The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kate Bush turned down an offer to open for the Tusk Tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59589)

BombaySapphire3 07-10-2022 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1275960)
A version of Fleetwood Mac that had Kate Bush instead of Stevie is worth a fantastical thought or two, though,isn't it? Imagine her with Lindsey's guitar the Fleetwood/McVie rhythm section and a bit of tasteful Christine backing vocals...

Or the type of albums that they would have made!. Musically and in the studio she is Lindsey's equal. A far cry from Nicks's very basic musical skills.

jbrownsjr 07-11-2022 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1275964)
Or the type of albums that they would have made!. Musically and in the studio she is Lindsey's equal. A far cry from Nicks's very basic musical skills.

Stevie could play Row Row Row your boat on the piano really well, Which is what Rhiannon sounds like when she's on piano.

The Chain 07-11-2022 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1275960)
A version of Fleetwood Mac that had Kate Bush instead of Stevie is worth a fantastical thought or two, though,isn't it? Imagine her with Lindsey's guitar the Fleetwood/McVie rhythm section and a bit of tasteful Christine backing vocals...

Isn’t there some recent interview where Lindsey is asked if Stevie had left in the 80s, who he would’ve considered as an interesting replacement, to which he answered Kate. Something like that.

HomerMcvie 07-11-2022 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1275971)
Stevie could play Row Row Row your boat on the piano really well, Which is what Rhiannon sounds like when she's on piano.

The amazing thing is that she's not embarrassed by her elementary level skills. Her ego is that big.

Mr Scarrott 07-11-2022 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chain (Post 1275972)
Isn’t there some recent interview where Lindsey is asked if Stevie had left in the 80s, who he would’ve considered as an interesting replacement, to which he answered Kate. Something like that.

He's definitely a fan, per this 2018 tweet

https://twitter.com/lbuckingham/stat...669888?lang=en

sue 07-11-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1275973)
The amazing thing is that she's not embarrassed by her elementary level skills. Her ego is that big.

Well would it bother you if you had written the basics of…
Gypsy.
Leather and Lace.
Sara.
Gold dust woman.
Landslide.
Edge of seventeen..
Etc etc etc..
Etc etc etc..
You get my drift ?

HomerMcvie 07-11-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1275971)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1275979)
Well would it bother you if you had written the basics of…
Gypsy.
Leather and Lace.
Sara.
Gold dust woman.
Landslide.
Edge of seventeen..
Etc etc etc..
Etc etc etc..
You get my drift ?

I'm fairly certain her current pen*s donor made the magic, based around her little poetic ditties.

Macfan4life 07-11-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1275973)

Didn't she write the score to Songbird and knocked on Chris's door in the middle of then night when they both couldn't sleep? Or at least she told Chris what key to play it in?
And correct me if I am wrong but didn't Stevie actually name the song Songbird and said that it was a prequel to Nightbird?

HomerMcvie 07-11-2022 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1275982)
Didn't she write the score to Songbird and knocked on Chris's door in the middle of then night when they both couldn't sleep? Or at least she told Chris what key to play it in?
And correct me if I am wrong but didn't Stevie actually name the song Songbird and said that it was a prequel to Nightbird?

You know it! and, Songbird is in F, and that's Old I'm Not The Boss's favorite key.

$he's just amazing!

Pyewacket 07-31-2022 03:27 AM

I'd always thought "Big Love" was heavily influenced by "Running Up That Hill" and there are some quotes from Lindsay and an engineer that add weight to the idea. Musically they're fairly similar, but lyrically too.

Here's one article that namedrops her ... but I remember another as well.

https://www.salon.com/2017/04/02/he-...-in-the-night/

michelej1 07-31-2022 03:06 PM

I never realized Kate Bush was this delightful.

What’s the meaning behind “Running Up That Hill?”

People ask me that often. Some think it’s about literally running up a hill, but it’s not. I’ve never even seen a hill, let alone run up one.

You’ve never seen a hill?

No. Never. Why would I do that?

I just imagined everyone has seen a hill. There’s one right outside this window. Have a look.

I won’t be doing that. Please continue the interview without anymore hill questions.

I don’t think I can.”

jbrownsjr 08-02-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1276634)

People ask me that often. Some think it’s about literally running up a hill, but it’s not. I’ve never even seen a hill, let alone run up one.

I just imagined everyone has seen a hill. There’s one right outside this window. Have a look.

I won’t be doing that. Please continue the interview without anymore hill questions.

I don’t think I can.”

Hill of beans comes to mind.

David 08-02-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1276634)

I don’t think I can.”

Isn’t that delightful?

While the literature PhDs over at Gaffa Web posit all sorts of arcane references and connections to poetry and art in her lyrics and build elaborate metaphors, the Fleetwood Mac fan base scratches their collective head, wondering where that damn hill is.

jbrownsjr 08-02-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1276669)
Isn’t that delightful?

While the literature PhDs over at Gaffa Web posit all sorts of arcane references and connections to poetry and art in her lyrics and build elaborate metaphors, the Fleetwood Mac fan base scratches their collective head, wondering where that damn hill is.

I don't wonder. It's clearly where the house is. :laugh:

Thoughts?

David 08-02-2022 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1276670)
I don't wonder. It's clearly where the house is. :laugh:

Thoughts?

I oughta clobber you one, is my thought.

Have you listened to Ravel’s Introduction and Allegro recently?