The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do we think there is even a small possibility of a final tour? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59306)

UnwindedDreams 08-13-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy (Post 1268796)
Who needs the Big 5? How about a Fleetwood Mac tour with Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, Brett Tuggle, Sharon Celani and Marilyn Martin?!?!

Why not Lori?!!!

David 08-13-2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1268794)
We all say "never say never" when it comes to Fleetwood Mac related events, but I think the ship has truly sailed once and for all.

At this endgame stage, I have come to really appreciate the comedic potential of the band. To that end, more than anything, I’d love to see Fleetwood Mac conquer reality TV. Imagine all five of them in a beach house in Miami for a few months with cameras everywhere. At various times, individuals bring their exes over for a visit and the fur flies. Jimmy Iovine, Sara Fleetwood, Eddy Quintela, Carol Harris, and others could pop over for drinks and Pictionary or Twister. Speaking of drinks, every evening (around 2:00), all five of the band would doll themselves up, pile in to the shuttle, and head out for a local bar or dive, where they would drink excessive amounts of tequila, dance with strangers, and so on, until one of them staggers out into the parking lot to throw up. Then back in the shuttle and home, where they fall unconscious into a roommate’s bed. These episodes would write themselves with such a gifted group of people.

David 08-13-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy (Post 1268796)
Who needs the Big 5? How about a Fleetwood Mac tour with Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, Brett Tuggle, Sharon Celani and Marilyn Martin?!?!

Not a bad idea, that. The Fleetwood Backline Tour 2022!

Phoenixgypsy 08-13-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1268797)
Why not Lori?!!!

Whoops- Good point Unwinded Dreams- How could I forget Lori? I wish Lori and Sharon had recorded solo music like Marilyn has.

bwboy 08-13-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1268798)
At this endgame stage, I have come to really appreciate the comedic potential of the band. To that end, more than anything, I’d love to see Fleetwood Mac conquer reality TV. Imagine all five of them in a beach house in Miami for a few months with cameras everywhere. At various times, individuals bring their exes over for a visit and the fur flies. Jimmy Iovine, Sara Fleetwood, Eddy Quintela, Carol Harris, and others could pop over for drinks and Pictionary or Twister.

Maybe Peter Green and Bob Welch could tag along with Eddy Quintela?

BombaySapphire3 08-13-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1268804)
Maybe Peter Green and Bob Welch could tag along with Eddy Quintela?

As far as we know Peter and Bob didn't sleep with anyone else in the band:lol: but by David's definition Dennis Wilson would qualify!

jbrownsjr 08-13-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1268807)
As far as we know Peter and Bob didn't sleep with anyone else in the band:lol: but by David's definition Dennis Wilson would qualify!

Danny slept with Bob and then Bob got Danny fired.

jwd 08-14-2021 09:05 PM

A final tour, I hope not. I don't think they could pull it off at their ages. I'd rather see them go out with a bang than a whimper. Then again that bang never really happened, thanks to you know who. Fizzzzle.....

Villavic 08-18-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1268831)
A final tour, I hope not. I don't think they could pull it off at their ages. I'd rather see them go out with a bang than a whimper. Then again that bang never really happened, thanks to you know who. Fizzzzle.....

Exactly. Besides, watch again Rhiannon, GYOW and Everywhere for 784th time? No way. Yes people who know me would say Come on Villavic, you've watched Star Wars, The Godfather and Gone with the wind hundred of times. Yes, but I didn't pay hundred of dollars every time. And each time was the exact performance, not a degraded one.

BLY 08-18-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1268831)

Yes end of show…. The 2017 Tour with the new music (BuckMcvie) should have been it. I do believe Stevie has some regrets on this miss. 50 years final tour with the 5.

jbrownsjr 08-19-2021 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1268896)
Yes end of show…. The 2017 Tour with the new music (BuckMcvie) should have been it. I do believe Stevie has some regrets on this miss. 50 years final tour with the 5.

So much regret that she had one of them fired .

aleuzzi 08-26-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268810)
Danny slept with Bob and then Bob got Danny fired.

If Danny were alive, he'd have felt a dark presence in the force when you wrote this. He'd say to himself: "I have never been on any form of social media, people haven't seen a picture of me since the early-90s, and no one knows how to get in touch with me. But damnit, I am going full bore into the virtual internet world, signing up for interviews the London Times, etc, just so that everyone know I would never ever ever have slept with Bob Welch. Bob Weston, maybe, but never Bob Welch." To which we would nod our heads and say, "makes sense."

jbrownsjr 08-26-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1269043)
If Danny were alive, he'd have felt a dark presence in the force when you wrote this. He'd say to himself: "I have never been on any form of social media, people haven't seen a picture of me since the early-90s, and no one knows how to get in touch with me. But damnit, I am going full bore into the virtual internet world, signing up for interviews the London Times, etc, just so that everyone know I would never ever ever have slept with Bob Welch. Bob Weston, maybe, but never Bob Welch." To which we would nod our heads and say, "makes sense."

He can go his own way for sure! :wavey:

anusha 09-09-2021 01:20 PM

I just saw LB in concert this week, and while his solo work is not always as accessible lyrically, I have to say that the last 15 years of output has been more often great than not. Seeing him and his band really playing with so much passion and vitality is worth him not being in FM anymore. I would just as soon they never reunite.

I think it's never say never, in that for some ungodly sum of money, maybe it would happen, but I think it most likely won't. Stevie is still super pissed and holds the strings as far as FM touring as a big moneymaker. Maybe if one of them dies, the others will do something together, but that's the best we can hope for. Sadly.

elle 09-09-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anusha (Post 1269323)
I just saw LB in concert this week, and while his solo work is not always as accessible lyrically, I have to say that the last 15 years of output has been more often great than not. Seeing him and his band really playing with so much passion and vitality is worth him not being in FM anymore. I would just as soon they never reunite.

I think it's never say never, in that for some ungodly sum of money, maybe it would happen, but I think it most likely won't. Stevie is still super pissed and holds the strings as far as FM touring as a big moneymaker. Maybe if one of them dies, the others will do something together, but that's the best we can hope for. Sadly.

my thoughts for a decade now! :]:]:]:]