The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   nicks against lindsey producing new album? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36638)

Gailh 07-14-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryscutter (Post 763261)
Come on, Lindsey can start sweating just walking on stage. Hopefully he

wears exrta deodorant so those onstage with him are'nt suffering.

Stevie is a lady so she does'nt sweat she perspires. :angel:

Only horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow :laugh:

Gail

BTFLCHLD 07-14-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Come on, Lindsey can start sweating just walking on stage.

Are you kidding? That boy is soooo smooth...so cool. hehe Naturally it depends on the venue and set list, but he generally starts to perspire around the 3-4 song. I love when he bends over during ISA and the ladies/gents capture droplets with their tongue...or maybe that was just me. :eek: After the show, his skin/hair is so smooth and dry...complete perfection...amazing. :D

Nico 07-14-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 763266)
Are you kidding? That boy is soooo smooth...so cool. hehe Naturally it depends on the venue and set list, but he generally starts to perspire around the 3-4 song. I love when he bends over during ISA and the ladies/gents capture droplets with their tongue...or maybe that was just me. :eek: After the show, his skin/hair is so smooth and dry...complete perfection...amazing. :D

My friend got splashed on her hand by Lindsey Sweat and didn't wash it for 2 days. No joke.

Nico 07-14-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind (Post 763251)
But, had he left her and FM (or never joined) in 1975 - it is likely we may never have heard of him in any significant way. They all needed FM to get stardom. True, La Nicks and her ambition went way beyond that. But, without FM to propell her who knows what would have happened. I personally think she was too ambitious, talented, pretty, and eyecathing on stage to go unnoticed for long.

Um, biased much? One-sided calling your name.

Yeah, there's a LOT of ambitious, talented, pretty, blah, blah, blah people out there- and many of them probably have better voices than Stevie (Oh my! Sacrilege) yet they aren't even heard of. Let's try that theory all the way and not get all exclusive because it's your Stevie. I'm not going to disagree with you about Lindsey not amounting to anything had he not been in FM, but why is Stevie apparently cut from finer cloth? Big whatever.

*note: I read the whole post and I understand it's simply your opinion. But the reality is that I'm flying very high right now on my "Lindsey Great News" kite and it always seems that someone from the chiffon side has to cut the string and send me crashing before I can fully enjoy my ride. Why is that?

Street_Dreamer 07-14-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

I think a new producer could bring a fresh approach to the music

and take some of the stress and pressure out of the recording sessions.

On the other hand, they could tell Stevie to take a hike and bring in someone like maybe Bob Welch, Billy Burnette or Bekka Bramlett to work with Lindsey and there'd probably be even less stress! Tee hee!

Matt

henryscutter 07-14-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 763270)
On the other hand, they could tell Stevie to take a hike and bring in someone like maybe Bob Welch, Billy Burnette or Bekka Bramlett to work with Lindsey and there'd probably be even less stress! Tee hee!

Matt

and even less people who would care :wavey:

Face it the Fab 5 or 4 is the only line up that has any chance at all of getting attention from the general public.

henryscutter 07-14-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 763266)

:eek: stalker j/k

strandinthewind 07-14-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 763268)
Um, biased much? One-sided calling your name.

Yeah, there's a LOT of ambitious, talented, pretty, blah, blah, blah people out there- and many of them probably have better voices than Stevie (Oh my! Sacrilege) yet they aren't even heard of. Let's try that theory all the way and not get all exclusive because it's your Stevie. I'm not going to disagree with you about Lindsey not amounting to anything had he not been in FM, but why is Stevie apparently cut from finer cloth? Big whatever.

*note: I read the whole post and I understand it's simply your opinion. But the reality is that I'm flying very high right now on my "Lindsey Great News" kite and it always seems that someone from the chiffon side has to cut the string and send me crashing before I can fully enjoy my ride. Why is that?

I am as harsh on La Nicks, believe me. I just note when I think people give LB too much credit. I do it with her as well. In this instance, people are all over her for trash talking him. IMO -- they ignore that it may be the truth.

And, fly that LB kite as high as you want. I, like you, cannot wait to hear the new record. True, I did not care for UTS despite a few moments of coolness (note -- I did not care for some of TISL because I think she was vocally lazy) . But, I loved his songs on SYW and am anxious to hear the rock side. I guess to me, talking about FM has nothing to do about the excitement in the LB solo dept. I think the people who like only LB are way to sensitive when it comes to people talking about his work in the context of La Nicks. Such is the fodder of FM boards.

On edit - I think La Nicks is cut from a finer cloth because she had more ambition. LB was the one with the musical talent for production. But, I sort of get the feeling that he would have never really finished his songs if he had had to work to put the roof over their heads. I think he would have still made great music though. Interestingly, I credit both of them for each other's wounds. I think the team work resulted in the music. In other words, would ISA been as great without La Nicks egging him on and providing her input? I am sure it would have been great, but as great as it turned out -- Who can say for sure? In the past, they played well off of each other. Sadly, I do not think that happened a whole lot (save for SG) on SYW. That is why I think an objective opinion might benefit them. To the LB peeps, that translates into La Nicks is a fukcing cu*T.

michelej1 07-14-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind (Post 763251)

Actually, she left him becuase allegedly he wanted to marry her and she did not want to marry him

She's never said this. I don't think either of them ever considered the subject of marriage. Just wasn't on the radar. Maybe too "establishment" or something. According to her, they thought they were married in every sense of the word and so did her parents. As to why she broke up with him, she's given a 1000 different reasons and none of them had to do with him wanting to marry her.

Since he's the one Polydor wanted and also the one that FM wanted, I doubt that he would have been a failure without her. If nothing else, he could have eked out the same type of career that Waddy has. He might not have been famous without FM, but his name would probably be known to other musicians. Michele

Street_Dreamer 07-14-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryscutter (Post 763272)
and even less people who would care :wavey:

Face it the Fab 5 or 4 is the only line up that has any chance at all of getting attention from the general public.

I knew that obligatory post was coming. And I never said they should be worried about the general public caring. As long as I'm happy, they should go along with it. :p

Matt