The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Shouldn't Lindsey post something about Christine's passing - WTF! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59754)

Jondalar 12-01-2022 02:38 PM

Shouldn't Lindsey post something about Christine's passing - WTF!

Why doesn't he post something about her passing? I really like Lindsey but this is rubbing me the wrong way.

Villavic 12-01-2022 03:15 PM

I don't understand either. I hope he is ok. Some believed his tuesday post was related to, but I don't think so, since it shows a young Lindsey picture. Doesn't make enough sense.

Each one faces their grief in a different way, so I won't judge. But it surprises me anyway.

Jondalar 12-01-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1279459)
I don't understand either. I hope he is ok. Some believed his tuesday post was related to, but I don't think so, since it shows a young Lindsey picture. Doesn't make enough sense.

Each one faces their grief in a different way, so I won't judge. But it surprises me anyway.

You know you are right. I bet there is something wrong with him to. He has had a lot of health problems and been near death.

You wqtch. Stevie and Mick, the two coke heads, will out live everyone.

SteveMacD 12-01-2022 04:20 PM

I’m also surprised we haven’t heard from John.

UnwindedDreams 12-01-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279472)
I’m also surprised we haven’t heard from John.

If John shares a written statement, I think it'll be shared to RollingStone. I have no recent memory of John in print press other than the RollingStone interview in 2018.

Karlie 12-01-2022 05:32 PM

When Brett passed, Lindsey posted about him a week later. He’s probably just taking time to process and figure out what to say. Everyone grieves on a different timeline. If we don’t see anything from him a week from now, then I’d be worried.

HomerMcvie 12-01-2022 05:55 PM

He just did.
Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.

Macfan4life 12-01-2022 05:57 PM

Seriously. No.
People grieve different ways. Making him run to twitter and typing words is insulting to think makes him care more. The people most devastated are usually silent at this time. Lindsey has had a horrific 2022. His tour was delayed because of Covid. Then it started and the whole band got Covid. Then it resumed and Brett passed. The band carried on with so many mysterious cancellations. As soon as his world tour ends Christine passes away. His marriage was on the rocks the year prior too. He does not need to tweet to justify to the world that he cares about Christine. Everyone knows the special bond they had.

UnwindedDreams 12-01-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279480)
For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.

That is really heartbreaking.

Thank you for sharing this, HM.

michelej1 12-01-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1279481)
Seriously. No.
People grieve different ways. Making him run to twitter and typing words is insulting to think makes him care more. The people most devastated are usually silent at this time. Lindsey has had a horrific 2022. His tour was delayed because of Covid. Then it started and the whole band got Covid. Then it resumed and Brett passed. The band carried on with so many mysterious cancellations. As soon as his world tour ends Christine passes away. His marriage was on the rocks the year prior too. He does not need to tweet to justify to the world that he cares about Christine. Everyone knows the special bond they had.

Yeah. I am glad Lindsey posted, but I most definitely don’t think John needs to say a single thing publicly. Not a thing.

tango87 12-01-2022 06:25 PM

It’s nothing to do with us how long it took him to find the right words to express his feelings. It’s a beautiful statement. You should probably delete this thread.

jbrownsjr 12-01-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

He just did.
Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.

It's not even that sentimental and it made me tear up. Very nice.

elle 12-01-2022 06:38 PM

Quote:

He just did.

wow, this is lightning fast for LB!

took a week for his words to become his social media posts after Brett's passing, similarly for Rick Turner. with his long standing tour manager becoming suddenly really sick too, this must have been a really hard year for LB. and i'm certain we don't even know the half of it.

both LB's daughters posted tributes / pics on their stories, and his wife shared LB's tribute.

and yes, John doesn't even have social media so i really don't get why would anyone expect him to post anything.

DownOnRodeo 12-01-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1279457)
Why doesn't he post something about her passing? I really like Lindsey but this is rubbing me the wrong way.

Lindsey is the polar opposite of Stevie. He takes time to internally process his thoughts and then speak just the right words (if at all...). Chris wouldn't expect anything less from him. That a message from him has been published this quickly is actually surprising to me.

jbrownsjr 12-01-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1279493)
wow, this is lightning fast for LB!

took a week for his words to become his social media posts after Brett's passing, similarly for Rick Turner. with his long standing tour manager becoming suddenly really sick too, this must have been a really hard year for LB. and i'm certain we don't even know the half of it.

both LB's daughters posted tributes / pics on their stories, and his wife shared LB's tribute.

and yes, John doesn't even have social media so i really don't get why would anyone expect him to post anything.

I also imagine John is devastated.