The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The AMERICAN IDOL Thread. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17729)

GypsySorcerer 01-18-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
It said she was from Belpre, OH....which is like 40 minutes from my parents. I pass through there a lot when we go to the mall. VERY SMALL TOWN.

Aw. She seemed really sweet. And she has a good voice.

Not that last guy....Gads. :shocked:

wondergirl9847 01-18-2005 09:03 PM

No shiz!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer

I ran a 10K, washed my clothes (and hair), wrote a long email to a sad friend, fed my dog (and gave her a bath), got married, had 5 kids, found the cure for cancer and he was STILL singing when I got back.

ontheEdgeof17 01-18-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Aw. She seemed really sweet. And she has a good voice.

Did you see Toni Braxton's "cousin"? Whatta ass! His attitude (and voice) was piss poor. :distress:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 09:18 PM

GREEEEEEEEEEG! That girl just sang Wannabe! :lol:

GypsySorcerer 01-18-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan8472
GREEEEEEEEEEG! That girl just sang Wannabe! :lol:

Well, sorta. :laugh:

ontheEdgeof17 01-18-2005 09:24 PM

HANKY PANKY!!!!!!

......One of Madonna's best! :woohoo:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Well, sorta. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: barely :laugh: :laugh:

ryan8472 01-18-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
HANKY PANKY!!!!!!

......One of Madonna's best! :woohoo:

That lady reminded me of my English teacher last year :shocked: :lol:

GypsySorcerer 01-18-2005 09:58 PM

OMG....Mary.... :shocked: :eek:

Sorceress 01-18-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

There was definitely something diagnosable going on there...requiring meds... :eek: She reminded me a little of crazy Jan from the Brady Bunch movie. I feel really bad for the people who are obviously ill or mentally retarded or something. I know they are adults who chose to audition and gave permission to be included in the show, but my God, I feel guilty being entertained by some of the contestants.
I liked Anwar, but I think he needed to lose the hat. Regina was pretty good, though there was something scary looking about her husband. :shrug: I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.

amber 01-18-2005 11:18 PM

aww, I thought the YMCA girl was cute! couldn't sing, though... :distress:

amber 01-18-2005 11:26 PM

Omigosh, dredlock guy singing Stevie Wonder was soooo cute! :p I was impressed to, that he didn't try to put "runs" all in the song... :woohoo:
Simon says Terrific!
oh, that's Anwar....ok...

amber 01-18-2005 11:29 PM

Omigod, Melissa was all "they had the lights off in the fitting room" and Simon was all..."I believe that!"
WTF?
ooo, too bad she sucked...

WildInTheWind 01-19-2005 10:30 AM

I can't wait to watch it tonight. It's in my city and I am wondering if I will maybe see someone I know from high school or something. That would be too funny, especially if they were really bad! This show is so addicting. I hope it's better than last year though.

~*~becky~*~

Livia 01-19-2005 11:31 AM

Quote:

I nicknamed her Norma Bates, for the voices in her head. Maybe Sybil's better, though :D Yeah, she definitely has issues....

I loved the dreadlock guy!! He's my favorite so far. And I'm glad they raised the age limit. That Braxton dude was seriously delusional. And that cute girl who McGrath obviously had the hots for, she was good. I also liked the heart-pumping dancing guy, I think he sang a Stevie Wonder song too.