The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

holidayroad 10-05-2011 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1021612)
Speaking of Madonna. What's happened to her face?
I saw a recent photo of her linked to news of her
upcoming Super Bowl appearance and her face had
aged so much. But it was more than just age, she
looked odd.

The pic I saw in a story about her SB performance was this one. She's looked like that for awhile.

skcin 10-05-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 1021647)
OH JEEZ!!!

I MIGHT be the only one at the hospital while my mom is in surgery =\ I'm gonna go crazy for 3 hours if I'm by myself lmao Ashley has school, but maybe she's getting out of it to come if I am gonna be alone.

Then my mom is giving me a LIST of people to call when she comes out lol Oh man this is gonna be a loooooong 4 weeks!

Good luck to your mom. Be sure to bring a book or some magazines with you for distraction. I'm sure the surgery might take a while.

JTIS - this thread now has 500 pages. :thumbsup:

jannieC 10-05-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 1021647)
OH JEEZ!!!

Tomorrow is the big day for my mom! My stomach has been in knots so much that i can barely eat(but I do eat) and my mind is going a mile a minute so sleeping is rough lol I went to my hair school yesterday and got a haircut and my friend who was cutting my hair ALWAYS knows when I'm sad....and she was like "Caitlin you seem real sad today" so I told her whats going on.

I MIGHT be the only one at the hospital while my mom is in surgery =\ I'm gonna go crazy for 3 hours if I'm by myself lmao Ashley has school, but maybe she's getting out of it to come if I am gonna be alone.

Then my mom is giving me a LIST of people to call when she comes out lol Oh man this is gonna be a loooooong 4 weeks!

When my mom had her last surgery, I was actually grateful for the quiet time alone while waiting. I brought my laptop and got comfortable on a soft couch. Every now and then I would close my eyes and remind myself how lucky I was to have such an awesome mom. Take deep breaths, Caitlin and have faith that it will all work out. xo

Silver Springs 10-05-2011 03:39 PM

Photobucket

vivfox 10-05-2011 07:26 PM

Caitlin--I'm sending GOOD thoughts to you and your mom! Everything will be just fine.

Love ya!

Enchanted_Stevi 10-05-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 1021667)
Good luck to your mom. Be sure to bring a book or some magazines with you for distraction. I'm sure the surgery might take a while.

JTIS - this thread now has 500 pages. :thumbsup:

ThankS Skcin! I'll probs bring my laptop, sudoku puzzles and word searches with me to keep me busy. They said her surgery will take like 3 hours =|

I hate that its at 1:45pm....I wish it was earlier...like 7 lmao

Enchanted_Stevi 10-05-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 1021687)
When my mom had her last surgery, I was actually grateful for the quiet time alone while waiting. I brought my laptop and got comfortable on a soft couch. Every now and then I would close my eyes and remind myself how lucky I was to have such an awesome mom. Take deep breaths, Caitlin and have faith that it will all work out. xo

I'm definatly gonna bring my laptop with me...right now I am wicked anxious and scared...my stomach has been in knots for days!! So I'm not sure how I am gonna be tomorrow =\ I'll definatly update you guys on here and facebook

I hope I'm as relaxed you were lol

Enchanted_Stevi 10-05-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1021732)
Caitlin--I'm sending GOOD thoughts to you and your mom! Everything will be just fine.

Love ya!

Thanks Mark!! Love ya too! I'll call you tomorrow and let you know how everything went...

holidayroad 10-06-2011 08:15 AM

I hope everything goes well, Caitlin! I know it's hard to relax, but remember that the surgeon is there to do her/his best. Your mother will be in responsible hands.

Enchanted_Stevi 10-06-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 1021832)
I hope everything goes well, Caitlin! I know it's hard to relax, but remember that the surgeon is there to do her/his best. Your mother will be in responsible hands.

Thanks...I know its for the best and the surgeon has never had any malpractice and has been doing this for 30+ years...so I know shes in good hands, but its just scary that their gonna shave some of her hair and open her skull =\ And I'm afraid of what shes gonna look like after...and the WAITING...I'm probs gonna be by myself in the waiting room...

wild-heart 10-06-2011 03:10 PM

Really crap day, my nan got a call from the doctors yesterday after having scans a few days ago and they told her to go up today because it's urgent. They found a shaddow on the lung and they are convinced it's cancer. Soo pretty tough to deal with that right now. I cried on the bus home and felt like such an idiot. Urgh :( I'm trying to stay positive but it's difficult.

Enchanted_Stevi 10-06-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild-heart (Post 1021876)
Really crap day, my nan got a call from the doctors yesterday after having scans a few days ago and they told her to go up today because it's urgent. They found a shaddow on the lung and they are convinced it's cancer. Soo pretty tough to deal with that right now. I cried on the bus home and felt like such an idiot. Urgh :( I'm trying to stay positive but it's difficult.

WOW thats a lot to deal with!!! Stay strong!!

Enchanted_Stevi 10-06-2011 05:08 PM

JTIS...

My mom was brought into surgery an hour ago…so I went downstairs and got some “dinner” now I am back up in the waiting room….waiting…good thing there is wifi and I brought movies!!! My mom was a nervous wreck and crying a lot. I stayed strong as best as I could and didnt cry…Once they sedated her and started bringing her into surgery I cracked….I was standing there watching my mom be wheeled into surgery while I held my lil backpack and laptop bag…with the nurse next to me…I was bawling my eyes out and told her my mom is my everything and how I’m an only child…She said some nice words and gave me a hug…

I am watching “Super Bad” right now….waiting =\ Its gonna be a LOOOOONG night

SuperFleetwood 10-06-2011 07:14 PM

this saturday 2 years ago my freind died in a very nasty car accident in california. :( ive been sad off and on ever since...

vivfox 10-06-2011 08:54 PM

wild-heart, Caitlin and Bobby, I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way this evening and hoping for a speedy recovery of your loved ones and for lost love.

Love, Viv