The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "There's gold dust in the air" Live Nation announcement coming on 1/23 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59838)

SteveMacD 01-23-2023 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1281837)
As expected, just a hits tour with nothing new.

I just read something covering the announcement and it mentioned that it’s her first outing since Christine’s death. I really hope that’s not going to be a marketing angle for the tour, but the cynic in me suspects it will be.

BombaySapphire3 01-23-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1281850)
I just read something covering the announcement and it mentioned that it’s her first outing since Christine’s death. I really hope that’s not going to be a marketing angle for the tour, but the cynic in me suspects it will be.

When it comes to Stevie( or Mick )there is no shame in their game.

BigAl84 01-23-2023 07:07 PM

Will there be a Christine cover/tribute in addition to the Tom Petty one!? She’ll probably do All Over Again by herself, I can’t see her doing something new.

elle 01-23-2023 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1281854)
Will there be a Christine cover/tribute in addition to the Tom Petty one!? She’ll probably do All Over Again by herself, I can’t see her doing something new.

it will be Don't Stop. she only picks hits.

SteveMacD 01-23-2023 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1281855)
it will be Don't Stop. she only picks hits.

Plus, she’s already done it with her solo band.

BombaySapphire3 01-23-2023 08:36 PM

I am thinking that because it is a solo tour she should honor Christine's solo career by performing and reeanacting the upbeat rock song and video for Love Will Show Us How. For the le grand finale a huge UFO space ship hovering overhead snaps it's cords and comes crashing down !

bwboy 01-23-2023 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1281850)

Other media outlets may bring that up, and I have no doubt Stevie will speak about Christine during interviews for the tour, but no way will marketing for her tour mention Christine.

And again, I think you’re spot on that Stevie will perform Don’t Stop as a tribute to Christine, especially on the dates with Billy Joel.

elle 01-23-2023 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1281856)
Plus, she’s already done it with her solo band.

was Mick drumming? i remember he was at the event, and she volunteered to do it because Fleetwood Mac could not (Lindsey was on solo tour on that exact date, people were discussing whether he should have cancelled those solo dates instead and screw over fans who had tickets).

SteveMacD 01-24-2023 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1281863)
was Mick drumming? i remember he was at the event, and she volunteered to do it because Fleetwood Mac could not (Lindsey was on solo tour on that exact date, people were discussing whether he should have cancelled those solo dates instead and screw over fans who had tickets).

No Mick on drums. It was 2008 and some type of thing for Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFHp0fYkkGY

Macfan4life 01-24-2023 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1281854)

I wish she would stop with these memorials. First Prince, then Tom and probably Chris?
I can see when its one or 2 days after their passing but making them a year long road trip makes it less about them and more about her.

bwboy 01-24-2023 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1281873)
I wish she would stop with these memorials. First Prince, then Tom and probably Chris?
I can see when its one or 2 days after their passing but making them a year long road trip makes it less about them and more about her.

Oh wow, see I think it can be cathartic to do a tribute to someone. More importantly, it keeps Christine’s memory alive by celebrating her song and her life.

BigAl84 01-24-2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1281873)

I agree. It’s really surprising just how many covers she’s had in her set going all the way back to Circle Dance / Crash in ‘05 and ‘07.

UnwindedDreams 01-24-2023 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1281881)
I agree. It’s really surprising just how many covers she’s had in her set going all the way back to Circle Dance / Crash in ‘05 and ‘07.

If she does the same set as last year and adds Songbird or Don't Stop, that would be four covers in one show!

elle 01-24-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1281867)
No Mick on drums. It was 2008 and some type of thing for Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFHp0fYkkGY

2011, Clinton's 65 bday bash. Lady Gaga and others performed.

https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/201...d-to-play.html

Bill Clinton can't quit Fleetwood Mac. As you'll remember, his campaign theme song was "Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow)." His favorite band still is the big Mac, says guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

So Clinton asked the band -- which is sometimes together, sometimes not -- to play Friday at his 65th birthday gala at the Hollywood Palladium. (His actual birthday was Aug. 19.)

Buckingham said no, but not for political reasons.

"I was gonna have to cancel two weeks of shows" to do it, he tells me, "because we'd have to go rehearse. It just wasn't possible."

So Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks offered to perform for Clinton, instead.

SteveMacD 01-24-2023 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1281881)

So, we’re not counting “I Need To Know” anymore?