The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Don’t Stop (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59960)

hs421139 06-13-2023 05:17 PM

Don’t Stop

https://youtu.be/hjjjnll9Wd0
2000 person choir singing Don’t Stop
We packed Southam Hall at the National Arts Centre for our
new show, "DREAMS" - An EPIC Fleetwood Mac Sing-Along.
It was an incredible night singing some of their very best and many more,
culminating in a beautiful performance of Mac's classic feel good anthem, "Don't Stop".
Put some headphones on and sing along with us!

RIP, Christine McVie. We dedicate this to her, the indelible songbird,
who wrote some of the greatest songs ever. XO

We are BACK at the NAC in Ottawa on July 15th, 2023 with...
"We Will CHOIR! You: An EPIC Queen Sing-Along!
Tix available here:
https://nac-cna.ca/en/event/34035
C! you there...

Much Love,
DaBu

BLY 06-13-2023 05:50 PM

Don’t Stop is definitely one of the most played songs by Fleetwood Mac but still one of the best! Great tribute!

dougl 06-13-2023 08:23 PM

So fun and poignant, thank you.

jbrownsjr 06-14-2023 07:00 AM

I hear Don't Stop as much as Everywhere and GYOW.

HomerMcvie 06-14-2023 10:44 AM

Da Googlez says that Little Lies is the most played FM song. Followed by Dreams, GYOW, Everywhere, and Don't Stop at #5.

jbrownsjr 06-14-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1285236)
Da Googlez says that Little Lies is the most played FM song. Followed by Dreams, GYOW, Everywhere, and Don't Stop at #5.

I thought it read, "Dr. Googles". haha

Macfan4life 06-14-2023 11:27 AM

Don't Stop has an interesting history on stage. It was not in the set on the Rumours tour. It was added for several shows on the last leg. Oh Daddy, YMLF, and Songbird were Chris's songs on the tour. I suppose it being a late single it was not rehearsed in the tour rehearsals. It was really showcased on the Tusk tour where it was very early in the set. It also held an early spot on the Mirage tour. During Chris's solo tour, she made Don't Stop a closer which worked really well. It also was a closer on the Tango, BTM, and Farewell tours. In 1992 it became a political anthem and had new life. It worked into the Dance several years later quite nice with a brass section for their video concert. When Chris left, IMHO Fleetwood Mac concerts seemed empty without Dont Stop and Chris. Dont Stop was the song that reintroduced Chris back with the band on stage in Ireland. Its such a positive anthem similar to Don't Stop Believing with Journey. I love everything about the song. Chris's shuffle made the song but the production with Lindsey gave it that sweetness that took the song to another level.

jbrownsjr 06-14-2023 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1285239)
Don't Stop has an interesting history on stage. It was not in the set on the Rumours tour. It was added for several shows on the last leg. Oh Daddy, YMLF, and Songbird were Chris's songs on the tour. I suppose it being a late single it was not rehearsed in the tour rehearsals. It was really showcased on the Tusk tour where it was very early in the set. It also held an early spot on the Mirage tour. During Chris's solo tour, she made Don't Stop a closer which worked really well. It also was a closer on the Tango, BTM, and Farewell tours. In 1992 it became a political anthem and had new life. It worked into the Dance several years later quite nice with a brass section for their video concert. When Chris left, IMHO Fleetwood Mac concerts seemed empty without Dont Stop and Chris. Dont Stop was the song that reintroduced Chris back with the band on stage in Ireland. Its such a positive anthem similar to Don't Stop Believing with Journey. I love everything about the song. Chris's shuffle made the song but the production with Lindsey gave it that sweetness that took the song to another level.

I didn't like this song for a long time. Now, I appreciate it like you do. It has quite the history! I loved her version on the 1984 tour. She covered it really well. Also, it's one of the songs that I don't want to hear Stevie on.
It's pure BuckVie.

bombaysaffires 06-14-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Don't Stop makes so much sense as a rousing closer and I wonder if that's the song she would have preferred to close FM shows. She always said she wanted something upbeat but it was the rest of the band that wanted Songbird.

BLY 06-14-2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1285234)
I hear Don't Stop as much as Everywhere and GYOW.

I haven’t heard Everywhere on the radio since the 80’s. I only hear it on TV commercials. 😎👍

jbrownsjr 06-14-2023 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1285247)
I haven’t heard Everywhere on the radio since the 80’s. I only hear it on TV commercials. 😎👍

Wow, I hear it all the time in stores, Sirius, and of course TV.

SteveMacD 06-14-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1285245)
Don't Stop makes so much sense as a rousing closer and I wonder if that's the song she would have preferred to close FM shows. She always said she wanted something upbeat but it was the rest of the band that wanted Songbird.

She kind of got her wish. That ended up being the last song Fleetwood Mac ever played.

SteveMacD 06-14-2023 02:00 PM

Quote:

When Chris left, IMHO Fleetwood Mac concerts seemed empty without Dont Stop and Chris.

They still played it, but Stevie butchered the lyrics. Christine was definitely missed.

BLY 06-14-2023 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1285251)
Wow, I hear it all the time in stores, Sirius, and of course TV.

I meant “traditional radio”

Macfan4life 06-14-2023 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1285253)
They still played it, but Stevie butchered the lyrics. Christine was definitely missed.

OMG. The Unleashed tour version does not count.