The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey on Marc Maron (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59304)

HomerMcvie 08-13-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268811)
That would be a really profound, organic re-cycled turn of events.

Meh, he'd just Smirk At You, and you'd bant him from The Ledge.

tango87 08-14-2021 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268808)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Couldn't be me. I LIKE Lindsey!

And I get dizzy and throw up when I spin!!!!(seriously - I can't even ride rides at amusement parks)

Then this is our perfect chance to get the band back together! If you replaced her, we'd get a new album and no more crackhead dances!

HomerMcvie 08-14-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango87 (Post 1268814)
Then this is our perfect chance to get the band back together! If you replaced her, we'd get a new album and no more crackhead dances!

Well let's tape down the jingles on my tambourine, and I'll take some Dramamine, and it's on.

WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER!!!!:blob2::blob1::blob2::blob1::blob2:

jbrownsjr 08-14-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268812)

Wait, why do I have to be goat? I'm the thin blonde pretending to play keyboards.

HomerMcvie 08-14-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268820)
Wait, why do I have to be goat? I'm the thin blonde pretending to play keyboards.

I truly want to know if it's more mental or physical. I'm guessing the latter. Probably arthritis.

jbrownsjr 08-14-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268822)
I truly want to know if it's more mental or physical. I'm guessing the latter. Probably arthritis.

Alex Lifeson of Rush was talking about (interview) how serious arthritis is for a musician. I hope I don't have to go through that. My back gets tight sitting at the piano for long periods. Plus, I needed an excuse not to practice. :laugh:

HomerMcvie 08-14-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268823)
Alex Lifeson of Rush was talking about (interview) how serious arthritis is for a musician. I hope I don't have to go through that. My back gets tight sitting at the piano for long periods. Plus, I needed an excuse not to practice. :laugh:

Oh, I've got it(in my hands). I think it's more of a problem for guitarists than keyboardists. My band is playing tonight...I take 4 Advils about an hour before we start. After a couple stiff drinks I barely notice it!:lol::lol: (I'm being serious)

bombaysaffires 08-14-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1268812)

oh how I wish he'd write an actual song with that title!!! :thumbsup:

"my first mistake
was to smirk at you...
(smirk at you...)"

HomerMcvie 08-14-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1268828)
oh how I wish he'd write an actual song with that title!!! :thumbsup:

"my first mistake
was to smirk at you...
(smirk at you...)"

Wouldn't that be the ultimate snub?

michelej1 08-15-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetdudejim (Post 1268686)
Perhaps the wording was a bit unclear. The sentence was a bit of a run-on. But yeah, English is indeed my first language. I don’t post a lot here for whatever reason but wanted to pitch in on this topic. However after this exchange, I’m getting the feeling I’m not welcome here. Yeesh.

No, you're quite welcome here. I've enjoyed your observations and your meaning was clear.

Judging from the arrangement of Sentimental Lady I think Lindsey and Welch might have worked quite well together. If Christine had brought a song like Ebony Eyes into the studio for him to produce he would have eaten it up.

jbrownsjr 08-15-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1268837)
No, you're quite welcome here. I've enjoyed your observations and your meaning was clear.

Judging from the arrangement of Sentimental Lady I think Lindsey and Welch might have worked quite well together. If Christine had brought a song like Ebony Eyes into the studio for him to produce he would have eaten it up.

I agree that Welch/McVie/Buckingham was a great team. Sentimental Lady was produced by those three. And you can hear it.