The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Britney has given birth to . . . (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=22425)

Mad4stevie 09-14-2005 06:07 PM

Britney has given birth to . . .

a baby boy:

Report: Britney Spears has baby boy
The baby was born Wednesday by Caesarean section

NEW YORK - Britney Spears has given birth to a baby boy, Us Weekly reported.

The baby was born Wednesday by Caesarean section at the Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center in California, the magazine said. No other details were available.

A call to Spears’ publicist by The Associated Press wasn’t immediately returned.

It is the first child for the 23-year-old pop star and her husband, Kevin Federline. Federline, 27, has two children with ex-girlfriend Shar Jackson.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9343995/

Brwn_eyes0511 09-14-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad4stevie
a baby boy:

Report: Britney Spears has baby boy
The baby was born Wednesday by Caesarean section

NEW YORK - Britney Spears has given birth to a baby boy, Us Weekly reported.

The baby was born Wednesday by Caesarean section at the Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center in California, the magazine said. No other details were available.

A call to Spears’ publicist by The Associated Press wasn’t immediately returned.

It is the first child for the 23-year-old pop star and her husband, Kevin Federline. Federline, 27, has two children with ex-girlfriend Shar Jackson.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9343995/

Congrats Brit. much happiness.

wondergirl9847 09-14-2005 06:32 PM

Hmm..

Caesarean section? Wonder why.

BTFLCHLD 09-14-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

she wantd one cuz she was scared her twetwe would hurt :rolleyes:

Mad4stevie 09-14-2005 06:41 PM

Quote:

Because her mother said that childbirth was the most painful thing ever in life. Scared her, I guess. :rolleyes:

trackaghost 09-14-2005 06:52 PM

Why is everyone so down on Britney for having a Caesarean? Surely it's her choice. Plus none of us know if there were medical reasons behind it.

wondergirl9847 09-14-2005 06:53 PM

Lol

I would have been the same way, C-section or not at all. LOL I don't like pain..hence, my not wanting a child. (No, that's not the ONLY reason. :laugh: ) I don't even have my ears pierced for frig sake.

trackaghost 09-14-2005 06:56 PM

A C-section is pretty painful afterwards too.
I think Angelina Jolie has the right idea - adoption! :)
Two beautiful kids without the agony of childbirth.

catinthedark 09-14-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Too posh to push.

BTFLCHLD 09-14-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

I don't even have my ears pierced for frig sake.

i almost fainted when mine were done...
and that crunching noise :eek:
i barely make thru bloodwork
no kids popping my cork

ryan8472 09-14-2005 07:12 PM

Charming. Now begins the wait for the announcement of a name. :rolleyes:

ryan8472 09-14-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
She was pregnant?

I would hope so. Divine intervention seems unlikely for this one. :p

gldstwmn 09-14-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan8472
Charming. Now begins the wait for the announcement of a name. :rolleyes:

Preston, I thought.

GateandGarden 09-14-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan8472
I would hope so. Divine intervention seems unlikely for this one. :p

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Serendipity 09-14-2005 08:00 PM

Congrats to Brit and himself....bring on the naming!

~nicki

Wild_Heart03 09-14-2005 08:12 PM

I don't remember where I saw, but reports are saying that she named her son London since it's where she and Kevin fell in love.

ryan8472 09-14-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild_Heart03
I don't remember where I saw, but reports are saying that she named her son London since it's where she and Kevin fell in love.

Well isnt that special? :p

Lee 09-14-2005 08:17 PM

Oh great, now she'll be all in the news again for a month or so. Won't she just ever go away?? :(

Lee :)

JazmenFlowers 09-14-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee
Oh great, now she'll be all in the news again for a month or so. Won't she just ever go away?? :(

ha! I love it.

LongBlackScarf 09-14-2005 08:38 PM

Quote:

I was expecting "Backseat Federline." :p

CreepingDeath 09-14-2005 10:00 PM

Quote:

I also read that they were thinking of naming the baby Vegas. Idiots.

Brwn_eyes0511 09-14-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongBlackScarf
I was expecting "Backseat Federline." :p

Anything is better that Apple...lol

sparky 09-15-2005 12:18 AM

Just go for the obvious. One name : Federspawn.

Or maybe Britwhelp.

Jessica Leigh 09-15-2005 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee

no ****, right? it gets so tiring.

on the subject of why she had the c-section- there wasn't some sudden medical emergency that made them decide on a c-section. britney was planning it all along. why? well, like other people said- probably because she heard that childbirth hurts. maybe she didn't want to stretch out her hoohoo. maybe kevin made her do it for that reason. maybe that's why he dumped Shar- she gave birth the regular way. who knows. they're all dumb- and the dumbest part of all is that we're all sitting here talking about them :eek: myself included :)

Richard B 09-15-2005 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
no ****, right? it gets so tiring.

on the subject of why she had the c-section- there wasn't some sudden medical emergency that made them decide on a c-section. britney was planning it all along. why? well, like other people said- probably because she heard that childbirth hurts. maybe she didn't want to stretch out her hoohoo. maybe kevin made her do it for that reason. maybe that's why he dumped Shar- she gave birth the regular way. who knows. they're all dumb- and the dumbest part of all is that we're all sitting here talking about them :eek: myself included :)

Yeah I know a few women who opted for C-Section just to save their hoochie's. Keep the husband happy.

Jessica Leigh 09-15-2005 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B
Yeah I know a few women who opted for C-Section just to save their hoochie's. Keep the husband happy.

whoah... i was just making jokes... do women REALLY do that?

Gypsy-Rhiannon 09-15-2005 03:14 AM

Quote:

I would have been the same way, C-section or not at all. LOL I don't like pain..hence, my not wanting a child. (No, that's not the ONLY reason. :laugh: ) I don't even have my ears pierced for frig sake.

Can I just say that if you don't like pain you won't want a c-section. Sorry but it amazes me that people think that a c section is painless!! It might be at the time but what abou afterwards?? When you can barely move without pain?

I don't talk from experience as I had 2 natural births but my friend had a c section at around the same time and it took a good few weeks for her to feel well where as I was up and about pretty much right after the birth. She also told me the horror story of a friend of hers who ruptured her c section a week after... not nice!

Pip

Moony 09-15-2005 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Anything is better that Apple...lol

There are many names far worse than Apple, which I think happens to be charming in its own way.

trackaghost 09-15-2005 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Can I just say that if you don't like pain you won't want a c-section. Sorry but it amazes me that people think that a c section is painless!! It might be at the time but what abou afterwards?? When you can barely move without pain?

I don't talk from experience as I had 2 natural births but my friend had a c section at around the same time and it took a good few weeks for her to feel well where as I was up and about pretty much right after the birth. She also told me the horror story of a friend of hers who ruptured her c section a week after... not nice!

Pip

My sister-in-law had a c-section and was in pain for weeks after. She could barely move. Apparently it's the equivalent to major surgery.
It's not the easy option as some people think.

As for Britney, no one here knows why she had one. Just because it was decided in advance does not mean it was not for medical reasons.
And anyway, she still has the right to choose.

WelshWitchPMD 09-15-2005 05:51 AM

Word on the news today is that Britney did not want to go through the pain of childbirth so she had a C section done. :shrug:

I guess whn you have $ you can have your kid anyway you want. I also thought that there had to be a medical reason in order to have a C section but I guess not. Didn't Madonna also have a C Section?

GODDESS6 09-15-2005 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Word on the news today is that Britney did not want to go through the pain of childbirth so she had a C section done. :shrug:

I guess whn you have $ you can have your kid anyway you want. I also thought that there had to be a medical reason in order to have a C section but I guess not. Didn't Madonna also have a C Section?

not sure about madonna, but i know heather locklear had a c-section, so she didn't have to do the normal childbirth thingy~ i think that is awful, the things you can get people to do when you have money~

WelshWitchPMD 09-15-2005 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6
not sure about madonna, but i know heather locklear had a c-section, so she didn't have to do the normal childbirth thingy~ i think that is awful, the things you can get people to do when you have money~

I am pretty sure that Madonna did too but I don't know the reason why. Makes me wonder 'What Would Stevie do"?

tynan88 09-15-2005 06:13 AM

Quote:

I am pretty sure that Madonna did too but I don't know the reason why. Makes me wonder 'What Would Stevie do"?

Adopt.......

GODDESS6 09-15-2005 06:39 AM

Quote:

i wonder too, i have however thought if stevie ever did have a baby, her baby's bassinet would be draped in fabulous black chiffon like "rosemary's baby", minus the upside down cross & not meaning stevie would have a possessed baby, but that bassinet in that movie was very extravagant & stevie-like :nod: ~

GODDESS6 09-15-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynan88
Adopt.......

too funny tynan!!! :] ~

LuckyCharms 09-15-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

Also I think alot stars opt for the c-section because they can do the tummy tuck durring the surgery. I've got over 40 hours of child labor under my belt and personally I'm glad I did the childbirth. There's alot of recovery time invovled with c-sections, plus they have to stick a giant needle in your spine that stays in till after wards. After the baby is taken out you're doped up and out of it for a long time so you're like not even there for the first hours of your child life. Any who, I hope the baby is doing well :)

LikeAWillow 09-15-2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynan88
Adopt.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was great!

GypsySorcerer 09-15-2005 07:11 AM

I heard on the radio the baby's full name was Preston Michael Spears Federline.

gldstwmn 09-15-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
whoah... i was just making jokes... do women REALLY do that?

Yes. :nod: :nod:

dissention 09-15-2005 10:19 AM

It won't be long before she's whoring out Federfetus to the media in an attempt to get some publicity.