The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Sighting (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12060)

David 10-28-2003 11:33 AM

Lindsey Sighting

Last Friday night, Lindsey was over at Cornerstone recording studio helping to mix & overdub the upcoming Soundstage show on public television. Before Fleetwood goes to Europe, Lindsey is full speed ahead on the PBS project. He's in great spirits about Fleetwood Mac these days, & re-emphasized that it's "important to me to record with them again."

At Cornerstone, he was laying down what was described as a "somewhat strange-sounding acoustic guitar overdub" for "Go Your Own Way." He also talked to someone about having wanted to lay down some guitar tracks for Tyler Hilton's upcoming album on Maverick (www.tylerhilton.com/), but the tour preparations last spring sucked up his time.

sodascouts 10-28-2003 11:38 AM

Awesome! Although I don't think GYOW needed anyting extra added. :)

I so can't wait to see/hear this!!

face of glass 10-28-2003 11:42 AM

It's not gonna be all the songs he performed, so I hope that he has decided to take the redundant ones (read: the ones that we already have many versions of) out and left only the rare stuff. I hope outtakes will leak out though, if the whole thing doesn't go the way I want it. ;)

GardenStateGirlie 10-28-2003 11:49 AM

Thanks for the news, David!! I can't wait to see it!! :nod: Oh, and I do like Lindsey's re-emphasized words VERY much :D

Lisa 10-28-2003 12:46 PM

Thanks David :) Any word on when this will air?

-Lisa

Merf 10-28-2003 01:17 PM

Thanks for this info, David! I cannot wait to see the Soundstage performance. I've heard such amazing things from the people who saw it... I can barely wait!!

And to hear him say how important FM is to him... and how much he still wants to record with them again... that is just music to my ears. Good to hear that he is happy and in good spirits with lots of projects :)

seteca 10-29-2003 05:21 PM

Re: Lindsey Sighting

Quote:

Originally posted by David
At Cornerstone, he was laying down what was described as a "somewhat strange-sounding acoustic guitar overdub" for "Go Your Own Way."
Thanks a lot for all the info., David! Can't wait till this finally gets released! I'm particularly curious (now) about the acoustic overdub for GYOW.:nod:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Cammie 10-29-2003 06:27 PM

Cornerstone!!!

:wavey: David Darling...
:] THANKS A LOT!!!!! :]
Great to hear Lindsey is in
a good mood!:cool: When will
this air? Iam always the last
to know and miss it all!:( Sky

DownOnRodeo 10-29-2003 10:02 PM

Thanks for the cool info David - Great to hear how truly enthusiastic Lindsey is about the whole FM project - I can veritably smell a new studio CD! (cynics be damned :P )

Guys from what I've read in previous threads, the Soundstage thing will not be broadcast until sometime next year about March/April or something, going by previous timeframes between when a concert is recorded and when the polished product is broadcast. But with any luck we (or you US guys anyway) may get it earlier.

CarneVaca 10-30-2003 10:00 AM

I want to see this, but, man, what I really want is a CD of the thing.

Les 11-03-2003 02:19 PM

I'm terribly late to this, but thanks for the info Dave!

Vianna 11-07-2003 12:59 PM

Thanks, David!

I want a cd of this, too

BLY 11-12-2003 12:49 PM

I think this live cd will be the follow up to SYW next year. All those "new" songs that he did on this night that he either didnt do live on the SYW tour or didnt make the final SYW cut.