The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New album titled Lindsey Buckingham spring 2021 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58994)

Macfan4life 02-16-2021 08:11 AM

OMG everyone calm down LOL
It will be released when he's ready. Tours promote albums so I think its too early to release. Nothing wrong with a late 2021 release and tour to shortly follow.

Macfan4life 02-16-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1264529)
It’s stupid to wait at this point. He’s old dude from legacy band. Beyond his diehard fans who were already buying his album, nobody’s clamoring for a Lindsey Buckingham album. And waiting until every other artist or band tries to go back out on tour? Good luck with that. Lindsey is operating on a model that hasn’t existed in about 20 years. If he doesn’t release it now, he might as well overdub Mick in and call it Fleetwood Buckingham, because the “Fleetwood” name is the only way he wouldn’t get completely lost in what will be a completely oversaturated market.

Maybe he can do the same trick he used to make Little Lies a big hit.

:)

SteveMacD 02-16-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1264535)
Maybe he can do the same trick he used to make Little Lies a big hit.

:)

Hard to leave the band when he’s already been fired. ;)

UnwindedDreams 02-16-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1264537)
Hard to leave the band when he’s already been fired. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryeHPPypACk

elle 02-16-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1264533)
I have no idea if Lindsey has any control over the release of his album- I always thought the record companies made those decisions.

i'm not sure in Lindsey's case. we know he's really bad with marketing and advertising himself, which is partly why i think he trusts his new management / Rhino, and why he sold his publishing - including 50 % of any new stuff going forward - to a company that he hopes will place it better than he would.

when you look at some of the people he collaborated with lately, a lot seems to be coming through Rhino / WBs, and also Brandy Clark i think is a fan (there were pics of her and Lindsey backstage at some show he went to see and she was gushing over him at the time).

at M&Gs back in 2018, Lindsey told some fans that the album is done and Rhino is holding it back to add some duets with younger artists on it. that can go either way of course - Lindsey trusting WBs got us no original GOS and waiting for FM/SYW forever. but i would love to see some interesting collaborations and unlike LB, many of those collaborators are usually great in advertising and social media. which is nice for cementing his legendary status (it's not exactly what Mike Murphy did for SN with AHS on her edge of 70, but still very nice).

that all said i'm with everyone who is saying that either whole album - or at least several singles - should be released during this year / in the pandemic, instead of waiting for the flood of releases when vaccine herd immunity (hopefully!!) kicks in.

ryan4136 02-18-2021 10:28 AM

I'd love to hear new music too, but I'm not all that annoyed by him waiting so he can tour behind it, which very well could be 2022 now. I've had much bigger dissappointments the past year.

With that said I hope he's recording like a MF with all this downtime, I'd love to believe he's got 3-4 albums worth of material ready to go now.

BLY 02-18-2021 11:39 AM

With that said I hope he's recording like a MF with all this downtime, I'd love to believe he's got 3-4 albums worth of material ready to go now.[/QUOTE]

That is why he needs to get this one out. He is in his early seventies. Time is a tickin.😎

lbfan 02-19-2021 09:51 AM

COVID-19 Downtime

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1264624)
I'd love to hear new music too, but I'm not all that annoyed by him waiting so he can tour behind it, which very well could be 2022 now. I've had much bigger dissappointments the past year.

With that said I hope he's recording like a MF with all this downtime, I'd love to believe he's got 3-4 albums worth of material ready to go now.

During the recent Q&A, he said he has not been working on any new music, but that it comes in cycles and expected to get back in the studio soon.

TrueFaith77 04-26-2021 09:24 AM

Still think it is happening in Spring?

I’m still surprised that he had not been writing new material so I guess he can use the time.

BigAl84 04-26-2021 12:22 PM

Unfortunately, when we hear this album probably all hinges on whatever the heck is decided about Fleetwood Mac. I know, insert groan here...

I'd much rather they put a fork in Fleetwood Mac and if Mick still wants to make music with Lindsey, make Buckingham McVie II. It would be better than a Fleetwood Mac album anyways, plus 99% less drama. If John doesn't want to play bass on it, get somebody else. Just do SOMETHING.

I'm telling you right now, they'll (mick, promoters, legal teams) will spend the majority of whats left of 2021 and 2022 on convincing band members to partake in a big reunion tour...again.

BLY 04-26-2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1266555)
Unfortunately, when we hear this album probably all hinges on whatever the heck is decided about Fleetwood Mac. I know, insert groan here...

I'd much rather they put a fork in Fleetwood Mac and if Mick still wants to make music with Lindsey, make Buckingham McVie II. It would be better than a Fleetwood Mac album anyways, plus 99% less drama. If John doesn't want to play bass on it, get somebody else. Just do SOMETHING.

I'm telling you right now, they'll (mick, promoters, legal teams) will spend the majority of whats left of 2021 and 2022 on convincing band members to partake in a big reunion tour...again.

At this point Lindsey needs to release this album. The recent press Mick speaks of a Fleetwood Mac tour inviting “everyone” is just promotion for his Peter Green tribute release. The ship has sailed. The live band show is done.

UnwindedDreams 04-26-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1266561)
At this point Lindsey needs to release this album. The recent press Mick speaks of a Fleetwood Mac tour inviting “everyone” is just promotion for his Peter Green tribute release. The ship has sailed. The live band show is done.

Wonder if he should just do digital release. I think you're right about live band show. Mick said in a new interview that he got himself into hotwater when he publicly expressed his wish for Lindsey to return to the band.
Stevie's done with Lindsey. He's just a subject for her conversations now. She's done with any FM artistry: no new music with them.

jbrownsjr 04-26-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266562)
Wonder if he should just do digital release. I think you're right about live band show. Mick said in a new interview that he got himself into hotwater when he publicly expressed his wish for Lindsey to return to the band.
Stevie's done with Lindsey. He's just a subject for her conversations now. She's done with any FM artistry: no new music with them.

Which interview?

UnwindedDreams 04-26-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1266564)
Which interview?

Here you go beloved JBrowns:angel:
https://www.spreaker.com/user/120841...ood-final-edit

HomerMcvie 04-26-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1266555)

Second this.

Buck Vie is the best we can hope for. It would be my preference, anyway. But Mick wants his $tevie money. He'll never be happy with making a few thousand a night.

I hope FM is DONE as a touring entity.