The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Britney has given birth to . . . (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=22425)

GODDESS6 09-15-2005 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Word on the news today is that Britney did not want to go through the pain of childbirth so she had a C section done. :shrug:

I guess whn you have $ you can have your kid anyway you want. I also thought that there had to be a medical reason in order to have a C section but I guess not. Didn't Madonna also have a C Section?

not sure about madonna, but i know heather locklear had a c-section, so she didn't have to do the normal childbirth thingy~ i think that is awful, the things you can get people to do when you have money~

WelshWitchPMD 09-15-2005 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6
not sure about madonna, but i know heather locklear had a c-section, so she didn't have to do the normal childbirth thingy~ i think that is awful, the things you can get people to do when you have money~

I am pretty sure that Madonna did too but I don't know the reason why. Makes me wonder 'What Would Stevie do"?

tynan88 09-15-2005 06:13 AM

Quote:

I am pretty sure that Madonna did too but I don't know the reason why. Makes me wonder 'What Would Stevie do"?

Adopt.......

GODDESS6 09-15-2005 06:39 AM

Quote:

i wonder too, i have however thought if stevie ever did have a baby, her baby's bassinet would be draped in fabulous black chiffon like "rosemary's baby", minus the upside down cross & not meaning stevie would have a possessed baby, but that bassinet in that movie was very extravagant & stevie-like :nod: ~

GODDESS6 09-15-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynan88
Adopt.......

too funny tynan!!! :] ~

LuckyCharms 09-15-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

Word on the news today is that Britney did not want to go through the pain of childbirth so she had a C section done. :shrug:

I guess whn you have $ you can have your kid anyway you want. I also thought that there had to be a medical reason in order to have a C section but I guess not. Didn't Madonna also have a C Section?

Also I think alot stars opt for the c-section because they can do the tummy tuck durring the surgery. I've got over 40 hours of child labor under my belt and personally I'm glad I did the childbirth. There's alot of recovery time invovled with c-sections, plus they have to stick a giant needle in your spine that stays in till after wards. After the baby is taken out you're doped up and out of it for a long time so you're like not even there for the first hours of your child life. Any who, I hope the baby is doing well :)

LikeAWillow 09-15-2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynan88
Adopt.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was great!

GypsySorcerer 09-15-2005 07:11 AM

I heard on the radio the baby's full name was Preston Michael Spears Federline.

gldstwmn 09-15-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
whoah... i was just making jokes... do women REALLY do that?

Yes. :nod: :nod:

dissention 09-15-2005 10:19 AM

It won't be long before she's whoring out Federfetus to the media in an attempt to get some publicity.

SmileAtU 09-15-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
whoah... i was just making jokes... do women REALLY do that?

No they don't really do that and if they do it because of that they are ignorant. Unless you have a large number of childbirths back to back, it is going to go back to the original size and tone.

Then on the subject of not wanting to go through the pain of childbirth, geez, has she never heard of an epidural? Many times you only have to be dilated to a 3 (has to get to a 10 for those who don't know it) before women can get one.

Most OB docs won't do C-sections on first time moms unless there is a medical neccesity. It is a far greater risk for mom and baby to do a cesarean. Repeat c-sections are a different story because it's possible for the uterus to rupture during a vaginal birth after a previous c-section.

Anyway, my two cents. After 45 hrs of labor, I would still say that I would rather not have a C-section because of the pain AFTER. Not to mention they cut thru that muscle which takes awhile to heal, so we'll see how fab Britney's abs look now.

Sorceress 09-15-2005 02:23 PM

Yeah, when I heard she had a c-section to avoid pain, I literally laughed out loud. Wait til they take her catheter out...wait til they make her get out of bed. I'm sure she'll have lots of pain killers, but it will stilll hurt to roll over, walk around, etc. It's major abdominal surgery. After 2, I can say that it's not any easier than a vaginal birth. Maybe the pain is stretched out over a few weeks rather than a few days. Now doing it for the tummy tuck at the same time? I guess that would make more sense.

amber 09-15-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost
Why is everyone so down on Britney for having a Caesarean? Surely it's her choice. Plus none of us know if there were medical reasons behind it.

Oh, my - I was just going to say exactly that. Besides, there's nothing inherently better about natural childbirth. :shrug:

amber 09-15-2005 02:43 PM

Oh, for you people who are talking about Cesarian's in relation to someone having money - statistically the most cesarians, and unnecessary cesarians, are performed on low income populations.

dissention 09-15-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Oh, for you people who are talking about Cesarian's in relation to someone having money - statistically the most cesarians, and unnecessary cesarians, are performed on low income populations.

My mother had two C-sections. Bless her heart, but I would have told them that the babies weren't going anywhere if it entailed having my stomach cut wide open. :laugh: