The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie on new Elton John album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59320)

vivfox 11-09-2021 10:29 PM

Well based on everyone's comments it looks like I'm the only Ledgie who loves this song.:woohoo:

UnwindedDreams 11-12-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1270676)
Well based on everyone's comments it looks like I'm the only Ledgie who loves this song.:woohoo:

What is the meaning of this song? Is it about an affair?

Anyone know if Stevie recorded her vocals in the studio with Elton?

HomerMcvie 11-12-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1270705)

I'd be very doubtful on that. Especially during these Covid times.

I have a friend in Nashville(he's in a band, so his name isn't a name you would recognize) who recorded a duet with Dolly Parton. When he told me, I was all, "oh god, what was she like in person?", etc...

Him- I didn't meet her. We recorded our parts at our own respective studios. What a let down. I always want to picture them singing into the same mic....

UnwindedDreams 11-12-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1270706)
I'd be very doubtful on that. Especially during these Covid times.

I have a friend in Nashville(he's in a band, so his name isn't a name you would recognize) who recorded a duet with Dolly Parton. When he told me, I was all, "oh god, what was she like in person?", etc...

Him- I didn't meet her. We recorded our parts at our own respective studios. What a let down. I always want to picture them singing into the same mic....

Did your friend play for Stevie when she recorded in Nashville April of 2014?:thumbsup:

Eddie Vedder recorded with Elton in LA for this new Elton album. Maybe Stevie did go into a studio with Elton since she did go to Chicago in May 2020 to edit and all for her concert film.

HomerMcvie 11-13-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1270707)
Did your friend play for Stevie when she recorded in Nashville April of 2014?:thumbsup:

Eddie Vedder recorded with Elton in LA for this new Elton album. Maybe Stevie did go into a studio with Elton since she did go to Chicago in May 2020 to edit and all for her concert film.

No. He plays in a bluegrass band. That's something Dolly understands. I surely doubt Stevie does.

Maybe she did. Lord knows she's old school on this stuff.:shrug:

UnwindedDreams 11-13-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1270719)
No. He plays in a bluegrass band. That's something Dolly understands. I surely doubt Stevie does.

Maybe she did. Lord knows she's old school on this stuff.:shrug:

Dolly put the time and effort in to become a musician. Dolly's a fine guitar player.

Stevie may be old school but she's got a staff:laugh:

HomerMcvie 11-13-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1270720)
Dolly put the time and effort in to become a musician. Dolly's a fine guitar player.

Stevie may be old school but she's got a staff:laugh:

Dolly's the whole package. Stevie couldn't be bothered learnin' all them danged insterments. Seems like dating was her priority, back in the day.

Don't f*ck with her, she'll sick Karen on you!(I don't think there's ever been a Karen more appropriately named)

vivfox 11-14-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1270705)
What is the meaning of this song? Is it about an affair?

I haven't really studied this song to attempt to figure out its meaning.

My guess is the vocals were recorded separately. He at his studio, she at hers, or at home. It doesn't sound to me like they were in a room at the same time.

UnwindedDreams 11-14-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1270733)
I haven't really studied this song to attempt to figure out its meaning.

My guess is the vocals were recorded separately. He at his studio, she at hers, or at home. It doesn't sound to me like they were in a room at the same time.

It talks of crime, secret, never tell, calling at 3 am to kill me one more time, and tattoos:lol:

I don't think Elton writes the lyrics, right?