The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Fascinating Mike Cambpell Interview in Rolling Stone (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58270)

Sugar Mouse 10-26-2018 01:10 PM

Fascinating Mike Campbell Interview in Rolling Stone

Really interesting article. In the article, Mike Campbell says that he is now a full member of Fleetwood Mac and not a hired player. From the tone of this article, I assume Neil has also become a full member. This all means that a future studio album with the new lineup is more likely.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...rorSxRTGGNz1ow

Angel75 10-26-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242331)
Really interesting article. In the article, Mike Campbell says that he is now a full member of Fleetwood Mac and not a hired player. From the tone of this article, I assume Neil has also become a full member. This all means that a future studio album with the new lineup is more likely.

This is neither a new article that hasn't already been discussed, nor a 'fascinating' one

As much as you are Neil's BFF I am surprised that you think that after this tour is over that he won't return to his solo or family work and will, by choice, stick around to record an album....not that SN would even be on board to do so in the first place

Sugar Mouse 10-26-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1242342)
This is neither a new article that hasn't already been discussed, nor a 'fascinating' one

As much as you are Neil's BFF I am surprised that you think that after this tour is over that he won't return to his solo or family work and will, by choice, stick around to record an album....not that SN would even be on board to do so in the first place

Knowing Neil, I would bet he does both; records a studio album w/ Fleetwood Mac and continues his other careers (solo, Finn Brothers, etc.). By the way, he's already finished another Finn Brothers studio album which is on hold while he pursues the Fleetwood Mac thing.

bwboy 10-26-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1242342)

I think Stevie will record an album with FM now that Lindsey isn't in the band. 100%. I just wonder who will produce it. Neil is a possibility, I would imagine. Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?

Angel75 10-26-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242347)
Knowing Neil, I would bet he does both; records a studio album w/ Fleetwood Mac and continues his other careers (solo, Finn Brothers, etc.). By the way, he's already finished another Finn Brothers studio album which is on hold while he pursues the Fleetwood Mac thing.

By the way, I know this already, but thanks for continuing to think you are the only one that knows anything about the guy....you forget at a Mastermind challenge I could probably beat you hands down on NF trivia

And what further highlights my point, with his Lightsleeper promotion being minimised and new album with Tim, his preference will be to get back and focus on that.

Do you honestly believe Stevie Nicks wants to record another studio album, even without Lindsey?

Angel75 10-26-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1242348)
I think Stevie will record an album with FM now that Lindsey isn't in the band. 100%. I just wonder who will produce it. Neil is a possibility, I would imagine. Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?

I highly doubt it.
As soon as this tour is done, she'll want to step right back into her solo focused career and wave goodbye to FM

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Mike produced Marty Stuart’s 2017 album “Way Out West.” Sounded great, and Marty seemed pleased with it.

Mike also did a lot of production work with Petty.

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1242351)
I highly doubt it.
As soon as this tour is done, she'll want to step right back into her solo focused career and wave goodbye to FM

Unless Mike pushes a Fleetwood Mac album. If Stevie ever has any aspirations to work with the Heartbreakers, she needs to make sure Mike is happy, and I think Mike and Neil want to put their stamp on Fleetwood Mac.

They all have other projects, but Fleetwood Mac will offer the most return for their efforts.

secondhandchain 10-26-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242347)

"knowing Neil" LOL you are insufferable.

jmn3 10-26-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1242367)

Thankfully we can laugh at ole Sugar Mick because othersie this would really be too much

bwboy 10-26-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Sugar mouse meant "knowing Neil" the same way someone might say "knowing Lindsey, he will probably produce his next record" or "knowing Stevie, she'll probably twirl on stage during Gypsy."

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

At least he hasn’t had a six month on-line temper tantrum over a band firing their guitarist.

jwd 10-26-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1242331)

Fleetwood’s offer to make Campbell a full member of the storied Southern California band — not a hired hand — was both exciting and daunting. “I thought I’d never play big gigs again,” Campbell says. “I thought I’d never be on the G4 [private jet] again, and I’d never again play the Forum. Then all of a sudden, I’m like, ‘What the ****? How did this happen?’ ”

Lindsey getting "fired" is how it happened. I guess the "FM Partnership", minus Lindsey, agreed to this. Because according to Lindsey's Complaint, these major decisions are done by unanimous vote, not by majority vote. So technically Lindsey is still in the band and he didn't vote them in assuredly. And really none of this is official yet, until the case is decided. ?????? Mike and Neil you're still hired hands.

MikeInNV 10-26-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1242372)
Lindsey getting "fired" is how it happened. I guess the "FM Partnership", minus Lindsey, agreed to this. Because according to Lindsey's Complaint, these major decisions are done by unanimous vote, not by majority vote. So technically Lindsey is still in the band and he didn't vote them in assuredly. And really none of this is official yet, until the case is decided. ?????? Mike and Neil you're still hired hands.

How is Lindsey still in the band? Because he didn't agree to fire himself?

And for the life of me, I can't imagine FM has ever been able to do anything by unanimous vote.

jwd 10-26-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1242377)

And for the life of me, I can't imagine FM has ever been able to do anything by unanimous vote.

Yes, technically he is. Did you read the Complaint? Major decisions were always done by unanimous vote. Of course we're treading that oral agreement argument again. But they are legal and binding in a court of law.

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1242377)

He’s apparently still a legal part of the Partnership. The lawsuit, more than anything, is likely to clarify his status within the partnership, which is necessary given the lack of communication with the others. He may be entitled to some damages. We’ll likely never know, though.

Quote:

That’s an understatement!

tsitopen 10-26-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1242356)
Mike produced Marty Stuart’s 2017 album “Way Out West.” Sounded great, and Marty seemed pleased with it.

Mike also did a lot of production work with Petty.

He also was a producer [and co-writer] of “Boys of Summer”. I find Don Henley super annoying but that song kills. Great guitar also.

Sugar Mouse 10-26-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1242369)
Sugar mouse meant "knowing Neil" the same way someone might say "knowing Lindsey, he will probably produce his next record" or "knowing Stevie, she'll probably twirl on stage during Gypsy."

Of course, that's what I meant but the Lindsey Ledgers will find a way to hate on anyone who doesn't speak their gospel. Truth isn't a big deal in their world.

MikeInNV 10-26-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1242381)
Yes, technically he is. Did you read the Complaint? Major decisions were always done by unanimous vote.

That seems like it would only be possible if you equate one member finally relenting with a unanimous decision. Not making SYW a double album, taking Silver Springs off Rumours, not playing Stand Back on the last tour, the list goes on. I realize number 2 likely pre-dates the partnership, and number 3 is perhaps not a "major decision," but you see where I'm going. They're crazy if they expect anyone to think they do things unanimously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1242383)
He’s apparently still a legal part of the Partnership. The lawsuit, more than anything, is likely to clarify his status within the partnership, which is necessary given the lack of communication with the others. He may be entitled to some damages. We’ll likely never know, though.

I understand he may be entitled to damages, but it's hard to imagine someone having to approve their own dismissal.....that's quite a partnership.

jwd 10-26-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1242398)
That seems like it would only be possible if you equate one member finally relenting with a unanimous decision. Not making SYW a double album, taking Silver Springs off Rumours, not playing Stand Back on the last tour, the list goes on. I realize number 2 likely pre-dates the partnership, and number 3 is perhaps not a "major decision," but you see where I'm going. They're crazy if they expect anyone to think they do things unanimously.

I guess the real question is what constitutes a "major decision". Surely firing someone from the band would be considered a "major decision". Then it comes down to just cause for firing that member. Of course then the band wouldn't need the one being fired to consent. The just cause part has not been determined yet.

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1242401)
I guess the real question is what constitutes a "major decision". Surely firing someone from the band would be considered a "major decision". Then it comes down to just cause for firing that member. Of course then the band wouldn't need the one being fired to consent. The just cause part has not been determined yet.

Hence where the “take the money” comment comes into play. Minor? Depends on your perspective. But, publicly talking down a major festival series could constitute just cause because of the potential ill will the comment could create with promoters, making him a potential liability for the band.

jwd 10-26-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1242407)
Hence where the “take the money” comment comes into play. Minor? Depends on your perspective. But, publicly talking down a major festival series could constitute just cause because of the potential ill will the comment could create with promoters, making him a potential liability for the band.

Seriously?! "Take the money" comment would seal Lindsey's fate? After all these years and what the man has done for "THE PARTNERSHIP"?! He was just following suit after all. Give the guy a break IRV!

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1242409)
Seriously?! "Take the money" comment would seal Lindsey's fate? After all these years and what the man has done for "THE PARTNERSHIP"?! He was just following suit after all. Give the guy a break IRV!

You know, people are funny. I think they expect well paid talent to talk up something they have millions invested in, not down.

jwd 10-26-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1242413)
You know, people are funny. I think they expect well paid talent to talk up something they have millions invested in, not down.

No! Some people are ****ing GREEDY and SELFISH!! **** these money whores!

SteveMacD 10-26-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1242414)
No! Some people are ****ing GREEDY and SELFISH!! **** these money whores!

They’re the same pigs £ind$€¥ has rolled in the mud with since Mick got fired as manager.

gldstwmn 10-27-2018 09:47 AM

I love this article. Life is so strange. You neer know where you're going to end up. This jumped out at me:
The afternoon after the emotional interview at his house, Campbell is at an enormous soundstage at Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California. This is where the tornado sequence for The Wizard of Oz was filmed in 1939; it’s also where the guitarist will be reporting for work over the next eight weeks of intense rehearsals with Fleetwood Mac. Campbell, dressed casually with an oversize scarf-tie that wouldn’t be out of place on a pirate ship, sits on a couch in the back while technicians scurry about and set up the full-size arena stage with instruments.

Stevie must have been in her happiest of places knowing she was occupying the space where the original good witch first came to life. :thumbsup:

gldstwmn 10-27-2018 10:54 AM

Best Mike Campbell co write ever:
https://youtu.be/mxcvObkSi38

gldstwmn 10-27-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1242369)

Exactly. And who knows he might even know Neil. I welcome the knowledge by a non negative person. :wavey:

David 10-27-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1242413)

But if Lindsey hadn't TOLD us that East West was a crass commercial gig, how would we have known?

In 1982 do you remember when Lindsey told David Gans, the Bay Area rock writer, that the forthcoming US Festival was a great paycheck but an otherwise dull rock show? Or when Lindsey told the press the entire year of 1978 that Rumours (which was still selling big) wasn't as great as its sales promised? (How do you imagine that sat with Warner Brothers?) Or that Mirage was a reactionary work (artistically speaking, not politically)? You keep hammering home this weird point that his troubles this year resulted from something he said which allegedly upset a promoter. Really, now. Expecting Lindsey to keep quiet about the crassness of Fleetwood Mac's corporate side would be like expecting Johnny Rotten to honor the queen of England.

KateTheCursed 10-27-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1242441)
But if Lindsey hadn't TOLD us that East West was a crass commercial gig, how would we have known?

In 1982 do you remember when Lindsey told David Gans, the Bay Area rock writer, that the forthcoming US Festival was a great paycheck but an otherwise dull rock show? Or when Lindsey told the press the entire year of 1978 that Rumours (which was still selling big) wasn't as great as its sales promised? (How do you imagine that sat with Warner Brothers?) Or that Mirage was a reactionary work (artistically speaking, not politically)? You keep hammering home this weird point that his troubles this year resulted from something he said which allegedly upset a promoter. Really, now. Expecting Lindsey to keep quiet about the crassness of Fleetwood Mac's corporate side would be like expecting Johnny Rotten to honor the queen of England.

True. But there is an old adage about a straw that broke the camel's back.

cbBen 11-09-2018 03:17 AM

Quote:

Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?

Mike co-produced everything Petty released from 1987 on. He also produced Stevie's version of "Free Fallin'" and some songs for Roy Orbison.

Even still, I bet they'd get a bigger name, such as Jeff Lynne, as producer.

Campbell has a solo album in the can, so they already have 10-12 songs of his they can draw from.

cbBen 11-09-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateTheCursed (Post 1242450)
True. But there is an old adage about a straw that broke the camel's back.

Plus he mentioned Irving Azoff by name, which may have created bad blood with management.

cbBen 11-12-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1243520)
Mike co-produced everything Petty released from 1987 on. He also produced Stevie's version of "Free Fallin'" and some songs for Roy Orbison.

Forgot about the Del Shannon album Rock On! that Mike he co-produced (he produced half while Jeff Lynne produced the other half). It's fantastic and Mike did tremendous work on it.

SteveMacD 11-12-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1243520)

Oddly enough, Billy Burnette has a song on that album, and one song features Mike and Rick.

JohnL 11-14-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Pot meet kettle....

The Chain 11-14-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1243827)
Pot meet kettle....

do you have a mirror? Your staunch defense (worship) of Stevie, no matter the circumstances, and vilifying of Lindsey is seen as insufferable to many around here..

bwboy 11-14-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chain (Post 1243829)
do you have a mirror? Your staunch defense (worship) of Stevie, no matter the circumstances, and vilifying of Lindsey is seen as insufferable to many around here..

Surely you recognize there are people who worship Lindsey and think he can do no wrong on this board, too. But at least JohnL doesn't resort to name calling or hateful posts. That goes a real long way in my book. He is always polite and respectful, and I appreciate that quality.

The Chain 11-14-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1243831)
Surely you recognize there are people who worship Lindsey and think he can do no wrong on this board, too. But at least JohnL doesn't resort to name calling or hateful posts. That goes a real long way in my book. He is always polite and respectful, and I appreciate that quality.

Of course there are. The problem is, a lot of the recently disgruntled fans, myself included, used to adore Stevie and have just become extremely frustrated with her behavior over the last half-decade or so. And when it's convenient for the worshipers, they just gloss over all of that and act like we've always been haters, when ironically it seems to be the other way around for many.. John L had a recent post saying he's thought Lindsey was an "ass from the beginning" or something to that effect. I can't really take people with hypocritical biases seriously around here.. Becoming angry and disillusioned with someone because of their own actions is quite different from just having a negative opinion of someone for no good reason, and many of us are being painted into that corner.

miriamswell 03-20-2019 01:44 AM

Mike Campbell produced Patti Scialfa’s first album Rumble Doll,” as well as co-writing and playing on many of the songs. He has produced tracks for Roy Orbison,John Prine and Tracy Chapman among others.

secret love 03-21-2019 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chain (Post 1243832)
Of course there are. The problem is, a lot of the recently disgruntled fans, myself included, used to adore Stevie and have just become extremely frustrated with her behavior over the last half-decade or so. And when it's convenient for the worshipers, they just gloss over all of that and act like we've always been haters, when ironically it seems to be the other way around for many.. John L had a recent post saying he's thought Lindsey was an "ass from the beginning" or something to that effect. I can't really take people with hypocritical biases seriously around here.. Becoming angry and disillusioned with someone because of their own actions is quite different from just having a negative opinion of someone for no good reason, and many of us are being painted into that corner.

Some of the people on here treat this Board as a fantasy world. A world where people care who smirked at who. A world where playing an instrument and writing songs makes you a god. A world where finally parting ways with someone you've had a strained relationship for decades and persisted with your work all the same... means you're a traitor.

I don't think I'll be posting very often now. Stevie vs Lindsey is a false narrative, at the very least it was Stevie and Mick vs Lindsey and Kirsten. Anyway... who cares? Be happy with what we've got, or be unhappy with it, up to you.