The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey interview;Stevie and Azoff finally speak (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59328)

sue 09-11-2021 02:15 AM

…woke up at 5am and couldn’t get back to sleep.
I know I’ll read The Ledge for awhile, so I’ve just read almost 2 days worth of fun and laughter. And good informed stuff too. I just love the what’s written on here.

Keep it up guys, me I’m ready to go back to sleep now….Big thanks.Zzzzzz.

vivfox 09-11-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269477)
Psychotic behavior. I once cried for 4 hours on the phone to a Miami University (in Ohio) psychologist who was writing some thesis on soaps and she sought me out due to my posts on Prodigy. I was terribly upset about the way Frisco Jones was written off of General Hospital. :laugh:

Well this is very revealing and so unlike the way I pictured you but I appreciate your honesty. To me you seemed like a person who is stoic and always keeps her cool and is in total control of her emotions.
In the mid 1990's during the endless OJ Simpson televised trial I once called ABC TV in NYC and filled their answering machine with a three minute rant about the trial pre-empting my ABC soaps on a regular basis, because those shows didn't have repeats, and I felt we can watch the news for the OJ updates. I probably made that same phone call 3 different times and felt great satisfaction when I watched the news one evening and the newscaster said fans from all over America were calling ABC in NY & LA complaining about the same thing I was.

HomerMcvie 09-11-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1269496)
Well this is very revealing and so unlike the way I pictured you but I appreciate your honesty. To me you seemed like a person who is stoic and always keeps her cool and is in total control of her emotions.
In the mid 1990's during the endless OJ Simpson televised trial I once called ABC TV in NYC and filled their answering machine with a three minute rant about the trial pre-empting my ABC soaps on a regular basis, because those shows didn't have repeats, and I felt we can watch the news for the OJ updates. I probably made that same phone call 3 different times and felt great satisfaction when I watched the news one evening and the newscaster said fans from all over America were calling ABC in NY & LA complaining about the same thing I was.

OMG, did you ever notice that they always interrupt The Price Is Right for any special report?

Pisses me off to no end. I stay in bed until it's time for TPIR, then get up and they force me to watch some stupid politician!:mad:

aleuzzi 09-11-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1269422)
Yes, they’re pretty cringe — entertaining but cringe. Not because of what he’s saying but the fact that he is dwelling on that business at all. He is on tour and a new album is about to get released. He should redirect entirely to those things. The best way to convey his disdain for Stevie or the Mac is to reply to every question about them with supreme detachment. “Stevie? I suppose all is well with her, but you’d need to ask Karen.” “Mick? Oh, he’s enjoying himself, I hear.” “The 2018 tour? I hear it was hugely profitable. Best of luck to the band!”

He has a chance of creating more tour buzz and digital sales by going low. Is that ethical or respectable? I think we know the answer. But, as far as American popular culture is concerned, those concepts sank like sad little ships some time ago

Plus there's this I wrote in the Lindsey forum:

By making this [Trump] analogy, Lindsey knows the only way back in to Fleetwood Mac is to climb down into the crevasse, take the plunge into potentially self-annihilating territory, to blow everything up and hope doing so allows him space to climb out and pick up the pieces. I think he has a BETTER chance of returning to the fold BECAUSE of the incendiary comments and his rattling Nicks and Azoff. I could be wrong. We'll see.

Meanwhile, John is on his boat or in his home and is sleeping like a baby regardless of how any of this turns out.

bombaysaffires 09-11-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269461)
I'm in the process of ~most likely~ moving, and I've reached the closet where all that memorabilia lives. I've got folders of every FM article I could ever clip. Posters. A Tusk tour book. I can never throw that sh*t away...

if you ever do sell/get rid of it.....you want a percentage, and I'm the fool paying the dues...

michelej1 09-11-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1269496)

I find I have fewer emotions than I did in 1987. I mean, I squealed when Christine joined them onstage in London, but since then things have been quite sedate. The girl is gone.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2021 12:58 PM

Oh my!! I remember Frisco!! haha

HomerMcvie 09-11-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1269502)
if you ever do sell/get rid of it.....you want a percentage, and I'm the fool paying the dues...

Even though I've been getting rid of TONS of stuff, I can't imagine ever getting rid of my FM stuff...my obsession with them in junior high and high school made me who I am.

cbBen 09-11-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anusha (Post 1269368)
I think that she might have found a way to push Lindsey out anyway.

Because–particularly after 1996–you needed Mick plus at least two of the Rumours songwriters to viably call it FM, Christine's rejoining gave Stevie the opportunity to push out Lindsey, which she may have wanted to do for some time (perhaps since the making of Say You Will).

She had to wait out Buckingham-McVie and then MusiCares to pull the trigger – at which point she did.

Macfan4life 09-11-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269509)
Even though I've been getting rid of TONS of stuff, I can't imagine ever getting rid of my FM stuff...my obsession with them in junior high and high school made me who I am.

I gave away and sold my stuff years ago. I had these extremely rare Mac and Stevie posters that I found at my parents house and sold them on Ebay just to get rid of them. Practically gave them away. One Stevie poster was so rare I never saw another one like it and was imported from England, a full live photo from the Tusk Tour. Had the original double sided Tusk poster and a 1976 original poster too.

HomerMcvie 09-11-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1269512)
I gave away and sold my stuff years ago. I had these extremely rare Mac and Stevie posters that I found at my parents house and sold them on Ebay just to get rid of them. Practically gave them away. One Stevie poster was so rare I never saw another one like it and was imported from England, a full live photo from the Tusk Tour. Had the original double sided Tusk poster and a 1976 original poster too.

Zero regrets?

Macfan4life 09-12-2021 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269513)
Zero regrets?

None. I had my shrine when I was an early teen. It was just taking up space and someone else can enjoy them. Funny thing is I threw most of it away but kept the posters because they were so rare.

michelej1 09-12-2021 03:05 PM

I lost almost all of my vinyl records and I do deeply regret that. Even though, I currently don’t even have a turntable.

HomerMcvie 09-12-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269537)
I lost almost all of my vinyl records and I do deeply regret that. Even though, I currently don’t even have a turntable.

I had White, Rumours, Tusk, and Bella Donna on 8 track. I truly regret giving them away.

I did find an 8 track Rumours in a thrift shop a couple years ago, and snagged it(and no, I don't have a player for them, I just like that they remind me of junior high school).

jbrownsjr 09-12-2021 04:31 PM

I had every album and solo albums (up to Tango)

I regret leaving them in Cleveland. :(