The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LouderSound: Tango In the Night Article (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59235)

UnwindedDreams 05-01-2021 02:37 PM

LouderSound: Tango In the Night Article

https://www.loudersound.com/features...o-in-the-night

Macfan4life 05-01-2021 03:08 PM

Thanks for posting. Very interesting yet odd article. Most of it is rehashed old interviews word for word. i.e. Stevie chasing Lindsey through Christine's "maze like house" Although to be fair, the beginning says this is from a 2013 tour when they were together because in the end Micks says ...they are not in love but they love eachother. LOL Not anymore!!!

This just makes me want a Lindsey book so much. Doing more coke during Tango than Rumours. OMG. Lindsey brought an RV for them to hang because he did not want them in his house. Only one of Stevie's Tango songs was recorded before rehab, correct? Is Mick implying that Stevie did coke with him after rehab? If she was only there for 2 weeks and did more blow than the recording of Rumours, thats a ton of blow!

Lindsey appreciates Tango but I agree with this sediment that its way too safe. Its more than just predictable, its too programmed. Everywhere is almost robotic. Just imagine a little zest with real instruments how it is done on stage. That would have been so good and probably would have been a bigger hit. It also is interesting Lindsey admitting how jealous he was of Stevie's solo career. We knew that but we get sort of an admission here.

Wonder why this old interview is making for a new article. Thanks for posting!

UnwindedDreams 05-01-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266667)
Thanks for posting. Very interesting yet odd article. Most of it is rehashed old interviews word for word. i.e. Stevie chasing Lindsey through Christine's "maze like house" Although to be fair, the beginning says this is from a 2013 tour when they were together because in the end Micks says ...they are not in love but they love eachother.

Has Mick or John ever made a comment about the 1980 show where Lindsey threw a guitar at and kicked Stevie.

There's a quote from Stevie on that in here but I've never seen one from Mick or John.

HomerMcvie 05-01-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266668)
Has Mick or John ever made a comment about the 1980 show where Lindsey threw a guitar at and kicked Stevie.

There's a quote from Stevie on that in here but I've never seen one from Mick or John.

Mick talks about the kicking incident in his first book.

UnwindedDreams 05-01-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266669)
Mick talks about the kicking incident in his first book.

I'll get the book then. I didn't want to read that book because he wrote it with Stephen Davis, who did the worst job with his Stevie biography.

Wonder why Mick didn't take Lindsey out back to dance.

Macfan4life 05-01-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Besides Mick's book, the band re-visited this incident when the band went to New Zealand for the On With The Show tour. It was brought up those 5 had not played there since the infamous 1980 incident. In a nutshell, Lindsey kicked Stevie in the shins and the band stopped playing and chased Lindsey to the dressing room. It was a race to see who could get there first. Christine got there first and gave the first smack. They all threatened him that he would never do anything like that again.

HomerMcvie 05-01-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266670)

Wonder why Mick didn't take Lindsey out back to dance.

I think they're both a couple of dandies... it's difficult to imagine either one of them in a fight.:lol:

David 05-02-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Mick appeared on The Inside Track with Graham Nash in the early 90s and talked about it more. It may surprise you how different the anecdote is from later tellings. (Lindsey has never addressed the specifics of the incident, but even Stevie has botched the telling, obviously influenced by fifth-generation press clippings when she says that Lindsey threw a Les Paul at her in 1980 — he wasn’t playing a Les Paul in 1980, but somebody else must have said that he threw a Les Paul at her so now that’s what she says. This entire story is encrusted by layers of personal anecdotage.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHO7rA0wvU4