The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Plea To Fleetwood Mac: Please Re-Unite For At Least One More Show! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59747)

BrownEyedGirl26 11-30-2022 04:22 PM

A Plea To Fleetwood Mac: Please Re-Unite For At Least One More Show!

It is a, timely, reminder that life is a, precious, gift and everyday we have a chance to make, hopefully, a positive affect on people's lives before we, all, get shuffled off this mortal coil.

After all, that will be our legacy when we're gone.

RIP Christine 'Perfect' M(ac)vie:angel:

'Think About It' (Before You Go) Stevie Nicks

Macfan4life 11-30-2022 04:28 PM

I personally could not handle that. I know its something she would be happy about but I would be too bitter she was not there. Chris was the soul of the band

HomerMcvie 11-30-2022 04:34 PM

This is a terrible idea. Their Songbird just died. For God's sake. Jesus Christ!

FuzzyPlum 11-30-2022 04:37 PM

No. They should never, ever perform again.
Sorry, but NO!

BrownEyedGirl26 11-30-2022 05:23 PM

I'm sorry if I've spoken out of turn but I was thinking of this
being a healing of sorts, for Lindsey in particular.

We can't, necessarily, change the past but 'every day is a new day without any mistakes'. - Anne (Shirley) of Green Gables.

Sorry if that sounds trite.

Karlie 11-30-2022 05:34 PM

It’s too late now. I don’t care if Stevie and Lindsey ever reconcile at this point. The chain is broken. There were so many chances to put aside their differences for the sake of the music, to give the Rumours lineup the proper farewell tour it deserved, but egotism and stubbornness ruined it.

bwboy 11-30-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 (Post 1279243)
It is a, timely, reminder that life is a, precious, gift and everyday we have a chance to make, hopefully, a positive affect on people's lives before we, all, get shuffled off this mortal coil.

Right now it’s hard to really imagine, or discuss, even, because her passing is so recent and shocking. But somewhere down the line, a tribute to Christine would be beautiful. I would appreciate seeing people who have been influenced by her pay tribute to her music, as well as Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey.

I hope some sort of tribute happens, eventually.

Ulpian 11-30-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlie (Post 1279273)
It’s too late now. I don’t care if Stevie and Lindsey ever reconcile at this point. The chain is broken. There were so many chances to put aside their differences for the sake of the music, to give the Rumours lineup the proper farewell tour it deserved, but egotism and stubbornness ruined it.

That was 1997, and 2014.

They had their farewells.

Really it ought to have stopped in 1998.

It’s done now anyway. The heart was gone a while ago but it’s definitely not coming back now.

RIP Christine, RIP Fleetwood Mac.

krrrby 11-30-2022 06:25 PM

There are a lot of hurt feelings from fans over what happened a few years ago, and I am one who is sitting here thinking, dammit. Now a final reunion with all 5 is never going to happen again. I think it was wishful thinking at this point especially after Chris has said in recent interviews that she may not want to go out on the road again.

As much as I want to hurl my anger towards Stevie and Lindsey (but mostly Stevie) who prevented an inevitable one-more-time reunion from happening, I think it's better to just remember the past for what it was.

I do hope, for Stevie and Lindsey's sake, that the passing of Chris is a wake-up call to them to figure out how they are going to mend their relationship with each other. Whether that chooses to play out on stage or behind the scenes, I think all the bitterness that has broiled between the two of them, and for all the fans who got caught up in it, needs to come to an end.

I think Stevie knows deep down that her final minutes and final chapter with the rest of the band would rather be on a happy note than a sour one, and I hope that she comes around to making amends with Lindsey again. I hope that they at least all go to Chris' funeral if she is having one, and at least be on speaking terms.

As for Chris, I'm glad that she had the opportunity to come back into the fold in 2014 and reignite her flame, be on tour, make music with Lindsey, and the Songbird orchestra version that just came out, I think it's safe to say she really lived a full circle of life and I'm going to celebrate what she has given to us all these years, and I think that's the best thing we can all do right now. Cherish what we all have for the music and the fandom that Christine has given us. Life is short, and it can't be all sour grapes.

brucewayne 11-30-2022 06:54 PM

I don’t think I could handle seeing Stevie again, tbh.

She used to be my favorite, but she tore this band apart and personally made it her mission to make sure we never got a new Rumours-lineup album or a proper farewell tour.

I’d rather they just never tour again. It’s over.

SaraRhiannon 11-30-2022 07:02 PM

It’s over. Time to let go. 💔

Villavic 11-30-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraRhiannon (Post 1279304)
It’s over. Time to let go. 💔

I totally agree. The only kind of reunion that I consider dignified and acceptable, would be a tribute concert, with guest performers, ala Freddie Mercury tribute concert. And I mention that example not only because of the format, but also because it would be welcome if and only if it were a benefit/charity concert.

It would be the only way to have an appropiate time free of selfishness and grudges.

jmn3 11-30-2022 07:54 PM

I hope this never happens. She just died so I’m not in a place to think about this with any sort of rational thought but the idea of Stevie “allowing” a reunion NOW would enrage me even more than her 2018 crap.

Maybe a tribute concert but I truly have thought for a while we’d seen the last of Fleetwood Mac and after today, I’m even more convinced.

DownOnRodeo 11-30-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1279315)
The only kind of reunion that I consider dignified and acceptable, would be a tribute concert, with guest performers, ala Freddie Mercury tribute concert. And I mention that example not only because of the format, but also because it would be welcome if and only if it were a benefit/charity concert.

I can picture Mick and Irving are planning it as we speak.

tothegypsy 11-30-2022 08:37 PM

I don't expect to see Fleetwood Mac tour again, but I think there's a non-zero chance of Buckingham Nicks with special guest Mick Fleetwood.

krrrby 11-30-2022 09:36 PM

Christine will have the better legacy out of the 5 for her musical sense and songwriting. Very sensible, quirky, catchy tunes, with often great lyrics. Any drama she had through her music was pretty subdued in comparison to Stevie.

You simply can't replace that, and it showed in the Say You Will era which was an era of 2 moody exes writing moody ex songs. As much of a Stevie diehard as I have been over the years, I am simply over it, and like most of you here, don't really want to ever see them live again.

SteveMacD 11-30-2022 10:03 PM

The SYW lineup killed my fandom. Christine’s return brought it back. I’d dread the SYW lineup getting back together.

Fleetwood Mac is over, now.

HomerMcvie 11-30-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279344)
The SYW lineup killed my fandom. Christine’s return brought it back. I’d dread the SYW lineup getting back together.

Agree 100%. SYW band was rough. A band without Christine ISN'T Fleetwood Mac.

God I pray that they don't try to resurrect it. Enough is enough. It is over now.

Street_Dreamer 11-30-2022 11:58 PM

The only material that should be released by the band at this point is unreleased material or hopefully a deluxe version of Behind The Mask. Christine carried that album and it's a testament as to just how great and important she was to the success of the band.

bombaysaffires 12-01-2022 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279347)

God I pray that they don't try to resurrect it. Enough is enough. It is over now.

Amen.

I thought this comment from her interview this past summer with Rolling Stone was curious:

Are you hoping Stevie and Lindsey are going to find a way to make peace at some point?

Well, I don’t think they are enemies anymore, but they just don’t hang out. I mean, there is, I think, a certain peace that they have now, but you’d have to ask them. :confused:

bwboy 12-01-2022 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1279390)
The only material that should be released by the band at this point is unreleased material or hopefully a deluxe version of Behind The Mask. Christine carried that album and it's a testament as to just how great and important she was to the success of the band.

You’re correct about that- while Behind the Mask is one of my favorite FM albums, Christine absolutely carried that album. A deluxe edition in her honor would be a beautiful tribute to her. They should also include the other songs recorded by that incarnation as well, such as As Long As You Follow, Love Shines, and Heart of Stone, and maybe Paper Doll and No Questions Asked, too.

I kind of suspect at some point the record label might release a CD of Christine’s Fleetwood Mac material, though. That really wouldn’t surprise me one bit :(

Mr Scarrott 12-01-2022 08:42 AM

Maybe there's a usable demo or two of an unreleased song of Christine that the other four, including Lindsey could work on and release,in time, as a single. I seem to recall she said that that she had a song at around the time of the LBCM album that she didn't know what to do with.

And that, my friends, should be it. The old vase has been broken enough times.

ryan4136 12-01-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 (Post 1279243)

Is that you Mick?

Unfortunately it's time to put the MAC to bed for good.

brucewayne 12-01-2022 09:54 AM

If they get back together now I think it’ll just piss me off even more how badly Stevie really screwed things up.

nicepace 12-01-2022 10:34 AM

I am truly saddened that some of you are using the passing of our beloved songbird as an opportunity to raise the idea of a reunion of the remaining members for, what, the thousandth time?

There's no use in crying, it's all over.

bwboy 12-01-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1279434)
I am truly saddened that some of you are using the passing of our beloved songbird as an opportunity to raise the idea of a reunion of the remaining members for, what, the thousandth time?

I don’t think anyone is asking for a reunion, but rather a tribute concert for Christine of some sort. Like the one Mick did for Peter Green. After seeing the enormous love shown for Christine by artists legendary and up and coming, I think a tribute concert somewhere down the line would be a beautiful way to remember her. And no tribute concert would be complete without all the living members of FM included, from Mick and John to Lindsey and Stevie to Rick and Billy.

Macfan4life 12-01-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279347)

True
That Christine was not there by choice made it bearable. Just like when Lindsey left. You have no choice in the matter and carry on. Now that she is gone and not retired I would not like it at all.
Chris is the soul of the band.

David 12-01-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1279344)

It is, truly and completely.

My emotions are cemented. Even more than the abstraction of the band — which is nothing more than an allegory now (“musical soap opera,” and so on), the truly weird feeling is a context when Chris is no longer “here.” I assumed that time would come ten or fifteen years from now, and a few of the others would pop off well before then.

I’ve been in “listen to old Mac stuff only” mode for so long now, that the prospect of reunions or tributes at this stage is like the sound that the pool sweep makes. But Christine being abruptly extinguished from the planet is the shakeup for me. I was completely unprepared to read her obit, as probably most of us were, I imagine.

jbrownsjr 12-01-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1279452)
It is, truly and completely.

My emotions are cemented. Even more than the abstraction of the band — which is nothing more than an allegory now (“musical soap opera,” and so on), the truly weird feeling is a context when Chris is no longer “here.” I assumed that time would come ten or fifteen years from now, and a few of the others would pop off well before then.

I’ve been in “listen to old Mac stuff only” mode for so long now, that the prospect of reunions or tributes at this stage is like the sound that the pool sweep makes. But Christine being abruptly extinguished from the planet is the shakeup for me. I was completely unprepared to read her obit, as probably most of us were, I imagine.

I feel the same way. Before she passed I had downloaded MTM. I was marveling at how the Brits could handle all of these different styles of songwriting. What crazy and unique skills they had at adjusting to each writer.
The piano and keyboard parts were always what was needed with that blues flair. Bass and drums too.

I'm in a purgatory type funk at the moment. My love for her musical soul and essence were much deeper than I even imagined. I need to find some positive "something or another" to get through this.

Fleetwood Mac

THE END

BrownEyedGirl26 12-01-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1279445)
I don’t think anyone is asking for a reunion, but rather a tribute concert for Christine of some sort. Like the one Mick did for Peter Green. After seeing the enormous love shown for Christine by artists legendary and up and coming, I think a tribute concert somewhere down the line would be a beautiful way to remember her. And no tribute concert would be complete without all the living members of FM included, from Mick and John to Lindsey and Stevie to Rick and Billy.

Yes. Thankyou for mentioning that. I did mean a 'Tribute'! I shouldn't of said reunion. I realise that is not possible without Christine and when I heard the very sad news I felt personally, it is not easy watching my/our favourite band slowly declining. That is all I meant. My feeling, somewhat, helpless and on behalf of myself and other people prompted the words 'Plea' and that other word which I won't mention again.

DownOnRodeo 12-01-2022 09:33 PM

I sort of wish that the moment these five had finished playing their well-received set at MusiCares in 2018 (and before the fateful speeches), a big trapdoor had opened up on stage and they had disappeared in a cloud of dry ice with their legacy somewhat intact.

Street_Dreamer 12-01-2022 11:29 PM

I want to be mad because I've wanted some sort of mega reunion show for YEARS. We always knew days like this were going to come and it would have been nice for everyone to come together at least once for something big. Sadly with Danny and later Peter passed, there was never going to be any sort of major reunion show. When Bob Welch died, that completely closed the door on any sort of thing happening for his era in the band. Christine's death seals everything completely shut.

Like I said, I want to be mad but I'm just sad because it was a lost opportunity in so many ways. I'm just thankful for all the great music, the positive impact it's had in my life and I wish for more in the future.

Steviegirl 12-02-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucewayne (Post 1279298)
I don’t think I could handle seeing Stevie again, tbh.

She used to be my favorite, but she tore this band apart and personally made it her mission to make sure we never got a new Rumours-lineup album or a proper farewell tour.

I’d rather they just never tour again. It’s over.

Same. 100%.

sodascouts 12-03-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1279516)
I sort of wish that the moment these five had finished playing their well-received set at MusiCares in 2018 (and before the fateful speeches), a big trapdoor had opened up on stage and they had disappeared in a cloud of dry ice with their legacy somewhat intact.

I really wanted a happy ending for these guys. I wish that night could have been it. Instead, it became the catalyst for their bitter end.

Anyway, I also want them to get together for a one-off tribute show. I hope it's open to the public (Glenn Frey's wasn't). And I hope the fans who want to be there can go.

The Catdancer 12-03-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1279681)
I really wanted a happy ending for these guys. I wish that night could have been it. Instead, it became the catalyst for their bitter end.

Anyway, I also want them to get together for a one-off tribute show. I hope it's open to the public (Glenn Frey's wasn't). And I hope the fans who want to be there can go.

And televise it globally. Tickets will be super expensive and not everyone has that kind of money.

HomerMcvie 12-03-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Catdancer (Post 1279701)
And televise it globally. Tickets will be super expensive and not everyone has that kind of money.

Or better yet, a DVD with ALL of the songs recorded(not like Mirage).

The Catdancer 12-03-2022 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279702)
Or better yet, a DVD with ALL of the songs recorded(not like Mirage).

Yep, totally agree with you.

krrrby 12-04-2022 02:39 PM

They should take a note from Elton's recent farewell concert that streamed globally. That was a hell of a show.