The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Songbird album first listen (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59585)

HomerMcvie 07-03-2022 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1275802)
Or maybe Stevie's trainer has been working her to death and didn't have time to get off the treadmill. Stevie told her new music does not sell so why bother.

Oh that $tevie, $he's a visionary!

jbrownsjr 07-05-2022 11:51 AM

This album is dumb. That's all I got.

aleuzzi 07-06-2022 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1275850)
This album is dumb. That's all I got.

Makes no sense. An odd swan song. But not odd enough.

The two “new” old songs are welcome, though.

Street_Dreamer 07-07-2022 03:07 PM

I listened to The Challenge because it's my favorite of Christine's solo songs and was extremely disappointed. It's just devoid of the spirit and heart of the original. The echoes in the song might be a bit corny or dated but that's part of what why I love it. And it's even worse without Lindsey's vocals at the end.

I'd love to have a real remix of the original song not the debacle I just heard. I'll wait until the CD arrives before I listen to the rest but I hope it doesn't get worse.

BLY 07-07-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1275885)
I listened to The Challenge because it's my favorite of Christine's solo songs and was extremely disappointed. It's just devoid of the spirit and heart of the original. The echoes in the song might be a bit corny or dated but that's part of what why I love it. And it's even worse without Lindsey's vocals at the end.

I'd love to have a real remix of the original song not the debacle I just heard. I'll wait until the CD arrives before I listen to the rest but I hope it doesn't get worse.

The worst part is dropping Lindsey’s vocals at the end of The Challenge while I was hoping it would have been more prominent. If this is her solo swan song….it was a missed opportunity not to include some Christine Perfect songs and her biggest hit Got a Hold on Me.

jbrownsjr 07-07-2022 06:39 PM

Gosh, I have to go back and listen to his backing vocals again. I don't remember them being that prominent. However, those two sound so much alike.

FMM2 07-07-2022 09:41 PM

Collection Misses These 4 Songs... A Crime I Say!

Hi all,

The following 4 songs should have been on that album. Who do we contact so we can yell at them for these omissions?

1. I'd Rather Go Blind
2. Close To Me
3. Got A Hold On Me
4. Love Will Show Us How

Seriously!

FMM2

FMM2 07-07-2022 09:49 PM

Oops! Some more

Okay,

Forgot to mention "You Are, " and "Too Far Gone", "Red Sun" and "Carnival Begin" from her duet record with Lindsey!

FMM2

HomerMcvie 07-08-2022 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMM2 (Post 1275899)
Okay,

Forgot to mention "You Are, " and "Too Far Gone", "Red Sun" and "Carnival Begin" from her duet record with Lindsey!

FMM2

DUET record? You mean the FLEETWOOD MAC record that they had to RENAME, due to the Old Goat refusing to participate?

jbrownsjr 07-09-2022 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMM2 (Post 1275898)
Hi all,

The following 4 songs should have been on that album. Who do we contact so we can yell at them for these omissions?

1. I'd Rather Go Blind
2. Close To Me
3. Got A Hold On Me
4. Love Will Show Us How

Seriously!

FMM2

Yes, agree 100%

aleuzzi 07-10-2022 11:12 PM

The erasure of Lindsey’s harmonies on “The Challenge” and Mick’s drumming on “Ask Anybody”—I’m wondering if this could somehow be connected to $ they might have to be paid if those songs got released “as is” again. I don’t know—but two other key CM songs with Lindsey’s involvement (“Got a Hold On Me” and “Smile”) are entirely absent. Not sure if this is just a coincidence...