The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   27 yr old Vintage Rick Turner Model 1 For Sale (Right Handed) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31145)

Madness Fades 02-06-2007 11:14 AM

27 yr old Vintage Rick Turner Model 1 For Sale (Right Handed)

I have a beautiful vintage Model 1 guitar for sale It is currently on its way Rick Turner workshop.
This guitar is getting a full restoration and the full upgraded 2007 Electrics Pack.
Its 27 years old and a real original masterpiece. The Serial number is on it and Rick can verify it's authenticity.
I really cant start to imagine how rare this Guitar is.

It will be signed buy Rick Turner Himself.

The Guitar will be available in about 6 - 8 weeks.
If you are interested Let me know. All Reasonable offers considered.

shackin'up 02-06-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 641165)
I have a beautiful vintage Model 1 guitar for sale It is currently on its way Rick Turner workshop.
This guitar is getting a full restoration and the full upgraded 2007 Electrics Pack.
Its 27 years old and a real original masterpiece. The Serial number is on it and Rick can verify it's authenticity.
I really cant start to imagine how rare this Guitar is.

It will be signed buy Rick Turner Himself.

The Guitar will be available in about 6 - 8 weeks.
If you are interested Let me know. All Reasonable offers considered.

Pics please!...is it a real first generation one? Must be if it's so old...and why are you selling such a rare guitar?

Peestie 02-06-2007 11:45 AM

If I had the money I'd be in there like a shot... Sadly I think the price of this guitar alone would be AALLLLL the money I'll have for the full year, being a student an' all that lol. Any chance of pics anyway? Hope you get a good offer for it.

Madness Fades 02-06-2007 11:57 AM

Wells Lads

Yes it is a real vintage first generation. Not a lot of them floating around anymore. I was talking to Rick Turners workshop manager Barry Pearlman at the weekend. He says its a gem.

I have a few teaser Pic's for now. I release full pictures when i get it back from Rick.

http://i13.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/88/a3/deb0_12.JPG

http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/88/a3/dd60_12.JPG

Thats enough pics for now.
Sorry im so cruel. Buts it generates great interest

Sarah 02-06-2007 01:13 PM

oh lord. I wish.

I couldn't possibly afford it, but I would buy it in a moment if I could come up with some cash.

brb. I'm going to go see if I can sell my soul or something.

Madness Fades 02-06-2007 01:23 PM

I havent got it valued yet either, so im not sure how much to ask for it.
has anyone any rough ideas as to how much i could ask for it.
the fact that it is signed and an original vintage should also add to the value.

shackin'up 02-06-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 641230)
I havent got it valued yet either, so im not sure how much to ask for it.
has anyone any rough ideas as to how much i could ask for it.
the fact that it is signed and an original vintage should also add to the value.

I certainly have no idea, but if I could afford it I'd buy it in a sec, and I don't even play guitar!. After a trip to the states to see lindsey-live ofcourse.

But again, why are you selling? Did you buy it recently or are you the original owner?

edit: I checked your public profile, but that guitar is older than you!!! :lol:

Madness Fades 02-06-2007 04:29 PM

It was made the year I was born, it should have some real sentimental value.
I bought it thinking i could hold on to it for many years until irs really worth something. but its too much money tied up in something that is the wrong way round ( IM a BLOODY LEFTY OKAY).
Anyway im currently building a house, and I've got a few other bills to pay. I could sell it to ease the burden. But if it dosent sell for an acceptable amount. I will gladly hold on to it for another few years.

Im guessing roughly in the £200K - £250k bracket.
I Wish !!!!!!! it aint no 59' Les Paul Just yet.......................

shackin'up 02-06-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 641363)
It was made the year I was born, it should have some real sentimental value.
I bought it thinking i could hold on to it for many years until irs really worth something. but its too much money tied up in something that is the wrong way round ( IM a BLOODY LEFTY OKAY).
Anyway im currently building a house, and I've got a few other bills to pay. I could sell it to ease the burden. But if it dosent sell for an acceptable amount. I will gladly hold on to it for another few years.

Im guessing roughly in the £200K - £250k bracket.
I Wish !!!!!!! it aint no 59' Les Paul Just yet.......................

sorry, I forgot you were a lefty: I fully understand. I just don't understand the numbers you're talking about. What's the k? Can you put the dollarnumbers up?

chiliD 02-06-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 641373)
What's the k?

Thousand. 200-250,000.

Me thinks he asketh WAY too much. He'll be lucky...VERY lucky to get over $15,000. They haven't appreciated THAT much.

But, just looking a photos of the butt-side of the guitar doesn't inspire much interest, either. C'mon, Paul...quit the "tease" and put the photos where your wallet wants to be. :)

shackin'up 02-06-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 641376)
Thousand. 200-250,000.

I thought so, but couldn't believe it ....POUNDS? Isn't that....ridiculous?....a joke I'm totally missing?....or realistic?:eek:

If that is true, I reject my comment of buying it in an instant if I could afford it. I thought a new one was about 4.000 dollars.:shrug:

chiliD 02-06-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 641382)
I thought a new one was about 4.000 dollars.:shrug:

Depending on type of wood, type of finish, and other electronic bells & whistles, they're up to over $5,000 new, now. But, I've seen '59 Les Paul Sunbursts that are less than $35,000. A Turner Model 1 is one of the best guitars I've ever played, but even one of those original '79-81s aren't worth that much.

(sorry, Paul...I think you're price gouging like the oil companies on that one)

Madness Fades 02-06-2007 06:13 PM

Lads ur too funny

C'mon, i i know that you know im taking the piss.

i really dont expect much more than the cost of a new one.
anything over $5500 wolud be great.
but I really need to get it valued now you have me thinking.
I would have taken $5000 but maybe not now.
Who would know what its worth.

shackin'up 02-06-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness Fades (Post 641429)
Lads ur too funny

C'mon, i i know that you know im taking the piss.

i really dont expect much more than the cost of a new one.
anything over $5500 wolud be great.
but I really need to get it valued now you have me thinking.
I would have taken $5000 but maybe not now.
Who would know what its worth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

I was really in doubt Paul!
Don't take any word of mine serious in this case, I don't know sh*t about it.

chiliD 02-06-2007 07:08 PM

Well, hell, there's a ding right there at the neck horn. That's worth a $1,000 off. And, no back cover for the electronics? Drop it another $1,000 for that.

And, it makes me think, "What's wrong with the face of the guitar that he won't show it?" That right there is another $1,500 or 2,000 drop.

All-in-all, I'll give ya $100 for it...and YOU pay the shipping. :shocked:

:lol: