The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   American Idol: Season 6 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=30822)

skcin 05-16-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer (Post 688161)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jordin "She's Only 17" Sparks: I didn't care for the songs they chose for her. "She Works Hard for the Money"?!?!?!!?! And her favorite song is MMMMBop? :lol: Her vocals are decent, but she is a snoozefest for me.

When they said it was Maroon 5, I lol'd. :lol: I agreewith the song choice for Jordin - that tune's too silly/campy for me in general, let alone when a kid sings it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers (Post 688168)
I actually thought Jordin showed she was fighting to stay in. she added lots of high notes and vocal gymnastics. her voice was crisp and clear. I still don't like her, but I gotta give the girl props. I think she was stupid for saying Mmmbop was her favorite song and I wish she'd stop acting so ****ing fake and stupid.

Blake was ok. I wasn't really knocked out by anything. he's gone.

Melinda tore up the last two songs, but I thought she was way off on I Believe In You and Me. did no one else hear her crack during that one note and then struggle to hit a couple others? I really kinda realized that she doesn't have the range I thought she did. but she really kicked ass on her last two.

Really? I loved Blake! Jordin was spot on, but bored me this week. I did catch Melinda's voice cracking - but so did Lakisha's the other night. :shrug: I really think it was nerves as opposed to vocal ability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 688218)
Interesting night.

Jordin - She's a fake. I really feel zipp sincerity from her when she sings. She's just an actress, and a bad one.

Blake - Now he's more real. I liked what he did tonight.

Melinda - Best of the night.

Who's going home? This is going to be close, real close. I'm hoping Jordin goes home and if not her, Blake.

Agree with all of the above. :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 688226)
Just as the accusation that I singlehandedly ruined The Ledge. It's unfortunate that I am willing to see your side of the situation but you are unwilling to see mine. :shrug:

Good Christ, why can't you just let it go? :rolleyes: You continue to bring this up repeatedly in this thread even after Sugar asked everyone to drop it & they did. You're upset. We get it. If this is a last word thing, then you got it. Happy yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackWidow (Post 688240)
Oh honey..I heard Melinda crack on the Whitney song. She has no head voice is why. Good belter..no upper register. I am shocked she was not called out on that!!! Blake was great..was it enough??? Not sure. Jordin has the edge and fits the Idol model. So...we will see...

Like I said, Lakisha has great range & her voice cracked too. It happens. Melinda hit the high "me" at the end without a problem. :shrug:

I'm honestly not sure who's going. I think it was really close last night - all 3 did really well. I called each number once around 9:45pm EST & got a busy signal for each contestant at one point. After that, I voted several times for Blake & got occasional busy signals - then, same with Melinda. So it's hard to say.

Travis 05-16-2007 12:58 PM

Tonight it's all about seeing Elliott perform for me. In my opinion, the best AI contestant to ever grace that stage. He’s so humble and genuine and simply one of the most gifted singers. And I'm seeing him tomorrow night in Alexandria, VA :)

http://elliott-yamin.org/images/elliottalbumcover.jpg http://elliott-yamin.org/images/waitforyou.jpg

JazmenFlowers 05-16-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 688398)
Really? I loved Blake! Jordin was spot on, but bored me this week. I did catch Melinda's voice cracking - but so did Lakisha's the other night. :shrug: I really think it was nerves as opposed to vocal ability.

yeah, I loved Blake too, but I guess what I meant is that I don't think it was enough to keep him from going home. with respect to Melinda, I agree it was probably nerves and maybe that isn't a good indication of her range, but I still think that her range isn't what I initially thought it was. I actually agree with BW...I don't think she has much of a head voice. I'm not knocking her really though, just pointing out an observation, cause I love her miles above Jordin.

if Jordin flashes her hand heart or her numbers to dial one more time I swear I'm gonna go through the TV and slap her nose ring outta her nose.

BlackWidow 05-16-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 688380)
He's doing fine- I thought for sure you'd be on your way over since I'm leaving for a girl's trip tomorrow morning. :lol:

We have a gameplan....:nod: :nod:

BlackWidow 05-16-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers (Post 688419)
yeah, I loved Blake too, but I guess what I meant is that I don't think it was enough to keep him from going home. with respect to Melinda, I agree it was probably nerves and maybe that isn't a good indication of her range, but I still think that her range isn't what I initially thought it was. I actually agree with BW...I don't think she has much of a head voice. I'm not knocking her really though, just pointing out an observation, cause I love her miles above Jordin.

if Jordin flashes her hand heart or her numbers to dial one more time I swear I'm gonna go through the TV and slap her nose ring outta her nose.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-16-2007 09:18 PM

The final two...

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

JazmenFlowers 05-16-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 688550)
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

you can ****ing say that again. wow. just wow.

UnwindedDreams 05-16-2007 09:39 PM

I want Jordin to win but I'm thinking Blake for the win.

Richard B 05-16-2007 09:43 PM

I'm shocked (yes, I saw an east coast feed). I guess this is really ultimately just a poplularity contest.

Sarah 05-16-2007 09:54 PM

i like jordin and i'm glad she's staying, but voting melinda off? wtf is america thinking? style aside, blake really isn't that cute. his nose is a deal breaker looks-wise, and his voice is completely uninteresting to me. beatboxing? come on. seriously. i don't even want to watch next week in the event that he wins. :rolleyes:

GardenStateGirlie 05-16-2007 11:54 PM

blake's okay but i was hoping to see jordin and melinda in the final two. i'm honestly not sure what will happen -- though blake apparently has a huge fan following so he may win.

Michelle Daya 05-17-2007 12:02 AM

america sucks

may not watch again

stupid

just stupid

SpyNote 05-17-2007 12:05 AM

Disappointing. But not surprising. Maybe Melinda will turn out to be this year's Chris Daughtry, and sell millions of CDs anyway.

GardenStateGirlie 05-17-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 688592)
Disappointing. But not surprising. Maybe Melinda will turn out to be this year's Chris Daughtry, and sell millions of CDs anyway.

daughtry is kicking ass on the charts -- can you imagine the kind of music they would have forced that kid to make had he won? melinda is better off.

Livia 05-17-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Daya (Post 688590)
america sucks

may not watch again

stupid

just stupid

ITA - America picked Taylor Hicks! :eek: