The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Who Expects This Band To Carry On After This Week? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58782)

Steviegirl 02-29-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1256583)
Mike's actual quote re: FM and Stevie:

But...you know, she's real busy, she wants to do a film, about Rhiannon, she's got some tour dates, and...she wants to, you know, do that for a year, year and a half, so... everybody else can do other things for now.

I stand by my position that the motivating factor for Lindsey's firing was Stevie's chance to drag Mike Campbell around as
A. Some kind of ghoulish tribute to Tom Petty
B. An opportunity to hook Mike up with a financial windfall and chance to be a rock star again
C. Her chance to pretend to be the lead singer of The Heartbreakers
Since he made this evil pact, I hope he enjoys doing "other things for now," which translates to sitting around waiting to be a bit player in Stevie's life instead of the star of his own.

Sorry. Still not over it.

jbrownsjr 03-03-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1256654)
I stand by my position that the motivating factor for Lindsey's firing was Stevie's chance to drag Mike Campbell around as
A. Some kind of ghoulish tribute to Tom Petty
B. An opportunity to hook Mike up with a financial windfall and chance to be a rock star again
C. Her chance to pretend to be the lead singer of The Heartbreakers
Since he made this evil pact, I hope he enjoys doing "other things for now," which translates to sitting around waiting to be a bit player in Stevie's life instead of the star of his own.

Sorry. Still not over it.

Don't be sorry for being spot on. It was a power play, and Sleazy played it perfectly.

sleepless child 03-12-2020 04:59 PM

I just watched again, Lindsey's interview on CBS and he called it a "coup" So I wonder if it wasn't some sort of power play on Stevie's part to be in total charge of FM.

SteveMacD 03-15-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1256769)
I just watched again, Lindsey's interview on CBS and he called it a "coup" So I wonder if it wasn't some sort of power play on Stevie's part to be in total charge of FM.

Power play? It’s a rock band. The three who didn’t take 16 years off got kind if sick of dealing with him and there were other critically acclaimed artists available. We could debate a laundry list of factors ad nauseam for the millionth time, but it’s ultimately that simple.

Does it really need to be that complicated?

elle 03-16-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1256831)
Power play? It’s a rock band. The three who didn’t take 16 years off got kind if sick of dealing with him and there were other critically acclaimed artists available. We could debate a laundry list of factors ad nauseam for the millionth time, but it’s ultimately that simple.

Does it really need to be that complicated?

it is not complicated. it was Stevie's power play, regardless of how much you are trying to push the false pr narrative that it was "the whole band."

SteveMacD 03-16-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1256832)
it is not complicated. it was Stevie's power play, regardless of how much you are trying to push the false pr narrative that it was "the whole band."

Exactly my point. “Power play” and “false narrative”???

It’s a friggin’ rock band.

I’m sure they were getting advice from legal (especially to not let Stevie do any more interviews), but the conspiracy theories have been crazy.

BigAl84 03-17-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1256834)
Exactly my point. “Power play” and “false narrative”???

It’s a friggin’ rock band.

I’m sure they were getting advice from legal (especially to not let Stevie do any more interviews), but the conspiracy theories have been crazy.

Conspiracy theories? or do you mean circumstantial evidence that is pretty well documented in legal papers?

Storms123 03-18-2020 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1256842)
Conspiracy theories? or do you mean circumstantial evidence that is pretty well documented in legal papers?

Agreed--The legal papers were very descriptive, the band didn't refute or counter, furthermore, they settled out of court.
Even for as much time as passed, I find it funny that people (maybe the band included although I would have to think they expected it) didn't think LB WOULD sue them.

HomerMcvie 03-18-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1256847)
Agreed--The legal papers were very descriptive, the band didn't refute or counter, furthermore, they settled out of court.
Even for as much time as passed, I find it funny that people (maybe the band included although I would have to think they expected it) didn't think LB WOULD sue them.

He should have sued them. After 40 years, they fire him? They'd have been washed up has beens years ago, if it weren't for him.

Nicks Fan 03-18-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1256848)
He should have sued them. After 40 years, they fire him? They'd have been washed up has beens years ago, if it weren't for him.

They sure would. Tango was the record that gave them a comeback and also got Mick out of bankruptcy. If it were not for him and the many times he did them a solid they wouldn't be enjoying the success they have and continue to have.

You can hate him all you want but the facts are the facts. While others were not present for various reasons he kept this band together and relevant. He did the lions share of the work and never really got the credit he deserved.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1256853)
They sure would. Tango was the record that gave them a comeback and also got Mick out of bankruptcy. If it were not for him and the many times he did them a solid they wouldn't be enjoying the success they have and continue to have.

You can hate him all you want but the facts are the facts. While others were not present for various reasons he kept this band together and relevant. He did the lions share of the work and never really got the credit he deserved.

Don't hate him and you are absolutely right. He worked more than any of them. Christine worked and wrote, but after that... ehhhh

Sleazy cared more about her solo career, and Mick was a mess. And John lays down bass and goes home.

jwd 03-19-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1256853)

Yep. Absolutely. I'm probably guilty for not giving him the credit he deserved all these years. I've seen the light. I have more respect for him now than I ever have.

jbrownsjr 03-23-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1256879)
Yep. Absolutely. I'm probably guilty for not giving him the credit he deserved all these years. I've seen the light. I have more respect for him now than I ever have.

Same here. I was anti LB for a while. I was wrong.

vivfox 03-23-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1256935)

Not me. I was never anti LB. I have always respected him since I became a FM fan during the White Album years. I have also defended him this whole century from Chiffonheads who cut him down by reminding them Stevie and Lindsey were still good friend's. That no longer applies, but that also has no affect on my respect for him.

michelej1 03-23-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1256935)

Hmmm. This explains a lot.