The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   'Songbird' producers to release Lindsey compilation next (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59606)

jbrownsjr 07-28-2022 06:13 PM

Tony, even when Christine and Lindsey are singing together? :".... how I feel... days. when the rain and the sun are gone.... black as night.. agony's...slip and I fall and I die...."... organ swirling.... duh.... guitar solo...

aleuzzi 07-28-2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1276534)
Tony, even when Christine and Lindsey are singing together? :".... how I feel... days. when the rain and the sun are gone.... black as night.. agony's...slip and I fall and I die...."... organ swirling.... duh.... guitar solo...

Oh, there are always parts of the song live that I enjoy, but it just goes on and on and on...And the lyrics are kinda’ dumb.

I LOVE the album instrumental backing. Never dug his singing on it.

jbrownsjr 07-29-2022 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1276561)
Oh, there are always parts of the song live that I enjoy, but it just goes on and on and on...And the lyrics are kinda’ dumb.

I LOVE the album instrumental backing. Never dug his singing on it.

For an album closer on the White album, it's kind of boring. But the way it fades out does give the White album a nice punctuation and a feeling of satisfaction.

But yea, the lyrics don't seem to go anywhere. I love the guitar solo up until the Dance. Then I think he should have retired it and stretched something else out.

Macfan4life 07-29-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1276583)
For an album closer on the White album, it's kind of boring. But the way it fades out does give the White album a nice punctuation and a feeling of satisfaction.

But yea, the lyrics don't seem to go anywhere. I love the guitar solo up until the Dance. Then I think he should have retired it and stretched something else out.

The live album (1980) ISA is the best version. Its a total masterpiece and is so raw. When Chris's organ starts at the beginning it gives me chills. He burns the place down. Mick is on fire too. I do like on Mirage with Christine backing.
Its sort of become his staple of FM and solo shows.
Early in my fandom, I never cared that much for the song but grew to appreciate it. Treat yourself. Go get the Live album and get a Dairy Queen blizzard and then crank up ISA. You will be in heaven. All your senses will be overwhelmed.

HomerMcvie 07-30-2022 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1276602)
The live album (1980) ISA is the best version. Its a total masterpiece and is so raw. When Chris's organ starts at the beginning it gives me chills. He burns the place down. Mick is on fire too. I do like on Mirage with Christine backing.
Early in my fandom, I never cared that much for the song but grew to appreciate it. Treat yourself. Go get the Live album and get a Dairy Queen blizzard and then crank up ISA. You will be in heaven. All your senses will be overwhelmed.

I thought you were the Dairy Queen?

Macfan4life 07-30-2022 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1276611)
I thought you were the Dairy Queen?

Were you ever a suspect in the Burger Chef murders?

jbrownsjr 07-30-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1276602)

If I'm rating them:

1. Mirage
2. Live 1980 (almost a tie)
3. The Dance
4 White album

I realize there are so many verisions, but those are the important versions. :woohoo:

HomerMcvie 07-30-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1276612)
Were you ever a suspect in the Burger Chef murders?

Yes, I was in 7th grade. I was a very angry child. They shorted my Big Shef! They got what they deserved! :wavey:

Macfan4life 07-30-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1276615)
If I'm rating them:

1. Mirage
2. Live 1980 (almost a tie)
3. The Dance
4 White album

I realize there are so many verisions, but those are the important versions. :woohoo:

I would have to listen to the Dance again. I dont really care for the sound of the songs in that concert. I thought On With The Show and Buck/Vie versions kicked butt!
I like Mirage for the exhausted vocals from Chris. But the live album has this rawness the others dont have. Correct me if I am wrong but dont we hear Mick's growl and gong in the beginning? Its just incredible. It was recorded in your home town of Cleveland too. Mick's drumming is so crisp.
Speaking of the Dance. I was watching Dont Stop not long ago. The marching band played live I think. But I think the sound is overdubbed in. What do you think?

Macfan4life 07-30-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1276620)
Yes, I was in 7th grade. I was a very angry child. They shorted my Big Shef! They got what they deserved! :wavey:

I thought it was because your parents refused to buy you that tambourine at Hills Department Store.

jbrownsjr 07-30-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1276621)
I would have to listen to the Dance again. I dont really care for the sound of the songs in that concert. I thought On With The Show and Buck/Vie versions kicked butt!
I like Mirage for the exhausted vocals from Chris. But the live album has this rawness the others dont have. Correct me if I am wrong but dont we hear Mick's growl and gong in the beginning? Its just incredible. It was recorded in your home town of Cleveland too. Mick's drumming is so crisp.
Speaking of the Dance. I was watching Dont Stop not long ago. The marching band played live I think. But I think the sound is overdubbed in. What do you think?

Id have to watch it again. It's been so long since I've watched that track

HomerMcvie 07-30-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1276622)
I thought it was because your parents refused to buy you that tambourine at Hills Department Store.

They bought me the tambourine, and taped my damned jingles down. Said I reminded them of $tevie!:mad::mad::mad:

michelej1 07-31-2022 03:21 PM

I don’t think the complete works of Emily Dickinson would be half bad.

michelej1 07-31-2022 03:29 PM

Reminds me of sortasavagelike

jbrownsjr 08-01-2022 01:03 PM

Not realsavagelike? :laugh: