The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Nationalities (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17828)

Ienilny 01-24-2005 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celestenadia
Whenever I hear of Austria I think of three things - Mozart,The Sound of Music (I know, I'm like TOO corny, it was one of my favorite flicks as a youngen) and Ahnold;)
Do you ski?

Uh, Arnold.. such a shame for Austria. :shocked:

Hehe.. well, I went skiing once... with school. :rolleyes:

LilyRose 01-24-2005 02:11 AM

I was born and raised in America...Omaha, NE to be exact. My dad (also born and raised in NE) is Basque and Native Mexican and my mom (born in Idaho and moved to Omaha at age 12) is German, Irish, Scottish, and Natvie American.

So that's makes me a mutt.

face of glass 01-24-2005 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saraforscarlett
Moi! :wavey:

On the charts? Perhaps around number #500 or so... :p

Hejsan!

Incorrect about those charts, I think. http://www.fmlegacy.com/charts/SWEcharts.html

Face it, the worst FM have ever had it in Europe is Finland. :p

face of glass 01-24-2005 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serrart
Same here, but to show our appreciation to US music, we got Ashlee Simpson in the top 50 :rolleyes:

Romy, oh Romy, have you forgotten the gigantic three shows that the Time line-up played over there. ;)

face of glass 01-24-2005 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
OOOH. Finland! I had a penpal from Finland when I was young.

Hyvaa iltaa. Mita kuuluu? Nimeni on Seeker007.

Sorry thats about all I can recall. :D

That's very good. :) Well, sparing the silly umlauts and all.

irishgrl 01-24-2005 07:42 AM

heritage

Irish/German mostly, with a smattering of English/Scot/Danish/Dutch
one thing I noticed was the number of people who are Irish or German or both~

Born in Oakland, raised in the Bay Area until 25 then moved to the mountains east of Chico.

WelshWitchPMD 01-24-2005 08:29 AM

I am half Italian and half Irish. Born and raised in Providence, Rhode Island, USA and I am still here.

madformac 01-24-2005 08:49 AM

I'm plain straight English.

I'm some percentage Irish from many generations back so I'm told but I have no idea how much..

I'm from Manchester, UK. Home of wet weather :( , warm beer :( ,
Oasis, the Bee Gees and the world's most famous soccer team (Manchester United :shrug: :laugh: )

:wavey: :wavey:

GODDESS6 01-24-2005 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyRose
I was born and raised in America...Omaha, NE to be exact. My dad (also born and raised in NE) is Basque and Native Mexican and my mom (born in Idaho and moved to Omaha at age 12) is German, Irish, Scottish, and Natvie American.

So that's makes me a mutt.

i live in omaha, nebraska~ bellevue 2 b exact!!!~ where did u go 2 highschool? it's a small world~ 2 cool!!!~

wondergirl9847 01-24-2005 11:22 AM

Well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by madformac
I'm plain straight English.

Aren't you boring.

:lol:

Just kidding witcha.

madformac 01-24-2005 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
Hey now, don't go claiming what's not yours. The Gibb's might have been born there, but The Bee Gees only became in Brisbane. It was Australia who unleashed them onto the world. So blame us, in fact what am I talking about? You can have them.

Ahh yes The Bee Gees...

In another thread on the Christine forum, I was saying how the environment played a part in peoples accents... This is also true of the rise to fame of the brothers Gibb.

They were originally from Chorlton-Cum-Hardy (don't laugh) in Manchester but indeed moved to Australia where they became famous (although they were known before they moved) but essentially it was Australia that they were launched to where they are today, so I accept your sincere apology as an honorary Aussie (you're a kiwi right?) for unleashing the Gibbs on our unprepared ears and condeming millions of men to thoughts of genital pain when that falsetto kicks in..

:laugh: :xoxo: :wavey:

madformac 01-24-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Aren't you boring.

:lol:

Just kidding witcha.

I'm terminally boring Christy... Remember in London you said "Where should we eat?".... and I replied "Umm.... Burger King?" :shocked:

:laugh: :laugh:

madformac 01-24-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
They haven't been blessed in their acquired locational nouns because they went to Humpybong Primary School, the embarassment of the shire. Some of the Aboriginal names don't have the nicest ring to my ears, this example being at the bottom of the scale.

Humpybong.... I've seen a few bongs in my day but never a humpy one.. :blob2:

The Tower 01-24-2005 12:10 PM

1/2 British (English/Irish mix) 1/2 Norweigan

Basically, I'm a pasty white Northern European type.....

DrummerDeanna 01-24-2005 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takenbythesky
:lol: Guess what? Same here. Skin just like milk, look like a million other guys.

And I've got a year-round tan :p