The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brad Jeffries comment (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59238)

sleepless child 05-02-2021 09:19 AM

Brad Jeffries comment

June 4, 2019
I am fortunate to call her my friend.
What is Stevie Nicks like? What really happened with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac in 2018 (being replaced)?
Lindsey is a pain in the ass to work with, despite his once obvious talents. Stevie is a professional entertainer who quite honestly has never stopped touring for most of her career. I know of at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since “The Dance”, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might try….at twenty. It is not my place to go into details here, but Stevie and the band were tired of Lindsey’s ego etc.The truth is that Fleetwood Mac is a band that has withstood many incarnations,(and quite frankly I think the current is the best in decades), and these artists are in their seventies. Most people forget that touring and performing is a JOB. A very taxing one that is difficult when one is at the peak of their youth, never mind at the age that most people are taking Alaskan cruises. I don’t think many people realize that Stevie has perfected her craft through a lifetime of hard work, while Lindsey has trouble filing small summer amphitheaters. He has never stopped being eaten up by jealousy of his ex-girlfriend because the Mac can fill arenas with Stevie. Without her, and with Lindsey they would be playing smaller venues and making much less $$$.

People outside the industry seem to forget something; it’s called Show Business. Not Show pre-school. If Lindsey were integral to the success of the Mac’s touring, he would still be in the band. But he is not, and Stevie is. I hate to sound like a Stevie camp follower, it’s just that numbers don’t lie. It’s a business…nothing personal. I’m sure the tour is much smoother for EVERYONE touring right now!

I found this while reading twitter from someone I follow. She had posted this saying Brad really doesn't like Lindsey, the only reason I posted it in Rumours forum, was because of the comment he made about Lindsey and 2 incidents since The Dance tour. My only problem with his comments is that he probably never worked with Lindsey, and maybe never met him. He is only going by what Stevie told him. So maybe it's another tidbit into why she had him fired. His alluding to Lindsey not being as professional as Stevie is BS though.

Macfan4life 05-02-2021 09:39 AM

While everyone is going to flame him. Just remember....Stevie pays his bills (or at least used to). Stevie made him a bigger video star and Stevie has been loyal to him for decades. No surprise to be very loyal to her since they have been very close for decades.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and when mama pays your bills you say things like this. Has Lindsey purposely annoyed Stevie? Of course, too many times to count. Has Lindsey been jealous of Stevie's solo career? Of course it has always bothered him. These 2 have never been over each other and still find ways to go after each other.

Seriously, would anyone expect Brad to say something different?

On Ice 05-02-2021 09:47 AM

Nobody will ever really know what went on between these two over the years on a personal level, and nor should we really. I'm sure both contributed quite a lot to the pain in the ass incidents. I think I saw one in Vancouver in 1997 when standing in line to get into the show, we were informed the concert was cancelled due to an "illness" which the rumours swirled was anything but. I digress, what really matters to the fans is the work they've done together which has been nothing short of spectacular. Romanticism, of the greatest love story of all time, this is definitely no that and never has been. All of the handholding and forehead kissing was for show purposes and many bought into it over the years, making them very rich in the process. :nod:

sleepless child 05-02-2021 09:56 AM

I agree they have both caused each other a lot of pain over the years. They probably should have split up the band after Rumours to save everyone's sanity. I also didn't realize how close he and Stevie have remained after all these years. I thought it was an interesting read from him. The things we learn after all these years from the internet. Everyone has a story/version. LOL

HomerMcvie 05-02-2021 10:04 AM

Just another Chiffonhead, blathering on in worship of their queen.

Nothing to see here people, keep moving...:cool::p

Macfan4life 05-02-2021 11:36 AM

Looking at the glass half full:
The Lindsey/Stevie drama sure has created some fantastic songs.
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Kind of Woman
Silver Springs
Never Going Back Again

In later years each still proved many years after their breakup they were still writing songs about each other

Go Insane
Blue Denim

And I am only scratching the surface

Villavic 05-02-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1266685)
I agree they have both caused each other a lot of pain over the years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1266684)
Nobody will ever really know what went on between these two over the years on a personal level, and nor should we really.

I agree 100% with both. And, that both sure have caused lot of pain to the band sometines.

UnwindedDreams 05-02-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1266690)
I agree 100% with both. And, that both sure have caused lot of pain to the band sometines.

But Then there are the things, that cast the doubt away. Those things that made me stay for so long.

I take my understanding of why Lindsey was fired from Stevie's interview with The 1975...
They weren't making new music anymore just doing concerts.

From that, I can see that she became The King or Queen because if they were a recording band, Lindsey is the Operations Manager. He was needed.

If they're just touring the oldies, why is Lindsey needed? They can have somebody else that she can turn her mic stand and sing harmony to.

She finally got to be in a band with a Heartbreaker (not creatively but a performing one) and she was able to become the frontperson of FM.

I saw 4 of the 2018-2019 shows. There's no question it was her show. Even when musicians were soloing, she was singing over them during Black Magic Woman.

Steviegirl 05-02-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266691)
But Then there are the things, that cast the doubt away. Those things that made me stay for so long.

I take my understanding of why Lindsey was fired from Stevie's interview with The 1975...

From that, I can see that she became The King or Queen because if they were a recording band, Lindsey is the Operations Manager. He was needed.

If they're just touring the oldies, why is Lindsey needed? They can have somebody else that she can turn her mic stand and sing harmony to.

She finally got to be in a band with a Heartbreaker (not creatively but a performing one) and she was able to become the frontperson of FM.

I saw 4 of the 2018-2019 shows. There's no question it was her show. Even when musicians were soloing, she was singing over them during Black Magic Woman.

100%.
And to Brad J.: Hey, Dummy--you don't have to kiss her *** anymore. I doubt she's going to have you clomping around on-stage with your walker. Now if we could only get the viewpoint/opinion of the treadmill...

sleepless child 05-02-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266691)

You are so right about this. It drove Lindsey crazy that Stevie wouldn't commit to a new record, but obviously she had thought this out and yes, touring brings the most money, adoration and you really don't need Lindsey. They did it before with Rick and Billy

Nicks Fan 05-02-2021 04:40 PM

I don't disagree that Lindsey was a pain the butt at times over the years and that he was jealous of her solo success. But at the same time can you blame him? I mean think about it. She is a talented songwriter but she isn't really a producer or even a musician. She can play Piano and Guitar but on a basic level. There's a reason you rarely see her play an instrument beyond a tambourine on stage. During the bands heyday she contributed the least work in the studio and yet for all the work he put in on hers and everyone else's songs she's the star. I truly believe if it wasn't for his meticulous vision and work on the albums the band wouldn't be as revered as they are today.

Though to be honest his comments don't really hold water for me beyond what we already know is true that I mentioned above. He once worked for her and got good money. He's essentially sucking up. When was the last time he had anything to do with her solo career?

It's so stupid the way some people in her camp or entourage etc seem content to bash him with no real evidence to support their BS claims. Look at what Vanessa Carlton wrote on instagram claiming he either beats women or beat Stevie ( I can't recall exactly what she wrote) but then when asked where's the proof and she says SN told her. Sure and everything that comes out of her mouth is the gospel truth. We all know she lied about the 2 year tour delay so I wouldn't put much stock in what she says especially given how coked up she was in the 80's . She wasn't exactly mother Theresa herself.

Nicks Fan 05-02-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1266682)
June 4, 2019
I am fortunate to call her my friend.
What is Stevie Nicks like? What really happened with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac in 2018 (being replaced)?
Lindsey is a pain in the ass to work with, despite his once obvious talents. Stevie is a professional entertainer who quite honestly has never stopped touring for most of her career. I know of at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since “The Dance”, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might try….at twenty. It is not my place to go into details here, but Stevie and the band were tired of Lindsey’s ego etc.The truth is that Fleetwood Mac is a band that has withstood many incarnations,(and quite frankly I think the current is the best in decades), and these artists are in their seventies. Most people forget that touring and performing is a JOB. A very taxing one that is difficult when one is at the peak of their youth, never mind at the age that most people are taking Alaskan cruises. I don’t think many people realize that Stevie has perfected her craft through a lifetime of hard work, while Lindsey has trouble filing small summer amphitheaters. He has never stopped being eaten up by jealousy of his ex-girlfriend because the Mac can fill arenas with Stevie. Without her, and with Lindsey they would be playing smaller venues and making much less $$$.

People outside the industry seem to forget something; it’s called Show Business. Not Show pre-school. If Lindsey were integral to the success of the Mac’s touring, he would still be in the band. But he is not, and Stevie is. I hate to sound like a Stevie camp follower, it’s just that numbers don’t lie. It’s a business…nothing personal. I’m sure the tour is much smoother for EVERYONE touring right now!

I found this while reading twitter from someone I follow. She had posted this saying Brad really doesn't like Lindsey, the only reason I posted it in Rumours forum, was because of the comment he made about Lindsey and 2 incidents since The Dance tour. My only problem with his comments is that he probably never worked with Lindsey, and maybe never met him. He is only going by what Stevie told him. So maybe it's another tidbit into why she had him fired. His alluding to Lindsey not being as professional as Stevie is BS though.

Is Brad on Twitter? I would love to read any of the comments and maybe post a few of my own. EDIT I found his post. It is on Quora and it is too old to comment on.

elle 05-02-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1266682)
at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since “The Dance”, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might try….at twenty.

i have no idea who this guy is and why would his opinion matter especially since he tells right at the start that he blindly takes everything stevie says as gospel truth - but he's basically saying Lindsey was ousted by Stevie over twice behaving like a 20 year old in the last 21 years? considering Stevie behaves like she never even reached 20 yet at over 70. says all you need to know. :p:cool:

Nicks Fan 05-02-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1266704)
i have no idea who this guy is and why would his opinion matter especially since he tells right at the start that he blindly takes everything stevie says as gospel truth - but he's basically saying Lindsey was ousted by Stevie over twice behaving like a 20 year old in the last 21 years? considering Stevie behaves like she never even reached 20 yet at over 70. says all you need to know. :p:cool:

Brad is the guy who dances in several of her 80's videos. Apparently he now works as a Massage Therapist. But I would take what he says with a grain if salt. Do you think he would really tell the truth about someone he used to work for and considers a friend?

I love how he says he knows of 2 incidents but then says it's not his place to say which likely means its BS.

bwboy 05-02-2021 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266688)
Looking at the glass half full:
The Lindsey/Stevie drama sure has created some fantastic songs.
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Kind of Woman
Silver Springs
Never Going Back Again

In later years each still proved many years after their breakup they were still writing songs about each other

Go Insane
Blue Denim

And I am only scratching the surface

Thrown Down is one of my favorite FM songs, and is probably the most obvious example I could think of off the top of my head.

BombaySapphire3 05-02-2021 08:25 PM

Wow he's working as a massage therapist here in the Bay area .Maybe I should make an appointment and see If I can find out what the 2 incidences were.:rolleyes:

jbrownsjr 05-03-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1266707)
Wow he's working as a massage therapist here in the Bay area .Maybe I should make an appointment and see If I can find out what the 2 incidences were.:rolleyes:

1. Lindsey smirked at Christine during Sweet Girl.:laugh:

2. Lindsey did BuckVie because she didn't want to write new music. :laugh:

sleepless child 05-03-2021 03:20 PM

The thing that got me the most about his reply was insinuating that Lindsey is unprofessional and Stevie has worked so hard to perfect her stage show, blah, blah.

We all know and have seen on video, Mick, Stevie and Chris all drunked up and high. John was nowhere around because he would come in early before he got drunk to work and then leave.

Yes, Lindsey coked up too, but he was mostly into smoking weed and drinking. I think in the studio, he has always been the most hard working of the lot. And on stage they all pulled their own weight. I call BS on that one. Brad was around during Stevie's heavy drug use, from 1983-1986, so I don't know how he can say that stuff with a straight face.

michelej1 05-03-2021 11:58 PM

Lindsey’s “once obvious” talent. Clearly, he’s now a dried up shell. Man, Stevie has carried him on her back.

michelej1 05-04-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1266704)

Go to YouTube and watch some of the spectacular choreography Brad has done, then tell me you don’t respect his opinion. Why what are your favorite music videos? I bet your bottom dollar Brad is probably behind them!;)

michelej1 05-04-2021 12:12 AM

I love it how he trashes Lindsey but then says, “it’s not my place to go into details.” If you can’t give supporting facts and details, then maybe you should not smear him in the first place.

Anyway, you guys know that one of the unprofessional, childish things he did had to be telling her that her pronoun usage was incorrect in Thrown Down.

HomerMcvie 05-04-2021 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1266727)
I love it how he trashes Lindsey but then says, “it’s not my place to go into details.” If you can’t give supporting facts and details, then maybe you should not smear him in the first place.

Anyway, you guys know that one of the unprofessional, childish things he did had to be telling her that her pronoun usage was incorrect in Thrown Down.

Lindsey is a horrible man for making such suggestions as a producer. I'm sure $tevie was drownDing in a sea of love over this.

Really, the Skies The Limit on this topic.

I hate it on Mirage video on Blue Letter, when $tevie won't say, "I ain't waiting", but inserts, "I'm not waiting", over Lindsey and Christine saying "ain't". That old $tevie, $he's purty smart. :lol:

And yes, I would say that to Bob Dylan.

Macfan4life 05-04-2021 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266729)
Lindsey is a horrible man for making such suggestions as a producer. I'm sure $tevie was drownDing in a sea of love over this.

Really, the Skies The Limit on this topic.

I hate it on Mirage video on Blue Letter, when $tevie won't say, "I ain't waiting", but inserts, "I'm not waiting", over Lindsey and Christine saying "ain't". That old $tevie, $he's purty smart. :lol:

And yes, I would say that to Bob Dylan.

Ain't ain't a word.
Stevie was being grammatically correct
:lol:

David 05-04-2021 12:55 PM

I actually love it when these people around the periphery — let’s call them marginalia — get catty with the band. Billy and Rick have obviously tried to do so, but they’re both too gentle (or too afraid of never being asked back to the periphery). But a Fleetwood Mac without these recriminations and psychodramatics is like a corned beef Reuben without sauerkraut. Bring it, boys.

sleepless child 05-04-2021 01:07 PM

I know, right? And since the internet and Facebook, we get all kinds of great or infamous stories. The one by Joe Walsh's ex girlfriend about the night Stevie came over is priceless.

HomerMcvie 05-04-2021 01:33 PM

I met someone who swore they knew someone who administered coke into $tevie, via her rear exit.

So apparently that story is true...

UnwindedDreams 05-04-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266733)
I met someone who swore they knew someone who administered coke into $tevie, via her rear exit.

So apparently that story is true...

"The way out is the way in" - Rush. Natural Science

HomerMcvie 05-04-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266734)
"The way out is the way in" - Rush. Natural Science

Exits and entrances are interchangeable? :lol:

BigAl84 05-04-2021 02:23 PM

Yeah, the it's a giant leap to suggest that somehow Stevie Nicks has always been the consummate professional of the band. Just because you lay off the coke juuuuuuussst enough to gargle rocks through a set in 1986 doesn't make you a professional, it makes you a quasi-functioning addict.

If we look at all five of them and guess which ones had the larger issues with substance addiction, Stevie is in the top 3 out of the 5.

I'm not shaming any of them for struggling with addiction, but an attempt at revising history to suggest Stevie Nicks was the consistent professional is an uninformed opinion at best.

Macfan4life 05-04-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1266732)
I know, right? And since the internet and Facebook, we get all kinds of great or infamous stories. The one by Joe Walsh's ex girlfriend about the night Stevie came over is priceless.

Yes that story was freaking incredible. Its post Betty Ford so they whispered to not do it in front of her but Stevie's behavior at that party was insane. They had to get the driver to take her home and even he was like "I got this, I know how to get her home."

bwboy 05-04-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1266731)
I actually love it when these people around the periphery — let’s call them marginalia — get catty with the band. Billy and Rick have obviously tried to do so, but they’re both too gentle (or too afraid of never being asked back to the periphery). But a Fleetwood Mac without these recriminations and psychodramatics is like a corned beef Reuben without sauerkraut. Bring it, boys.

We all certainly get catty about the band here, so why not Brad? He can give his opinion just like we can. But I’m curious about your comment re Rick- when has he ever tried to be catty about FM? I don’t recall him ever saying anything negative about his experience in the band. Even if he did, I guess he has that right anyway, after all it was his experience. I’m sure he had great highs and lows during his stint, I’m just curious as to what you were referring to.

Billy’s book was written before Neil was chosen to replace Lindsey, and he had a ton of good things to say about FM. Despite that, I completely get why he was po’ed about not being chosen to come back. I’m sure that really hurt. I’m glad he recovered from his heart issues and COVID, and Lindsey from his heart attack.

Macfan4life 05-04-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1266739)
We all certainly get catty about the band here, so why not Brad? He can give his opinion just like we can. But I’m curious about your comment re Rick- when has he ever tried to be catty about FM? I don’t recall him ever saying anything negative about his experience in the band. Even if he did, I guess he has that right anyway, after all it was his experience. I’m sure he had great highs and lows during his stint, I’m just curious as to what you were referring to.

Billy’s book was written before Neil was chosen to replace Lindsey, and he had a ton of good things to say about FM. Despite that, I completely get why he was po’ed about not being chosen to come back. I’m sure that really hurt. I’m glad he recovered from his heart issues and COVID, and Lindsey from his heart attack.

Lets also not forget that Brad gave a fascinating story recently of him being on a couch at Stevie's house seated between Prince and Stevie for the MTV world premiere of Stand Back. OMG that is just crazy to think about. Stevie in those days was chatty cathy on coke and Prince, the straight silent type who supposedly was too religious to do drugs. Can you imagine this conversation?

UnwindedDreams 05-04-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1266739)
He can give his opinion just like we can.

However he didn't state as opinion, Brad presented his words as fact. He states himself as an insider and speaks for Stevie and the band. See the fourth sentence.

Neal 05-04-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1266723)
Brad was around during Stevie's heavy drug use, from 1983-1986, so I don't know how he can say that stuff with a straight face.

He stuck it out at least through 1989, when he literally walked/danced on water for her! :shocked: :cool:

Neal 05-04-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1266738)
Yes that story was freaking incredible. Its post Betty Ford so they whispered to not do it in front of her but Stevie's behavior at that party was insane. They had to get the driver to take her home and even he was like "I got this, I know how to get her home."

When and where was this posted?? Sounds like a great read... :nod:

Nicks Fan 05-04-2021 08:08 PM

The issue I have is since Lindsey was fired it seems like it’s open season on him from anyone even remotely connected to FM or one it’s members. I recall Ken got his licks in , someone on social media said they messaged Carol and she wasn’t exactly crying over him getting fired, Vanessa Carlton got her digs in and now this twat is doing the same thing.

I love how he mentions two incidents but then is not at liberty to discuss. I call bs. I guess this guy answers questions on Quora and someone asked him about his thoughts on Lindsey’s firing. My take on it is that he’s looking to to stay in the spotlight by using his SN connection. To my knowledge he has never worked with FM in any capacity so what he could he possibly know or have seen???

Let me guess SN or one of her entourage told him stories so they automatically have to be true.

Macfan4life 05-05-2021 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1266743)
When and where was this posted?? Sounds like a great read... :nod:

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0VeiyBZhbg&t=363s

BigAl84 05-05-2021 08:37 AM

Last year I found an interesting video on youtube of Bobbye Hall talking about a lot of the work she had done in the past and the artists she had worked with. She had so many great things to say about a lot of the folks she had worked with. I'm not sure if it was due to editing or what - but when the topic of Stevie Nicks came up, she had very little to say about Stevie.

My point is, it has felt like open season for Lindsey these days...but I guarantee there is plenty of diva Stevie stories that have never been made public.

HomerMcvie 05-05-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1266748)

My point is, it has felt like open season for Lindsey these days...but I guarantee there is plenty of diva Stevie stories that have never been made public.

I met a woman who told me she was in charge of "green room" catering at one of $tevie's shows, and she said that $tevie was horrible. That $he complained about everything, and that nothing was good enough for her.

Macfan4life 05-05-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1266754)
I met a woman who told me she was in charge of "green room" catering at one of $tevie's shows, and she said that $tevie was horrible. That $he complained about everything, and that nothing was good enough for her.

When I just joined this forum, I posted Stevie's 1991 Whole Lotta Trouble Tour backstage demands. They were quite ridiculous but the funny part is she had lots of very expensive alcohol bottles but PLASTIC CUPS. I will have to find it and post it again.

Edit: Found it. No leaf blowers EVER!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/stevie-nicks-rider