The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buckingham Nicks- Twisted: How Come I Didn't Know About This? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43532)

Musicman408 04-04-2010 10:04 AM

Buckingham Nicks- Twisted: How Come I Didn't Know About This?

Came across this about a week or so ago, and I ADORE it. I'd never been a huge fan of Twisted until this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHeaHPbcpo

It's freaking good- criminally overlooked. Any other gems like this floating around that I may not have heard of!! ha ha ha

Happy Easter,
Ethan

vivfox 04-04-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman408 (Post 881300)
Came across this about a week or so ago, and I ADORE it. I'd never been a huge fan of Twisted until this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHeaHPbcpo

What other version have you heard? This is the official released version. Too bad it wasn't a single. In the movie you can barely hear it in the background. Stevie and Lindsey should be performing this in concert. As Starshine would say, missed...oppurtunities...

CADreaming 04-04-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 881303)
What other version have you heard? This is the official released version. Too bad it wasn't a single. In the movie you can barely hear it in the background. Stevie and Lindsey should be performing this in concert. As Starshine would say, missed...oppurtunities...

Do you know what scene it's in? I've missed that...

vivfox 04-04-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 881306)
Do you know what scene it's in? I've missed that...

Naw, it's been too long since I've seen the movie.

skuncles 04-04-2010 06:25 PM

It's during the scene where he (or she) brings the divorce papers to be signed. They actually play quite a bit of the song.

CADreaming 04-04-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuncles (Post 881365)
It's during the scene where he (or she) brings the divorce papers to be signed. They actually play quite a bit of the song.

Ok, thanks. I must've zoned out or something. :D

SuiteShangriLa 04-04-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 881303)

prob the Enchanted box set version or the Stevie live versions which are just...yaaaaaaaaawn!

equeen102289 04-04-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 881371)
Ok, thanks. I must've zoned out or something. :D

Don't feel bad. I think I saw the movie 20 times before I realized Stevie was playing in that scene. It was so badly placed. No wonder Stevie says in enchanted that if you blinked, you missed it.

louielouie2000 04-04-2010 11:21 PM

I remember going to see the movie Twister, and not knowing about it being on the soundtrack. I was flipping out when the song came on... because it was soft and in the background, but I knew within a few moments it was Stevie. I totally couldn't tell who the male singer was because Lindsey sang his background parts in a very weird, low key. :laugh: :laugh: My back door neighbor girl unknowingly showed up at my house with the soundtrack a few days later, and it was promptly snatched from her possession for a couple of weeks! :laugh:

paleshadow 04-04-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 881404)
I remember going to see the movie Twister, and not knowing about it being on the soundtrack. I was flipping out when the song came on... because it was soft and in the background, but I knew within a few moments it was Stevie. I totally couldn't tell who the male singer was because Lindsey sang his background parts in a very weird, low key. :laugh: :laugh: My back door neighbor girl unknowingly showed up at my house with the soundtrack a few days later, and it was promptly snatched from her possession for a couple of weeks! :laugh:

My friends and I knew it was coming out so we drove to some no name record store for a midnight madness sale, just to get it as soon as it was released and listened to it on repeat the whole drive home! You have good ears, I don't think I would have heard it if I didn't know it was in the film.

APerfectLie 04-04-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa (Post 881395)
prob the Enchanted box set version or the Stevie live versions which are just...yaaaaaaaaawn!

I think this version is yaaaaaaawn compared to the one on Enchanted

CADreaming 04-05-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 881411)
I think this version is yaaaaaaawn compared to the one on Enchanted

I'm sorry - that song is just flat without LB.

nodmod 04-05-2010 07:28 AM

Thought it was a great return to form for Buckingham/Nicks and seem to heal the wounds that led to The Dance