The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood mac WILL record new album says stevie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55766)

olive 05-07-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1182907)
I've never heard anyone refer to her as "Mama," nor have I ever called her that myself. It doesn't make much sense to me to call her that. :shrug:

I have never heard her or anyone call her mama either

olive 05-07-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1182910)
I'm not as bothered by Mama as some others are, but I would sooner use LaNicks.

forgot about that

MikeVielhaber 05-07-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1182912)
I didn't think it was offensive or anything. Just a wee bit strange.

I don't know. It's so irrelevant to me that I read it and thought "ok that's something someone decided to call her....moving on". There are a lot of weird things that people say here. I don't question it. It doesn't have to make sense to me. That this has become a topic of conversation is strange to me.

olive 05-07-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1182918)
I don't know. It's so irrelevant to me that I read it and thought "ok that's something someone decided to call her....moving on". There are a lot of weird things that people say here. I don't question it. It doesn't have to make sense to me. That this has become a topic of conversation is strange to me.

well after 747 post how much can you carry on/ beat to death and back the same topic with out some variation

bombaysaffires 05-07-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1182875)
cool, thanks for those quotes, i learned something!

sounds more like Christine in Mac's heyday, no?

[wine in the face "do not ever do this to this band again!"]

too bad Christine doesn't seem to exert that kind of power over the band anymore. we'd have that album in our hand already if she did!

Yessss!! :o

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-07-2016 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1182918)

I don't think it was very fair of you to attack me like you did. All I did was state an opinion. That's all. I was not trying to start a topic, or anything like that. If I took what you said the wrong way, then I am sorry.

FuzzyPlum 05-07-2016 06:41 PM

Billboard
Stevie Nicks Is Ready For 'Trouble'
2/12/2001

(excerpt)

Petty isn't the only musical figure with such high regard for Nicks. "Trouble In Shangri-La" is brimming with high-profile guests. Dixie Chicks belter Natalie Maines harmonizes on the twangy midtempo rocker "Too Far From Texas," while Macy Gray weaves her distinctive purr into the atmospheric shuffler "Bombay Sapphire." Sarah McLachlan lends her voice to the lilting, set-closing ballad, "Love Is." The common denominator among such seemingly disparate guests? Each cites Nicks as a prime musical influence -- something that tickles her.

"OK, so now I'm 'Mama Rockstar,'" Nicks says with a giggle. "It's cool. Actually, it's great. I take pride in knowing that people have benefited from the road I've traveled. We've had a wonderful time bonding."

Come on 'Mama Rockstar'- it's time to be a rockstar again.

michelej1 05-07-2016 09:17 PM

Well, I'm bothered by Oh, Daddy.

Michele

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-07-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1182930)
Well, I'm bothered by Oh, Daddy.

Michele

Fair enough.

Macfanforever 05-07-2016 10:56 PM

Wow .LOL We have a derailment .Mama and LaNicks nick names were used for years on here.Just use the search button on top and look at all the threads with these names.

Again we dont know whats up with this until a reliable source or the band itself release positive news when this bloody album gets dropped.

I was thinking of labor rules today.Any of us will get Insubordination if we refuse doing a task the boss tell us to do.If you dont ."Your Fired" Unless it was a safety issue that can be taken care at the labor board.I have no clue what kind of contact is involve here with this band.Now does Stevie fall under that term with Mick.

iamnotafraid 05-08-2016 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1182939)
Again we dont know whats up with this until a reliable source...

You called???

iamnotafraid 05-08-2016 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1182902)
The two are used interchangeably. Except one is necessarily spanish.

Yeah, yeah.

But you have to admit Mamacita sounds
better than mama.

I guess we could call her hoochie mama,
then everybody would be happy.

Macfanforever 05-08-2016 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1182942)
You called???

Entertainment Tonight.RS mag.

lennonfan 05-08-2016 01:29 PM

I really feel in my bones something will happen at Christmas.
For Mirage to be released mid Summer tells me it's a taste of things to come:)

Yes, I could be wrong but I'm throwing that out there not to jinx it, because I really do believe I'm right:)

aleuzzi 05-08-2016 02:23 PM

This whole post started because Stevie decided to casually acknowledge the work Christine and Lindsey had done. She said the band has lots of songs and new album will come. But that's it. Nothing more substantial. Then Christine followed up with a slightly more concrete timeline. But she said we'd have to "be patient" because it's hard getting all of them in the same room. I don't have patience anymore, and until I hear something concrete about the release of an album in the NEAR future, then I will complain and complain and complain and complain. It's my only joy with this band these days. I won't pay for another tour ticket, I won't enthuse about new live versions of old songs, I won't cheer for posts about Stevie's new collaborations with Dave Stewart. Nothing will make me happy except a new FM record, or a Christine solo album, which would have come by now if she had stayed away from the band.