The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What are you listening to right now? ....part 76 err..3 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16513)

ryan8472 01-18-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
Oooh, you can usually find good Franz vids on WinMX. :nod: I should go look and see what files are there. What I usually do is click on tons of them to download, that way I can get into the queue before another asshole does.

I've been trying to find TH's original video for Once In A Lifetime actually. No one shares it, or it's always like 100 in queue....Can you find it?

ryan8472 01-18-2005 04:39 PM

Did you know there was a video for Matinee? I didnt....

dissention 01-18-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan8472
I've been trying to find TH's original video for Once In A Lifetime actually. No one shares it, or it's always like 100 in queue....Can you find it?

I'm not having any luck finding it. :( Have you searched Google?

dissention 01-18-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Did you know there was a video for Matinee? I didnt....

Yup. There are vids for Matinee, Michael, Take Me Out, and This Fire, I believe. :nod:

The lucky ****s in the UK got DVD singles for Matinee and Michael. :mad:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

I'm not having any luck finding it. :( Have you searched Google?

Yes, and no one has it....except MTV...where it only plays the sound :confused:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Yup. There are vids for Matinee, Michael, Take Me Out, and This Fire, I believe. :nod:

The lucky ****s in the UK got DVD singles for Matinee and Michael. :mad:

Damn it! I want to see the Michael video! :lol:

dissention 01-18-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Damn it! I want to see the Michael video! :lol:

http://franzferdinand.org/video/

I think it's sexy as hell. I love the dark lighting and how they're all in black. :laugh:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

http://franzferdinand.org/video/

I think it's sexy as hell. I love the dark lighting and how they're all in black. :laugh:

The lighting reminds me ofa cross between the cover of the No Exit album, and the lighting during What A Day That Was from Stop Making Sense. Very cool. And they all look great. Good video!

dissention 01-18-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

The lighting reminds me ofa cross between the cover of the No Exit album, and the lighting during What A Day That Was from Stop Making Sense. Very cool. And they all look great. Good video!

:thumbsup: VERY good description.

Did you ever see the medley music video for Maria/No Exit/Rapture? I've been looking for that one for ages and still have yet to find it on video or for download. Great video, too, dammit.

estranged4life 01-18-2005 05:05 PM

Currently...

"Tornados of Souls" from the just received FM broadcast discs of Megadeth from Nov.17,2004-Detroit, MI...Heavy soundin' ****...Thanks Chris!!!! :thumbsup:

ontheEdgeof17 01-18-2005 05:17 PM

Mr. Brightside - Live on TRL right now. :)

SuzeQuze 01-18-2005 05:18 PM

Did you guys know that Judas Priest did a cover of Peter Green's Green Manalishi? Brian, have you heard this? Anyone? I'm curious about it.

estranged4life 01-18-2005 05:28 PM

Sure have...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Did you guys know that Judas Priest did a cover of Peter Green's Green Manalishi? Brian, have you heard this? Anyone? I'm curious about it.

only about a trillion times...It is a regular part of the Priest live set, And has been for years. I recommend it...The studio version can be found on the "Hell Bent For Leather" album!

Cant wait til "Angel of Retribution" comes out in a few months...With Rob "the Metal God" Halford back in the fold the Priest is goin' to show the music world that 50 year olds can still "Ram It Down".

Rob is the only openly gay musician no-one seems to start **** with...Could it be because he would take his studs & leather and beat the living **** outta of someone? Sure 'nuff...Priest slayed on Ozzfest 2004 (Priest & Slayer ruled that tour!!!!)

Livia 01-18-2005 05:40 PM

Just heard Bare Trees on the radio, the song, not the entire album. :rolleyes:

GypsySorcerer 01-18-2005 05:53 PM

Double Take -- Blondie

(just got No Exit) :woohoo:

estranged4life 01-18-2005 06:11 PM

For ya Blondie lovers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Double Take -- Blondie

if ya go to http://bi-torrent.com and enter Blondie into the search you'll find something called "The Videos" & the video for "Heart of Glass" (Some of the albums are also listed.)

macmar71 01-18-2005 06:19 PM

STYX~Too Much Time On My Hands

ryan8472 01-18-2005 06:30 PM

Now hearing: Some teacher talking to some freshmen.....I'm at school for a study session.....And I am doing a lot of studying :p :rolleyes: :laugh: ...........Really..........But anyways...I'm so bored here......someone post something funny, and quick!

ryan8472 01-18-2005 06:40 PM

Ok....Who knows Russian History? Like from 1700-1925........My so called teacher does not know how to teach...Like..He doesn't even talk to us about history. He makes us read and he gives us quizes. He's such a douchebag...but I degress....So like yeah, who's up on this Russian ****?

dissention 01-18-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Double Take -- Blondie

Isn't it fab? :D Double Take is one of my faves...

dissention 01-18-2005 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estranged4life
if ya go to http://bi-torrent.com and enter Blondie into the search you'll find something called "The Videos" & the video for "Heart of Glass" (Some of the albums are also listed.)

Thanks, Brian. :wavey:

If I didn't have dial-up, I'd download something. :laugh:

dissention 01-18-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
Sex with Stevie Nicks is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway!!! ;)

I'm listening to Geri Halliwell's "Ride It." MmMmm, disposable pro-tool'D British pop junk.

:eek: :lol:

My word, that was funny.

GypsySorcerer 01-18-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Isn't it fab? :D Double Take is one of my faves...

Has to be one of their best. :thumbsup: I didn't think I'd like it this much, really. But I do. :D

The only one I'm not quite feeling is "No Exit..."

dissention 01-18-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

I'm looking for your face where it could never be, Diss ;)

Listening to: Franz - Tell Her Tonight<3

Ah, nailed by soemthing cute I tear it out with microsurgical precision ;)

Those lyrics are killer, man. And I'm listening to Tell Her Tonight, too. :laugh:

dissention 01-18-2005 07:11 PM

Quote:

Has to be one of their best. :thumbsup: I didn't think I'd like it this much, really. But I do. :D

The only one I'm not quite feeling is "No Exit..."

I like Debs on it, but Coolio is obnoxious as all get out. The live versions without him are much better. :nod:

What do you think of Dig Up the Conjo? F*cking weird ****, eh?

dissention 01-18-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

OGM SOLE M8S!@)(*!(#&@ MFEO!!)!(@)!*#!)(@!)#*!(@ :laugh: :wavey:

I'm on Take Me Out. WoooOotTtTt. This is fun to listen to when trying to change bedsheets. :D

:laugh:

My favorite is Come On Home. That song kicks ass. It is just too good.

"Come on hooooooome....but don't forget to leave." :laugh:

GypsySorcerer 01-18-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

I like Debs on it, but Coolio is obnoxious as all get out. The live versions without him are much better. :nod:

What do you think of Dig Up the Conjo? F*cking weird ****, eh?

I love Dig up the Conjo. :eek: Scary, isn't it? :laugh:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Sex with Stevie Nicks is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway!!! ;)

I'm listening to Geri Halliwell's "Ride It." MmMmm, disposable pro-tool'D British pop junk.

Is that to imply that Stevie has a very wide vagina? :laugh: :shocked: :eek:

dissention 01-18-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

I love Dig up the Conjo. :eek: Scary, isn't it? :laugh:

Took the best in the sun, hold your breath, something comes, it's so long, half alive...watching you while it flies.

Love to sing that part. :laugh: Love to sing the whole song, actually. But Forgive and Forget is my all-time favorite. She sounds otherworldly on that one.

dissention 01-18-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

My favorite's Matineé, which I'm jamming to now.

The only thing I don't like about it is the BBC2 verse. Hello, meta much? That verse : Me :: "She depends on her music like a husband" : You

I agree, I don't care for the first few lines in that verse. :eek: And to my knowledge, Wogan was on BBC1, not 2.

dissention 01-18-2005 07:24 PM

Quote:

I was implying that she's a windsock down there, yes. :wavey:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMFG....... :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

Greg ~ You are SO eloquent in your descriptions....How do you do it? :lol:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 07:31 PM

Ugh...I'm STILL at school....My mom has been on the phone for like a ****ing half hour....she's supposed to pick me up :rolleyes:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 07:33 PM

Quote:

I think it's a combination of all the Kool-Aid I've had tonight and jamming to Franz. :laugh: :woohoo:

Really? Cause I'm feeling really angsty and vicious tonight because of how ****ty (pun intended) the McDonalds I ate made me feel. :wavey:

Food really DOES affect your mood.

estranged4life 01-18-2005 07:40 PM

Currently...

"Estranged" by Guns N Roses from the Rock In Rio II show in 1991 (This was the first performance ever of "Estranged").

dissention 01-18-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

EWeeeewwwww. :shocked:

I don't know if I can eat McDonald's again. Like. ~*~Something within me~*~ triggered a feeling that I'll get deathly ill if I ever eat there again. UeuUghh. And for some reason, I'm fine with that. Which is odd, considering their fries? Hosh!t.

Franz - 40ft. <3

I've never been able to even look at a McDonald's the same way after seeing the fry experiment on the DVD for Super Size me. :( :shrug:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

I've never been able to even look at a McDonald's the same way after seeing the fry experiment on the DVD for Super Size me. :( :shrug:

I had a Big Mac tonite. :lol: What dirt do you have on those? :shocked:

dissention 01-18-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

I had a Big Mac tonite. :lol: What dirt do you have on those? :shocked:

They take days of being in a moist environment to even begin breaking down. :eek:

Rent the DVD, you'll be NAUSEATED, dear.

ryan8472 01-18-2005 07:58 PM

Quote:

They take days of being in a moist environment to even begin breaking down. :eek:

Rent the DVD, you'll be NAUSEATED, dear.

Honey, I was nauseated eating it :laugh: If I saw what was in it, I'd lose it :laugh:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 08:11 PM

Hokay....Who's watching American Idol? :D