The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CONFIRMED: Chris is performing in the UK! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52599)

jbrownsjr 09-17-2013 09:17 AM

I'm still is disbelief... it's awesome

applebucked 09-17-2013 09:42 AM

at this point, Anything is Possible! :p

jbrownsjr 09-17-2013 09:45 AM

I just have this feeling that she wants to record with them again..

fairydust75 09-17-2013 11:46 AM

Christine looks lovely, glad to see her look so happy. Love that Stevie, Mick, and Chris are getting some hang time. Stevie looks so happy to have her BFF by her side. They have always hung on each other and their friendship is timeless. :thumbsup:

applebucked 09-18-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairydust75 (Post 1103481)
Christine looks lovely, glad to see her look so happy. Love that Stevie, Mick, and Chris are getting some hang time. Stevie looks so happy to have her BFF by her side. They have always hung on each other and their friendship is timeless. :thumbsup:

Someone should teach both of them how to use Skype. Really.

Also, can I just say that I love how Chris has toned down the eyeliner nowadays? It's a lot more subtle now than how she wore it before. She doesn't need it.

TheWILDheart 09-24-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1103026)
i don't get this, why is everybody expecting Christine to fly from UK to Ireland?? isn't she supposed to be afraid of flying? i've been to Ireland a number of times, and it never even occurred to me to fly there from the UK (and yes, i don't like flying either).

How the heck do you think she got to Maui earlier this year?

Being half Irish, I fly back and forth from Ireland a lot for family visits. The flying time is 25 minutes, compared to 9 hours to get to the states. I guess she figured if she could fly to Maui, she could certainly get to Ireland.

applebucked 09-24-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1104389)
How the heck do you think she got to Maui earlier this year?

Being half Irish, I fly back and forth from Ireland a lot for family visits. The flying time is 25 minutes, compared to 9 hours to get to the states. I guess she figured if she could fly to Maui, she could certainly get to Ireland.

True but she has an option not to fly to Ireland. With Maui, she didn't have a choice. If I had the same anxiety issues with flying as she does, I sure as hell would avoid it whenever possible.

jbrownsjr 09-24-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1104399)
True but she has an option not to fly to Ireland. With Maui, she didn't have a choice. If I had the same anxiety issues with flying as she does, I sure as hell would avoid it whenever possible.

John Madden, football announcer managed to almost never fly in his long career. He was deathly afraid.

In Christine's case I don't think it's as extreme as Stevie makes it out to be. Just another thing to say as to why I quit the band.

She flew to NYC for the ITM promos.

applebucked 09-24-2013 07:51 PM

Maybe before (as in during The Dance) it was quite a huge fear. Now it's probably a big, big nuisance.

Or she took some Xanax when she embarked on her plane rides. :lol:

HomerMcvie 09-25-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1104427)
John Madden, football announcer managed to almost never fly in his long career. He was deathly afraid.

In Christine's case I don't think it's as extreme as Stevie makes it out to be. Just another thing to say as to why I quit the band.

She flew to NYC for the ITM promos.

I agree, on Stevie's stance. Do people actually listen to her?

But I too, am TERRIFIED of flying. I CAN do it, but GD, I fcking HATE it. Scares the bejeesus outta me!

applebucked 09-25-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1104451)
I agree, on Stevie's stance. Do people actually listen to her?

But I too, am TERRIFIED of flying. I CAN do it, but GD, I fcking HATE it. Scares the bejeesus outta me!

I gave up on Stevie speak lessons a long time ago.

And your stance is probably close to Christine's feelings regarding flying.

ejb1969 09-25-2013 07:32 AM

I don't mind flying; its all the airport bs that irritates me. Perhaps Chris' issue was that she couldn't smoke during the flights. I don't know if its allowed on charters or not. But I think she was still smoking (or had quit and started again) during the Dance.

Just a thought.

applebucked 09-25-2013 07:51 AM

I believe she quit for five years, then started again during The Dance. I don't know if she has quit again by now, but I hope she tried again.