The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

vivfox 01-16-2015 10:31 PM

I heard Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You on the car radio today, coming from a Catholic radio station that specializes in obscure classic rock songs.

jcalzaretta 02-02-2015 08:40 AM

Unexpected Mac

Sitting in the W restaurant in midtown - NYC. Working. Playing music although not loud. You know you just hear something that makes you stop working and concentrate because it sounds so familiar. But not loud so you have to pay attention. It was the classic Gypsy. And I thought. Damn - this is a great sound that has really held up (for an 80s song). It is gorgeous. Just love it.

So I was happy.

Then two or three songs later, the same thing happened. It was Station Man. Holy cow. What a rare treat. It reminded me of the early concerns where Stevie and Lindsey sang it. What a great song.

This morning is starting off pretty darn good!

welcomechris 02-02-2015 09:17 AM

Say You Will in McDonalds this morning

jbrownsjr 02-02-2015 10:13 AM

Apple Store in Northridge, CA Don't Stop

Wdm6789 02-05-2015 08:29 PM

I was in the checkout line at the grocery store and I was glancing at the celebrity gossip magazines. I noticed one of them had a little article about Stevie Nicks. I flipped open to the page the article was on and as soon as I got to her page, Over My Head started playing in the grocery store. What are the odds of that? It made me smile to myself.

Montclare 02-05-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1160151)
I was in the checkout line at the grocery store and I was glancing at the celebrity gossip magazines. I noticed one of them had a little article about Stevie Nicks. I flipped open to the page the article was on and as soon as I got to her page, Over My Head started playing in the grocery store. What are the odds of that? It made me smile to myself.

Last week I was at CVS and saw Stevie's Rolling Stones cover. Dreams was playing in the store when I spotted it.

lovethemac1 02-06-2015 12:21 AM

Big Love while getting my hair cut. Hairdresser had to ask me to stop moving so much, it was making it hard to cut my hair. I was dancing in the chair.

Dr.Brown 02-06-2015 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1160166)
Big Love while getting my hair cut. Hairdresser had to ask me to stop moving so much, it was making it hard to cut my hair. I was dancing in the chair.

Careful, or those ooh's and aah's won't be coming from the sound system.:p

PenguinHead 02-06-2015 03:19 AM

I heard Hold Me in Fred Meyers supermarket today. Such a nice song - a rare Christine/Lindsey duet - but so overlooked by the band despite being a big hit; one the highlights of the Mirage album.

I saw them perform the song in 1982. Instead of the Hold Meeeeee on the record, they sang Hold me yeah! It's so odd that they perform all of their hits, but not this one! I think it would have a great performance circa 1987-1990 as a duet with Billy Burnette.

Wdm6789 02-07-2015 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1160173)
I heard Hold Me in Fred Meyers supermarket today. Such a nice song - a rare Christine/Lindsey duet - but so overlooked by the band despite being a big hit; one the highlights of the Mirage album.

I saw them perform the song in 1982. Instead of the Hold Meeeeee on the record, they sang Hold me yeah! It's so odd that they perform all of their hits, but not this one! I think it would have a great performance circa 1987-1990 as a duet with Billy Burnette.

^ This, except for the last part. It needs Lindsey. I wish they were playing Hold Me on this tour. This would have been the perfect opportunity to resurrect that song.

James89 02-07-2015 07:26 AM

I was watching one of my favourite programmes on Sky1 last night, Stella, and Go Your Own Way was played in its entirety for one of the scenes. I was really surprised that they played so much of it but it was a great addition to a great programme.

DauphineMarie 02-17-2015 11:01 PM

I heard Stop Draggin' My Heart Around in Goodwill... one of the blokes there was mopping and started singing along lol.

jbrownsjr 02-17-2015 11:09 PM

Trouble in a deli in Manhattan....

lovethemac1 02-17-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1160172)
Careful, or those ooh's and aah's won't be coming from the sound system.:p

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Montclare 02-21-2015 04:11 PM

Think About Me in the same CVS where Dreams was playing last time.