The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   nicks against lindsey producing new album? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36638)

RockALittle250 07-12-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 762994)
Okay, you can keep yourself in the delusion that Stevie's still as "enchanting" on stage as she once was and not the lethargic, ho-hum performer she has truly become.

I guess we have an agreement.

:wavey:

She's definately not what she used to be on stage, but Stevie is definately still enchanting. She may have slowed down a bit, but she's definately not lethargic.

Miss Vicky 07-12-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockALittle250 (Post 762995)
She's definately not what she used to be on stage, but Stevie is definately still enchanting. She may have slowed down a bit, but she's definately not lethargic.

Slowed down a bit? When I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert 5 years ago, the most movement she gave was to turn her back to the audience. I've watched clips of more recent performances and in those she was even less active than what I saw in person. I think it's a gross understatement to say that she's only slowed down a bit.

RockALittle250 07-12-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 762996)
Slowed down a bit? When I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert 5 years ago, the most movement she gave was to turn her back to the audience. I've watched clips of more recent performances and in those she was even less active than what I saw in person. I think it's a gross understatement to say that she's only slowed down a bit.

Well, maybe for the shows you attended, but as for the shows i saw on her CV tour in 2007, i thought she was very active and revitalized on stage.

RockALittle250 07-12-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 762996)

I do have to agree with you though about her performances on the SYW tour...she was very blah and stagnant, but i think that was because she was unhappy with that tour and album altogether. As i stated above, on her CV tour she was revitalized and enchanting on stage.

Miss Vicky 07-12-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockALittle250 (Post 762997)
Well, maybe for the shows you attended, but as for the shows i saw on her CV tour in 2007, i thought she was very active and revitalized on stage.

Well I'm happy for you that you saw that side of her, but in clips like her very recent performance of Bob Seger's "Face the Promise," all she appears to do is stand still at the microphone. I doubt very much that on the upcoming tour we'll see her twirling across the stage as in Strand's little fantasy.

strandinthewind 07-12-2008 03:47 PM

She sure look lethargic here :rolleyes:

David 07-12-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind (Post 763006)
She sure look lethargic here :rolleyes:

I still miss that cool foxy look Stevie had when she was 31. :(
Time to move on ...

Miss Vicky 07-12-2008 04:04 PM

You're using clips of her doing a guest appearance at a Tom Petty show as proof that she's still an energetic performer? Seriously? She sang on maybe a handful of songs, mostly doing backing vocals.

:confused:

strandinthewind 07-12-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 763008)
I still miss that cool foxy look Stevie had when she was 31. :(
Time to move on ...

Yea - me too. I loved the dramatic outfits (I believe you correctly labeled the Wild Heart ones like Turandot (speaking of hyperbole :wavey: )) -- but, I still like her shows. I wish she'd sing her won obscure stuff instead of these covers, but I realized long ago that the world just won't work the way I want it to :mad: So, I am still into her for the most part. That, though is fading without new stuff. I mean I have been a fan since 1975ish :shrug:

In a way and I know this is going to draw the ire of the femi-nazi's -- La Nicks at 60+ cannot ever be that lithe young hottie from 1973 - 83. Such is Life I guess.

Nico 07-12-2008 05:09 PM

It makes me a little sad that many of these Lindsey threads inevitably become "Stevie Nicks discussions." I like Stevie enough...well, actually, to be honest I liked her a little more at one point but the more I read about her attitude and interview comments the less I respect her. It's not that I want her to grovel on the floor before Lindsey. She doesn't even have to like him. But it would be nice if she would stop dragging his name through the dirt and bringing up all kinds of mean and horrible things he did to her, like, 30 years ago. It's sort of annoying. Not that he's an angel, but he's kept his mouth shut so far.

ontheEdgeof17 07-12-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 763019)
It makes me a little sad that many of these Lindsey threads inevitably become "Stevie Nicks discussions." I like Stevie enough...well, actually, to be honest I liked her a little more at one point but the more I read about her attitude and interview comments the less I respect her. It's not that I want her to grovel on the floor before Lindsey. She doesn't even have to like him. But it would be nice if she would stop dragging his name through the dirt and bringing up all kinds of mean and horrible things he did to her, like, 30 years ago. It's sort of annoying. Not that he's an angel, but he's kept his mouth shut so far.

I concur. It's her thing, I guess. It seems like when things were going well, it was all her (i.e. it was 'her' decision to join the band)...and when they were bad, it was Lindsey and his production.

I'm sure every time she gets interviewed, they ask her about their relationship in the 70s and how it fell apart. Well, everyone knows about it now. No need to keep dragging his name in mud. 'No Comment' is probably the wiser and mature thing to do these days.

henryscutter 07-12-2008 06:29 PM

She was plenty energetic at the 2 shows I saw there rat lady. Back on subject; I think it was Keith Olsen that said LeBuck would have benefitted from having someone else do the production on his solos. I agree and if Fleetwood Mac have another producer this time I see it as a positive move.

RockALittle250 07-12-2008 07:44 PM

I think Lindsey and Rob Cavallo make a great production team. John Shanks is also great, and is in high demand.

dougb 07-12-2008 07:44 PM

i didnt mean to start a nicks bash here I just think if that was said why does lindsey continue to do stuff with this band? This is the reason he left and i wish he would stay out.

TrueFaith77 07-12-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryscutter (Post 763026)
She was plenty energetic at the 2 shows I saw there rat lady. Back on subject; I think it was Keith Olsen that said LeBuck would have benefitted from having someone else do the production on his solos. I agree and if Fleetwood Mac have another producer this time I see it as a positive move.

I'm fine with an additional producer. I'm just concerned that Stevie might choose the producer.

By the way re: Stevie's star quality. I saw her in concert at Jones Beach a few weeks ago. She twirled. As much as she used to? No. But she didn't need to. She's like Cary Grant. Every minor nuance had the audience in thrall -- and rightfully so. . . she's luminous . . . like a star.