bella Donna: Side 1 or Side 2?

Choose your favorite side

Side 1
1. "Bella Donna"
2. "Kind of Woman"
3. "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
4. "Think About It"
5. "After the Glitter Fades"

Side 2
6. "Edge of Seventeen"
7. "How Still My Love"
8. "Leather and Lace"
9. "Outside the Rain"
10. "The Highwayman"

Was the original album blue?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...nt_2_1200x.png

bombaysaffires 04-18-2021 12:15 AM

no it was not blue vinyl

HomerMcvie 04-18-2021 01:22 AM

This one is impossible, as the old goat made the PERFECT album. Even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in a while...:lol:

I WANT to pick side one, but it's so close, that I can't.

On Ice 04-18-2021 02:23 PM

I'll pick side two- Edge of Seventeen alone is worth the price of admission, easily her best solo song. The running order is superb, How Still My Love into Leather and Lace. Add Sleeping Angel in place of the Highwayman and it's pure perfection, not that I don't like Highwayman, but Sleeping Angel is a better song.

Jondalar 04-18-2021 06:40 PM

Both sides are great but I voted for side 2 because it’s more atmospheric

In Your Dreams 04-18-2021 06:52 PM

Everything on side 2 beats its counterpart on side 1 for me; some be minuscule proportions.

Edge of Seventeen > Bella Donna
How Still My Love. > Kind of Women
Leather and Lace > Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Outside The Rain > Think About It
The Highwayman > After the Glitter Fades

It’s a clean sweep for me but both sides are great.

FuzzyPlum 04-19-2021 12:44 AM

Its tough...but side 1

aleuzzi 04-19-2021 09:28 PM

Both sides feel equal. Each has its heights and its comparative filler. Both are strong. But I couldn’t live without “How Still My Love,” so side 2 wins.

HomerMcvie 04-19-2021 10:11 PM

And The Highwayman is one of my favorite songs on it, to you country haters!:mad:

With Don MF Felder from The Eagles on guitar!!!

bombaysaffires 04-20-2021 07:29 PM

Love the title track and really like Kind of Woman...and really never been a big fan of L&L.
Still, side 2 by the slimmest of margins for me (today). Tomorrow it very likely could tip the other way.

jbrownsjr 04-21-2021 12:29 PM

So hard, this album is fantastic.

Side 1. Bella Donna is perfection.

BombaySapphire3 04-21-2021 01:20 PM

I'm in the "perfect album" camp. I have to go with side 2 because of Edge the equal of any of her Fleetwood Mac songs IMO. I still remember hearing it on the radio for the first time as a teenager right before I went to go buy Bella Donna on the day it was released .Never before or since has a song so totally blown me away upon first listen.

Macfan4life 04-23-2021 07:31 AM

This is probably the hardest pick of all these album side polls because like many have said, this is a perfect album with no filler. The title track inspires me every time I hear it. Think About it is such an uplifting song (rare from Stevie). But I would probably have to go with Side 2. Edge of 17 is epic and How Still My Love and Outside the Rain are my all time favorites. The Highwayman is not a favorite but I love a story telling Stevie and the chorus is amazing. I also have imagery in my head with the song about long distance traveling and heartbreak. But for some reason, I should like the song more. Its pretty much an Eagles song and the lyrics are incredible. Written when Stevie was almost at her peak of writing in 1975. Its a deep song inspired by the Eagles on the road and specifically Don Henley as the inspiration.

FuzzyPlum 04-23-2021 01:00 PM

I voted side 1. But...

Though I adore the song Belladonna, I'm finding myself increasingly irritated by Waddy's guitar licks on this song. For so many years his little note-bend flourishes were so good on this song. They were one of the things that made it what it was. Recently though, I've started to find those little flourishes increasingly irritating.... I now hate them. Perhaps I'm being irrational. I can still appreciate this as a great song, nevertheless. I just hate that sound.

HomerMcvie 04-23-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1266468)
I voted side 1. But...

Though I adore the song Belladonna, I'm finding myself increasingly irritated by Waddy's guitar licks on this song. For so many years his little note-bend flourishes were so good on this song. They were one of the things that made it what it was. Recently though, I've started to find those little flourishes increasingly irritating.... I now hate them. Perhaps I'm being irrational. I can still appreciate this as a great song, nevertheless. I just hate that sound.

Somewhat related - in the top ten thread in Chit Chat, I mentioned this David Nail guy, that I was ADDICTED to his first CD. I literally had it in my CD player for about 4 years without taking it out.

One bored day, after years of listening to it, I FINALLY bothered to read the liner notes. Guess who the guitar player was on it????

WADDY!!!! I sh*t you not! No wonder I became easily addicted to the album, it was a sound I've spent my life listening to!