The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54186)

teedeerocks 09-11-2014 02:13 AM

Lindsey

I know that we're all getting older but Lindsey has really aged since last year.He not only looks very aged but also very stressed.I hope he's ok.Anyone have any thoughts?

danker 09-11-2014 03:31 AM

Eh, he looks fine to me. Could use a haircut tho :p

But seriously, his kids are probably in their teens by now, so that might be something to consider. Nothing ages a person like their kids.

QueenStevie 09-11-2014 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedeerocks (Post 1142169)
I know that we're all getting older but Lindsey has really aged since last year.He not only looks very aged but also very stressed.I hope he's ok.Anyone have any thoughts?

Let's hope he doesn't have the dreaded disease AIDS! :eek:

elle 09-11-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedeerocks (Post 1142169)

Lol this thread has started weird and just went downhill from there.I can't help but wonder what have you all been smoking.

He looks great and exactly the same as last year, only with a bit more hair on the top of his head.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2014 08:04 AM

He actually looks better to me than last recent photos.

Danielle 09-11-2014 08:34 AM

I think Lindsey looks fine! (As he has most of the time.)

Danigirl 09-11-2014 09:25 AM

He is 65 years old, I think compared to the majority of men his age he can play guitar and perform like he is half his age.

teedeerocks 09-11-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenStevie (Post 1142171)

GEEEEZZZZZ I didn't mean anything like that.

teedeerocks 09-11-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1142178)
Lol this thread has started weird and just went downhill from there.I can't help but wonder what have you all been smoking.

He looks great and exactly the same as last year, only with a bit more hair on the top of his head.

Sorry Elle if you feel this thread is strange,but I don't appreciate my thoughts being labeled as weird.I mean, if we can't communicate our "Mac" thoughts to the ledgeys,who else can we talk too?:shrug:

jbrownsjr 09-11-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Ummmmmmmmmmmm

FuzzyPlum 09-11-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

What a bizarre comment.
Kids make you age- simple as that.
Lets end this thread!

louielouie2000 09-11-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danker (Post 1142170)
Eh, he looks fine to me. Could use a haircut tho :p

But seriously, his kids are probably in their teens by now, so that might be something to consider. Nothing ages a person like their kids.

My younger brother's teenage years certainly beat my parents with the age stick within an inch of their lives. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1142180)
He actually looks better to me than last recent photos.

I agree- the pictures of him in the studio with Chris, and the rehearsal pic all showcase a very healthy, happy, vital Mr Buckingham. I think he's looking better in these pics than he has since the Say You Will era. He just seems like he's ratcheted up his game since Christine is back in the picture. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danigirl (Post 1142187)
He is 65 years old, I think compared to the majority of men his age he can play guitar and perform like he is half his age.

This. I was at a family funeral a couple of weeks ago, and many of my Aunts, Uncles, 2nd Cousins, etc are all Mac aged (mid-later 60s). It's astounding how much more youthful and vigorous our Macsters are than the average Joes in their age group.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2014 11:34 AM

Louie

I know I may get skinned alive for saying this. But when I see recent photos of he and McVie, I see a light happiness. When I see him with Nicks I see sour milk. I am biased for sure, but that's what I see. :angel:

Nickingham 09-11-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1142197)
Ummmmmmmmmmmm

Yeaaah......
Was that meant as a joke? Because it was done in poor taste.

I don't think Lindsey looks older than he did last year. He looks fine to me. Although he does have a smidge of 'the dry look' going on in the rehearsals pic. Nothing a little sweat and glossy pomade can't fix. :lol:
I agree with the comments about having kids.

michelej1 09-11-2014 12:27 PM

Yes, I don't think he looks older.

There was one time where I was startled by the change in his appearance between a FM tour and the next time I saw him perform at a Judd Apatow fundraiser and I was shocked by the difference in just a few months. But since then, I think things have been on a pretty even aging keel.

Michele

ViscountViktor 09-11-2014 12:38 PM

I think Lindsey aged most between The Dance and Say You Will.

jbrownsjr 09-11-2014 01:40 PM

He was a bit heavier during The Dance.

I felt he aged the most between OOTC and The Dance.

James89 09-11-2014 01:46 PM

The Say You Will tour (2003/04) to the Unleashed tour (2009) was the biggest change in my opinion. I know it might be because he went grey but his face looks considerably more haggard looking. However, I still think for a man of 64 he's fantastic. :)

elle 09-11-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1142210)
Louie

I know I may get skinned alive for saying this. But when I see recent photos of he and McVie, I see a light happiness.

yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1142218)
Yes, I don't think he looks older.

There was one time where I was startled by the change in his appearance between a FM tour and the next time I saw him perform at a Judd Apatow fundraiser and I was shocked by the difference in just a few months. But since then, I think things have been on a pretty even aging keel.

yes, and that was because his forehead started suddenly balding at the time. it definitely looks like he's been having some hair replacement work done since the SWS tour and he looks much better now than in 2011.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James89 (Post 1142227)
The Say You Will tour (2003/04) to the Unleashed tour (2009) was the biggest change in my opinion. I know it might be because he went grey but his face looks considerably more haggard looking. However, I still think for a man of 64 he's fantastic. :)

yeah agree that was a pretty big change, he still looked young (and actually he looked amazing!) during the SYW era, and UTS era too, but then prior to GOS tour which was followed by Unleashed he started to look noticeably older then during SYW/UTS era. i actually think he looks much better now, starting from the OMS tour in 2012, then he did 2008-2011.

elle 09-11-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1142204)
I agree- the pictures of him in the studio with Chris, and the rehearsal pic all showcase a very healthy, happy, vital Mr Buckingham. I think he's looking better in these pics than he has since the Say You Will era. He just seems like he's ratcheted up his game since Christine is back in the picture. :)

just for a reference, this is the pic that started this thread and that we are talking about (cropped to focus on Lindsey and Christine since that's what's being discussed; sorry for bad quality it was just a little tweetpic so not granular enough).

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5cbfd698.jpg

Josh2003 09-11-2014 08:49 PM

When this pic was first posted, the first thing I noticed was how much more gray his hair looks. I don't necessarily recall how it looked during the 2013 tour, but it definitely looks quite gray in this pic.

bombaysaffires 09-11-2014 08:52 PM

oooh, the Linds has a little paunch, even with all that running around he does. Aging is a b*tch, man.

mottabam 09-11-2014 08:53 PM

^In my opinion all three of them look great in that picture. Very fit and healthy looking. Really, they look better than many of my friends and co-workers that are mostly in their mid 40's, 50's and early sixties.

I hope John is feeling well. Wish I could have seen a picture of him and Stevie at the rehearsals.

WatchChain 09-12-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

What? Why would you even go there? :shrug:

QueenStevie 09-12-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1142428)
What? Why would you even go there? :shrug:

The OP asked if anyone had any thoughts. So, that comment was the first thought that popped into my mind, and it wasn't a joke.

Autumn Ocean 09-13-2014 05:50 PM

So, Lindsey has AIDS and Stevie has dementia.

We all know John is recovering from cancer.

Christine... Hepatitis? (From her skin colour in some of the recent pics.)

Mick, definitely Tourette's Syndrome. His uncontrollable, inappropriate outbursts are coming soon in published form!

I wish them all good health.

bethelblues 09-13-2014 10:14 PM

Agree that Lindsey probably had some hair transplant surgery based on the recent picture. When I saw the SWS tour, all I could see on stage was forehead.

jbrownsjr 09-13-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean (Post 1142584)
So, Lindsey has AIDS and Stevie has dementia.

We all know John is recovering from cancer.

Christine... Hepatitis? (From her skin colour in some of the recent pics.)

Mick, definitely Tourette's Syndrome. His uncontrollable, inappropriate outbursts are coming soon in published form!

I wish them all good health.

LOL.. Let's hope you've jinxed any health problems. None of those are anything to sneeze at. pun intended..

WildHearted 09-13-2014 11:08 PM

I actually thought he looked great.

The hair color might be a bit lighter, but there's definitely more hair there, which gives a more youthful appearance in my opinion.

For comparison: 2011 versus the new pic

http://www.backstageaxxess.com/backs...5-11%20017.jpg

http://easymusicguides.com/wp-conten...c962d_main.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwylKTgCYAA0OAV.jpg:large

FuzzyPlum 09-14-2014 01:53 AM

I personally don't see any evidence of 'new hair'. I think he looks fantastic for a man of his age and I'll be over the moon if I look that good when I reach his age.
However, I think he could still do himself a favor by changing his hair style- I think it needs to be cropped a bit shorter and given a bit more shape- perhaps even a bit of a comb forward.
Anyway, the three of them look good. Aside from John, Stevie's starting to look like the most senior member.

michelej1 09-14-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1142619)
I actually thought he looked great.

The hair color might be a bit lighter, but there's definitely more hair there, which gives a more youthful appearance in my opinion.

For comparison: 2011 versus the new pic

Nice. Look at Lindscrafter. I actually like the newest photo better, but that could be just because from the side angle I see less forehead. Maybe with a head-on shot, there would still be as much dome.

Michele