The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   TMZ reports Kristen & Lindsey may be divorcing (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59278)

bombaysaffires 06-16-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1267799)
It was a very sweet announcement. Lindsey just stood there and smiled — or smirked. Stella can go and find it on YouTube, which is a wonderful memento to have of your entrance to the world.

I wonder what Lindsey was doing with his paternity leave? It’s hard to imagine him up at night holding a crying newborn.

You know I would always argue against the forced granny sweater claim by pointing out that Stevie also wore that sweater outside of Fleetwood Mac. When she gets a favorite outfit, like that blouse with the holes in the shoulder, she tends to wear it off stage as well as on stage. Of course her fans explained that even though Lindsey forced her into the sweater she also wore it off stage as well because she didn’t have anything else to wear. What???

she in fact refers to whatever outfit she likes as her "little uniform" that relieves her of the 'stress of figuring out what to wear every night'. So yeah.... no one is telling her what to wear onstage or off. Hell, she tells the story of when she was dating Curry "my boyfriend was our lighting director" and he swore that people could see through her outfit onstage and he didn't like it. She argued back that she was wearing stage underwear, stockings, then her leotard, with skirt(s) over it and then capes etc so she told him, no one can see anything; they may THINK they can but they can't, and you're not the boss of me when I'm onstage so bugger off. I mean, that was back in the 70s even before any of her solo success.... you don't think now that SHE is in her 70s and a LEGEND is going to let anyone, let alone the smirker:eek: tell her what to wear.......:distress:

UnwindedDreams 06-16-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1267799)
You know I would always argue against the forced granny sweater claim by pointing out that Stevie also wore that sweater outside of Fleetwood Mac. When she gets a favorite outfit, like that blouse with the holes in the shoulder, she tends to wear it off stage as well as on stage. Of course her fans explained that even though Lindsey forced her into the sweater she also wore it off stage as well because she didn’t have anything else to wear. What???

The cherry on top is that SYW Tour had the most colorful shawls, kimono, gloves, boots et al whereas people make like the only thing she wore was a cardigan. 2018 had nothing like that. Just recycling.

Another one of Stevie's onstage/offstage was the Rock and Roll 05 pants set but no top hat.

michelej1 06-16-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267800)
she in fact refers to whatever outfit she likes as her "little uniform" that relieves her of the 'stress of figuring out what to wear every night'. So yeah.... no one is telling her what to wear onstage or off. Hell, she tells the story of when she was dating Curry "my boyfriend was our lighting director" and he swore that people could see through her outfit onstage and he didn't like it. She argued back that she was wearing stage underwear, stockings, then her leotard, with skirt(s) over it and then capes etc so she told him, no one can see anything; they may THINK they can but they can't, and you're not the boss of me when I'm onstage so bugger off. I mean, that was back in the 70s even before any of her solo success.... you don't think now that SHE is in her 70s and a LEGEND is going to let anyone, let alone the smirker:eek: tell her what to wear.......:distress:

She said Lindsey didn’t like her outfits when they first joined Fleetwood Mac either and she didn’t pay any attention to him, then. Why start suddenly obeying him in 2003? I guess she was just trying to keep the peace because …. She didn’t argue with Lindsey at all during the entire SYW process. She just went all Ghandi.

But he’s always been jealous about other people looking at her chest I guess. Except when he was complicit in having her be topless for the BN shoot. I guess he wanted everyone to see those, then.:shrug:

rhiannondontgo 06-17-2021 02:20 AM

Looks like some updated documents were released. In them, Kristen cited irreconcilable differences. It notates that they’ve been living apart since at least January ‘21. They agree on split custody of the one minor child, and Kristen is requesting spousal support.

onlynow 06-17-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo (Post 1267808)
Looks like some updated documents were released. In them, Kristen cited irreconcilable differences. It notates that they’ve been living apart since at least January ‘21. They agree on split custody of the one minor child, and Kristen is requesting spousal support.

Do you have a link for this info?

onlynow 06-17-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

ET and MSN say 6/3 separation, irreconcilable differences. https://www.etonline.com/fleetwood-m...arriage-167063

michelej1 06-17-2021 08:53 AM

Joint legal and physical custody is good. Amicable. Of course, the child is old enough to decide where she wants to be herself, for the most part.

anusha 06-17-2021 09:31 AM

Typically for people seeking a divorce based on irreconcilable differences, one fact that is stated is that you've been living apart for six months, so it's possible and maybe even likely that they've been living apart longer than that.

It seems like they've worked through the big issues, and I'm guessing that for the sake of their kids, they will figure the rest out without too much difficulty. It strikes me as sad to see a family split apart like that, and also for Lindsey to go through another tough transition. But hopefully there are better days ahead.

onlynow 06-17-2021 01:41 PM

If she’s seeking spousal support, does that mean they didn’t have a prenup?

David 06-17-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Kristen is requesting spousal support.

I had hoped they would reconcile. Or at least do one last California Home+Design spread.

michelej1 06-17-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlynow (Post 1267819)
If she’s seeking spousal support, does that mean they didn’t have a prenup?

Even if they did have a prenup it typically would not cover a marriage of this lasting duration. It would encompass the first five or ten years of marriage.

onlynow 06-17-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1267823)
Even if they did have a prenup it typically would not cover a marriage of this lasting duration. It would encompass the first five or ten years of marriage.

Thank you, you’re educating me! 😀

bombaysaffires 06-17-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

well, that certainly tells us how well the interior design business is going... def not going to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed....

Storms123 06-17-2021 10:53 PM

Oh gimme a break.... she's probably hookin up with someone at the horse farm!

HomerMcvie 06-17-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1267831)
Oh gimme a break.... she's probably hookin up with someone at the horse farm!

Isn't she a LOT younger than him? Da Googles says 51. That's still? prime time for a woman. Maybe he....

I've theorized before that maybe his life threatening episode changed his priorities? He certainly wouldn't be the first.

Storms123 06-18-2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267834)
Isn't she a LOT younger than him? Da Googles says 51. That's still? prime time for a woman. Maybe he....

I've theorized before that maybe his life threatening episode changed his priorities? He certainly wouldn't be the first.

Completely agree. Priorities change, and perhaps, with the kids practically out of the house (almost), they realize how little they have in common?

Macfan4life 06-18-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267834)

That is so true. Lindsey saw his dad and brother die young because of hereditary heart problems. He had fear his whole life and then it happened and he survived. He could have died or survived and lost his voice. He recovered and having survived does change you. His wife was so loyal to him when he was fired and she came out swinging. She could have just let the endless fighting in the band be like any other day. Yet she made it known how poorly he was treated. It seemed Lindsey took it better than his wife. Lindsey has changed over the years. He never wanted to be part of a big money machine but embraced the big money machine for the last 20 years with the Mac. Remember the Cream magazine interview from 1982 where Lindsey said he saw his future of not touring when he turned 40. He changed and we all change. We owe them the privacy they deserve and I have no interest in what happened. Their marriage lasted many times longer than other rock stars.

onlynow 06-18-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1267838)
That is so true. Lindsey saw his dad and brother die young because of hereditary heart problems. He had fear his whole live and then it happened and he survived. He could have died or survived and lost his voice. He recovered and having survived does change you. His wife was so loyal to him when he was fired and she came out swinging. She could have just let the endless fighting in the band be like any other day. Yet she made it known how poorly he was treated. It seemed Lindsey took it better than his wife. Lindsey has changed over the years. He never wanted to be part of a big money machine but embraced the big money machine for the last 20 years with the Mac. Remember the Cream magazine interview from 1982 where Lindsey said he saw his future of not touring when he turned 40. He changed and we all change. We owe them the privacy they deserve and I have no interest in what happened. Their marriage lasted many times longer than other rock stars.

I’m interested from the standpoint of understanding what Lindsey is or isn’t going through. Maybe he’ll talk about it if he wants to and even write songs about it at some point.

bwboy 06-18-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267827)
well, that certainly tells us how well the interior design business is going... def not going to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed....

I doubt she worked at all the past 2 years, considering her husband won a substantial financial settlement from FM, then he had a serious heart attack, and then of course Covid- no one was hiring an interior decorator during a pandemic. And I bet when Christine got a divorce, she paid her ex spousal support or a big settlement. That’s all part of the gamble when you get married. But I think Lindsey will get by with what he has, just like Christine did.

michelej1 06-18-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlynow (Post 1267841)
I’m interested from the standpoint of understanding what Lindsey is or isn’t going through. Maybe he’ll talk about it if he wants to and even write songs about it at some point.

I'm interested from the standpoint that I'm very nosy.

The truth is, Kristin never had to work. She obviously wanted her design business because she wanted creative fulfillment and had this thing about pears and picture frames that she needed to get out of her system.

bombaysaffires 06-18-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1267845)
I'm interested from the standpoint that I'm very nosy.

The truth is, Kristin never had to work. She obviously wanted her design business because she wanted creative fulfillment and had this thing about pears and picture frames that she needed to get out of her system.

Yep.
And yep. :)
Though to be fair, raising 3 kids is work...let's face it he was on the road so much of their lives. That said, she referenced in some interview that she 'managed it all' by having an 'amazing staff' so... But THAT said, we've not heard any salacious stories about any of them (which, granted doesn't mean there aren't any) which is a pretty admirable accomplishment raising rich brats in LA. As Jackie Kennedy famously said, "If you mess up raising your kids, nothing else you do really matter". Their kids don't seem so far to have turned out messed up so I'll give her kudos for that.

button-lip 06-18-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlynow (Post 1267743)
Any particular posts you’re thinking of when you say things looked like they weren’t ok before his firing/heart attack?

Her IG's posts from 2017 before he was fired. You couldn't find him anywhere no matter how hard you tried. I remember that post with a collage by the end of 2017 with the horses, the dogs, the kids and the fireworks at the Dodger Stadium. Yep, the horses but no Lindsey at all. :lol::lol:

michelej1 06-19-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1267857)
Yep.
And yep. :)
Though to be fair, raising 3 kids is work...let's face it he was on the road so much of their lives. That said, she referenced in some interview that she 'managed it all' by having an 'amazing staff' so... But THAT said, we've not heard any salacious stories about any of them (which, granted doesn't mean there aren't any) which is a pretty admirable accomplishment raising rich brats in LA. As Jackie Kennedy famously said, "If you mess up raising your kids, nothing else you do really matter". Their kids don't seem so far to have turned out messed up so I'll give her kudos for that.

Yeah, the girls seem really great. The boy may be a handful, but look: his dad was sitting on the floor smoking hash for most of his twenties, so what do yo expect?

michelej1 06-19-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1267859)
Her IG's posts from 2017 before he was fired. You couldn't find him anywhere no matter how hard you tried. I remember that post with a collage by the end of 2017 with the horses, the dogs, the kids and the fireworks at the Dodger Stadium. Yep, the horses but no Lindsey at all. :lol::lol:

That actually makes me admire her even more if they were separated and she came back to publicly stand by his side and let the world know that Fleetwood Mac consisted of a pack of lying dogs. I am grateful for that.

Storms123 06-19-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1267872)
That actually makes me admire her even more if they were separated and she came back to publicly stand by his side and let the world know that Fleetwood Mac consisted of a pack of lying dogs. I am grateful for that.

Couldn't agree more. I really have so many questions, but alas, will likely never get answered (and it's really none of my business :)

button-lip 06-19-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1267872)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1267874)
Couldn't agree more. I really have so many questions, but alas, will likely never get answered (and it's really none of my business :)

I have nothing against her and I don't know her. I remember Lindsey's concert in LA during his last tour. I didn't even know she was sitting behind me with her kids and friends until I got into my row and there was some security guy looking at me like: "Don't you dare look at her!" just because I was in fact staring and thinking: "Is that Kristen?".

Her expression wasn't much different from security guy. And she also looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there. That was my first and only impresssion/memory of her.

After the concert I realized what all those fans who met her during FM's tours meant with their stories. :confused:

Needless to say I didn't even look at her once during the whole concert.

michelej1 06-19-2021 11:18 PM

I never really got much of an impression of her at concerts. Many times she had her friends with her. I don’t remember if I ever noticed whether she was enjoying the show or not.

I remember one concert where the kids had their schoolmates with them. Will and LeeLee had badges and they were taking their friends backstage and Kristin was running around asking the parents if it was ok. I was just thinking that the children were having fun and seemed to have a lot of freedom. Kristin wasn’t trying to rein them in.

Then, she sat in about the third row and she had Stella in her lap and when it was close to the time when the kids were going to be onstage, for “It was You .” Kristen grabbed her kids and ran out of the theater. I remember joking when I wrote my review here that Kristen must’ve decided in the middle of the concert to leave Lindsey and she was making a quick getaway, while he was otherwise occupied.

David 07-23-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1267877)
Then, she sat in about the third row and she had Stella in her lap and when it was close to the time when the kids were going to be onstage, for “It was You .” Kristen grabbed her kids and ran out of the theater. I remember joking when I wrote my review here that Kristen must’ve decided in the middle of the concert to leave Lindsey and she was making a quick getaway, while he was otherwise occupied.

Maybe he fell in big love with someone else and asked Kristen to hit the holiday road. Or — that could just be how we do it in LA, ya know? That’s the way that love goes. He is too smart to ask for a reconciliation; you can’t go back, and I doubt there will be a you and I part II. But he’s still a loving family man at heart, even if he got it wrong when it came to her needs. Releasing his new solo album is a savvy move because this is the time, and he probably realized, in the wake of the pandemic, you either do or you don’t. The album is shaping up to be a well-rounded collection of insidious pop hooks and distorted vocals that doesn’t make a single dent on the charts. But turn it on anyway! Now is by no means the right place to fade. Just find your new audience underground. (Even though a few of the tracks sound as if they were done in one take, as if he were gonna show you how.)

jbrownsjr 07-25-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1268380)
Maybe he fell in big love with someone else and asked Kristen to hit the holiday road. Or — that could just be how we do it in LA, ya know? That’s the way that love goes. He is too smart to ask for a reconciliation; you can’t go back, and I doubt there will be a you and I part II. But he’s still a loving family man at heart, even if he got it wrong when it came to her needs. Releasing his new solo album is a savvy move because this is the time, and he probably realized, in the wake of the pandemic, you either do or you don’t. The album is shaping up to be a well-rounded collection of insidious pop hooks and distorted vocals that doesn’t make a single dent on the charts. But turn it on anyway! Now is by no means the right place to fade. Just find your new audience underground. (Even though a few of the tracks sound as if they were done in one take, as if he were gonna show you how.)

I just had a Fleetwood Mac lyric pun orgasm. :wavey::laugh:

Phoenixgypsy 07-26-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1268380)

Nicely done David! I hope writing that you didn't Go Insane on this Monday Morning.

DownOnRodeo 07-27-2021 06:39 PM

David, sharpest wit on The Ledge. But save me a place, too.

In fact, what makes you think you're the one? You throw us a handful of puns and then "that's all for everyone"? Not that funny when you think about it.

Well, that's enough for me. I held back before, but now I know I'm not wrong. With every post I see you walk a thin line. Tusk tusk.

DownOnRodeo 07-29-2021 09:12 AM

Bad news for shippers

David, I've matured a lot since the brash, punk-headed days of my above release and now only feel big love for you. I think it was Caroline Kennedy who said, "We need a prosperity of kindness and dignity." It takes two to tango; in the Night Shyamalan film "Old" every moment counts, an allegory for us all. You are family, man, and there is always room here for you and I. Part 2 of this post follows below.

From the train wreck Marc Maron interview:

MM: So for instance you went through a divorce--
LB: Well actually, it's not... we have not divorced. We, ah, we filed. And we're... it's sort of a work in progress, and I...
MM: (apologizes)
LB: No, I mean that information was certainly out there, but we have not signed any divorce papers and I would say, you know, there's probably... some chance that we will work this out, you know.

bombaysaffires 07-29-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1268471)
David, I've matured a lot since the brash, punk-headed days of my above release and now only feel big love for you. I think it was Caroline Kennedy who said, "We need a prosperity of kindness and dignity." It takes two to tango; in the Night Shyamalan film "Old" every moment counts, an allegory for us all. You are family, man, and there is always room here for you and I. Part 2 of this post follows below.

LB: Well actually, it's not... we have not divorced. We, ah, we filed. And we're... it's sort of a work in progress, and I...
LB: No, I mean that information was certainly out there, but we have not signed any divorce papers and I would say, you know, there's probably... some chance that we will work this out, you know.

so was Marc referencing current events, or was he thinking, like soooooo many people, that LB and Stevie got divorced......:distress:

David 07-29-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1268471)
David, I've matured a lot since the brash, punk-headed days of my above release and now only feel big love for you. I think it was Caroline Kennedy who said, "We need a prosperity of kindness and dignity." It takes two to tango; in the Night Shyamalan film "Old" every moment counts, an allegory for us all. You are family, man, and there is always room here for you and I.

You goofball.

Quote:

Thanks for spilling this. It’s the only part of that thing I wanted to hear! I think Lindsey and his wife will reconcile and resume their tempestuous love story.

aleuzzi 07-29-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1268475)
You goofball.

Thanks for spilling this. It’s the only part of that thing I wanted to hear! I think Lindsey and his wife will reconcile and resume their tempestuous love story.

I’m so afraid he’ll be left without a leg to stand on. But your posts (along with DownOnRodeo’s) are funny—and that’s enough for me.

jbrownsjr 07-29-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1268478)
I’m so afraid he’ll be left without a leg to stand on. But your posts (along with DownOnRodeo’s) are funny—and that’s enough for me.

Mary Lee Jones would Bwana join in on these. But she's just a ghost in the fog laughing so hard she will eventually fall away, off the ledge.

FuzzyPlum 07-30-2021 11:09 AM

From what I hear, comments he's made in his recent interview sound positive regarding his marriage. This article isn't quite so positive. In fact, it sounds as if the whole thing could be extremely messy!

Fleetwood Mac Singer Lindsey Buckingham Demands Court Shut Down Estranged Wife's Plea For Spousal Support In Divorce

https://radaronline.com/p/fleetwood-...isten-messner/
By:Ryan Naumann
Jul. 26 2021, Published 11:21 p.m. ET

Fleetwood Mac star Lindsey Buckingham is refusing to pay his estranged wife a dime as part of their nasty divorce battle. According to court documents filed in his divorce, the rocker says his ex-Kristen Messner should not receive a dime in support.

Back in June, Buckingham’s wife filed for divorce after 21 years of marriage. The petition was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court. Messner and Buckingham share 3 children.

Their only minor child is 17-year-old Stella. Due to her age, it was believed child custody and support would not be an issue. In newly filed documents, Buckingham goes hard against his ex-saying despite over two decades of marriage, she doesn’t deserve any spousal support. He also asked the court to award him joint legal and physical custody of their daughter.

He lists the date of separation as June 3, 2021. The date is one day after Messner filed her petition in court. Both listed irreconcilable differences as the reason for the divorce.

The singer is asking they both pay their own legal fees. He told the court “all assets, earnings, accumulations, and debts acquired by the parties after the date of marriage and before the date of separation, the exact extent, and nature of which are unknown to the respondent at this time”. It’s unclear if the two signed a prenuptial agreement before getting hitched, which would have laid out who got what in case of a split.

There are tens, if not hundreds, of millions on the line. The two met in the late ‘90s and married in 2000. Days before the divorce was filed, the Rockstar announced he was going on a nationwide tour. The two have yet to reach any sort of settlement in the case and the judge has yet to rule

bombaysaffires 07-30-2021 12:02 PM

some of that may be standard lawyer stuff..It isn't unusual when there are no minor children to say the spouse doesn't need spousal support because they are now no longer in a position where they have to stay home and raise the children, ie, so they should be able to go out and work. She has worked, doing all her interior decorating and house flipping and for a while she sold 'original' designs of furniture pieces on several of the higher end online boutique retailers (I always wondered how much she actually sold of those $2,000 ottomans etc).,
SHe's been spending a boatload of money or equestrian stuff too. The youngest daughter Stella is an accomplished horsewoman and she (like a whole lotta celeb daughters, most notably Springsteen's daughter who I think is now an Olympian) competes as a rider. But lawyers often make the person asking for support have the burden of proving why they need to be taken care of rather than getting a job. It could therefore just be an opening gambit. Who knows.

What was rather interesting in the Maron interview was when they talked about kids and he said how fast the time goes by when they grow up, and how your kids go from being these little bundles of unconditional love to going in their room and shutting the door on you. Made me wonder if he just meant teen years and daughters generally or if there is some taking of sides going on amongst the kids about the split.

HomerMcvie 07-30-2021 12:02 PM

Aren't prenups only good for so many years? Seriously.

bombaysaffires 07-30-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1268399)
I just had a Fleetwood Mac lyric pun orgasm. :wavey::laugh:

You Make Punning Fun