The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

night-rider 11-05-2010 12:50 AM

Before I went to college, I had a paper route and I used to listen to the radio while delivering. The radio station I frequently listened to often played Gold Dust Woman and Sara, and I'd always freak out and crank the volume. At 4 in the morning. :)

As for recently, my roommate and I were walking at night, and an outdoor restaurant was playing Go Your Own Way. My ears perked up like a dog's and my roommate laughed at me. :P

MissLadyLoki 11-05-2010 08:38 AM

Last weekend, I was at a farmstand way out on the North Fork and the radio there played Go Your Own Way.

Kena 11-05-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 919225)
Last weekend, I was at a farmstand way out on the North Fork and the radio there played Go Your Own Way.

Heard Tusk on XM Radio (what channel? heck if I know) on the way to work this morning. The song ended right as I was pulling into my parking spot. It made me happy.

MacShadowsBall 11-05-2010 10:46 AM

I hardly ever hear FM played anywhere down here in Tennessee. Its all country music 'round here! :mad:

MissLadyLoki 11-05-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 919253)
I hardly ever hear FM played anywhere down here in Tennessee. Its all country music 'round here! :mad:

Do you have any rock stations down there? I know the ones up here (Long Island, New York City, Connecticut) play 'em all the time. If you want, you could listen online to these guys, who love the Mac: http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/lis...ation=wrcn-fm&

EDIT: And give these guys a spin too. They like playing Stevie too: http://streaming.wplr.com/_players/c...allsign=WPLRFM

MacShadowsBall 11-05-2010 11:27 AM

There is 1 "classic rock" station Power 92.3 FM and I think 1 current rock station. Everything else is either country, gospel, or talk. I don't think we even have a "Top 40" station!:mad:

I'll check those links when I get home from work at 5.

MissLadyLoki 11-05-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 919258)
There is 1 "classic rock" station Power 92.3 FM and I think 1 current rock station. Everything else is either country, gospel, or talk. I don't think we even have a "Top 40" station!:mad:

I'll check those links when I get home from work at 5.

That's odd you don't have a pop station. round here, it's 106.1 BLI and it's signal is so strong that, unless it's a car radio, all you're gonna hear is it. And on top of it all, it overplays songs to the point where, if a song is popular, you'll probably be hearing it once every hour. I kid you not.

MacShadowsBall 11-05-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 919279)
That's odd you don't have a pop station. round here, it's 106.1 BLI and it's signal is so strong that, unless it's a car radio, all you're gonna hear is it. And on top of it all, it overplays songs to the point where, if a song is popular, you'll probably be hearing it once every hour. I kid you not.

The country stations here (104.1 and 106 point something) are the exact same way...except they bleed into each other. Haven't really checked out the radio stations recently for format changes. I forget we do have a rap station 95.7.

The place I eat at a lot keeps the radio on 104.1. So everyday I get to hear some song, I think its by Sugarland...something about "ain't no rhyme or reason...yada yada yada!! :mad:

Hopefully someday I'll run across an "unexpected FM song" :rolleyes:

AliceLover 11-05-2010 02:47 PM

I went out to dinner with a group of friends last night for a 21st birthday party. We were at a bar/restaurant. In the bar area, they were playing Rhiannon from the Live CD. It was so killer, I couldn't believe it.

elle 11-08-2010 08:52 PM

Don't Stop was used to fade out the segment on Morning Joe today (again)... seems they really like to use FM songs with mostly Lindsey singing on that show.

Silver Springs 11-10-2010 01:27 PM

Just now on the end credits of Come Dine With Me they played Don't Stop.

TerraRhiannon 11-13-2010 10:55 AM

This has probably been mentioned on here somewhere, but last night I was watching Grown Ups with some friends and Monday Morning starts playing during one of the scenes and I freaked out I was right happy. :D My friends didn't have much to say about that one. I talked about it for like an hour.

Sahara 11-13-2010 11:05 AM

I met up with the lovely GypsyNikita on Wednesday and heard Everywhere on the radio on the bus on my way home!

TerraRhiannon 11-14-2010 04:30 PM

Hold Me, bitches.

Hold Me was on my Sirius Satellite radio - Classic Rewind ♥

iamnotafraid 11-14-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 921395)
Hold Me, bitches.

Hold Me was on my Sirius Satellite radio - Classic Rewind ♥

You have photographic proof!!!

Unexpected Fleetwood Mac...
On my own CD player yesterday:
SAY YOU WILL complete.

And there's no way that Goodbye Baby is
about Stevie's supposedly aborted children. People
listen to those lyrics. Good grief.