The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Neil Finn buys house in LA (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58893)

bombaysaffires 03-26-2020 08:40 PM

Neil Finn buys house in LA

Well Looks like Neil expects to be doing *something* in and around LA for a while

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-finn-house/

HomerMcvie 03-26-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1257017)
Well Looks like Neil expects to be doing *something* in and around LA for a while

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-finn-house/

Well, I wouldn't want Lindsey to go back after this sh*t show, so it may has well be him as anyone.:rolleyes:

That's some damned FUGLY wall paper behind the bar, and in the dining room! Makes me think of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds!

SteveMacD 03-27-2020 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1257018)
Well, I wouldn't want Lindsey to go back after this sh*t show, so it may has well be him as anyone.:rolleyes:

This could be just as much about Crowded House as Fleetwood Mac. Liam lives in L.A. as does Mitchell Froom, both currently in Crowded House. I think Fleetwood Mac was a factor, but not THE factor.

BLY 03-27-2020 11:33 AM

I think we have seen the last of Fleetwood Mac.....sad to say

bombaysaffires 03-27-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1257020)
This could be just as much about Crowded House as Fleetwood Mac. Liam lives in L.A. as does Mitchell Froom, both currently in Crowded House. I think Fleetwood Mac was a factor, but not THE factor.

Clearly touring with FM pays off handsomely.

HomerMcvie 03-27-2020 12:56 PM

The Googles say he's worth 30 million. I'm sure he didn't get most of that in the past couple of years.

Storms123 03-27-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1257028)
The Googles say he's worth 30 million. I'm sure he didn't get most of that in the past couple of years.

Agreed Homer.. Article also says he had a house in LA already so seems like this one is a bit of an upgrade for him. Not only does FM pay more handsomely, but I suspect makes one a bit more relevant. Maybe he's hoping for/planning more work. Not with FM--I do agree, they are DONE

elle 03-27-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1257027)
Clearly touring with FM pays off handsomely.

lol or maybe not? we were just talking in another chat how he could apparently only afford a "measly" 4M house, not one of Kristen Buckingham's 20M ones.

guess FM doesn't pay their contractors that much. ;)

elle 03-27-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1257033)
Agreed Homer.. Article also says he had a house in LA already so seems like this one is a bit of an upgrade for him. Not only does FM pay more handsomely, but I suspect makes one a bit more relevant. Maybe he's hoping for/planning more work. Not with FM--I do agree, they are DONE

yup, he used his newly-found Mac-related "visibility" to stand up a new version of Crowded House. they were supposed to tour same venues and headlining same festivals Mac did last summer in Europe this summer. of course a lot of that may end up getting cancelled now.

elle 03-27-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1257020)

yup, right in Lindsey's neighborhood.

they may end up all bumping into each other on their social distancing hikes around the neighborhood.

HomerMcvie 03-27-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1257034)
lol or maybe not? we were just talking in another chat how he could apparently only afford a "measly" 4M house, not one of Kristen Buckingham's 20M ones.

guess FM doesn't pay their contractors that much. ;)

I was thinking the same. A 4M house in LA isn't that much money.

bombaysaffires 03-27-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1257036)
yup, right in Lindsey's neighborhood.

they may end up all bumping into each other on their social distancing hikes around the neighborhood.

there's a difference between Los Feliz and Brentwood.......:sorry:

elle 03-27-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1257038)
there's a difference between Los Feliz and Brentwood.......:sorry:

Mitchell Froom lives in Brentwood, i think?

bombaysaffires 03-28-2020 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1257040)
Mitchell Froom lives in Brentwood, i think?

He might. :shrug:

Neil seemed to find more bang for his buck elsewhere.

I seem to recall either LB or Trent Reznor mentioning they were in the same neighborhood. And didn't KB mention crossing paths with John's wife Julie as they were also close by?

elle 03-28-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1257041)
He might. :shrug:

Neil seemed to find more bang for his buck elsewhere.

I seem to recall either LB or Trent Reznor mentioning they were in the same neighborhood. And didn't KB mention crossing paths with John's wife Julie as they were also close by?

i don't remember about Trent, i do remember Lindsey saying that Mitchell Froom is his neighbor.

and yes, John is LB's neighbor too.

i couldn't care less where and what Neil is buying. but if Neil is coming to work in Froom's studio, that is in the same neighborhood as LB.