The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Latest Info...... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45047)

TerraRhiannon 11-03-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 918862)
*fuming out of ears*

I want solo tours. I will be royally pissed if FM tours.

My dream is that Stevie and Lindsey tour in 2011 so I can possibly see them somewhere close, and then in a few years FM tour with a new record. That would complete me :D

daniellaaarisen 11-03-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 918867)
My dream is that Stevie and Lindsey tour in 2011 so I can possibly see them somewhere close, and then in a few years FM tour with a new record. That would complete me :D

That's what any sane music group would do. I honestly think it's flat out stupid for them to do another Mac tour with absolutely nothing to promote.

CADreaming 11-03-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 918867)

A few years?!? They are too old to wait that long. If you think Stevie's stiff now...

TerraRhiannon 11-03-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 918871)
A few years?!? They are too old to wait that long. If you think Stevie's stiff now...

I know. I am pretty distraught about this. That's why I told my Mom I AM GOING to see either Stevie or FM in 2011 (whoever tours) before they die.

TrueFaith77 11-03-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 918873)
I know. I am pretty distraught about this. That's why I told my Mom I AM GOING to see either Stevie or FM in 2011 (whoever tours) before they die.

She's got a point there.

CADreaming 11-03-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 918870)
That's what any sane music group would do. I honestly think it's flat out stupid for them to do another Mac tour with absolutely nothing to promote.

The next tour - whenever it is won't be without all kinds of promotin' goin' on! Mark my words...:thumbsup:

daniellaaarisen 11-03-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 918880)
The next tour - whenever it is won't be without all kinds of promotin' goin' on! Mark my words...:thumbsup:

I know... but I just don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to see Unleashed yet again. I want new songs. Also, I've never seen Lindsey solo and I was looking forward to that :(

GoS 11-03-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 918819)
I'm waiting for the officials. :shrug:

I'm way too excited to wait. As soon as I caught a wiff of the first rumour, I was hooked.

I hope he comes out with an official date that's earlier than may. Maybe tomorrow or some time.

chiliD 11-03-2010 03:51 PM

Maybe they've finally got it right...maybe they've taken after Rockpile's model. (remember Rockpile?) Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe. They used to each release solo albums (with Rockpile being the "band" on each of their albums). They would go out on tour as either "Dave Edmunds & Rockpile" or "Nick Lowe & Rockpile" depending on whose album was the most current...they'd play songs from each other's solo albums. Took 'em about 10 years until they finally made a "Rockpile" album.

Maybe that's what Stevie & Lindsey have finally gotten Mick & John to agree to do. Since they don't seem to agree when they record a band album, maybe they'd agree to this: They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".

That way, Stevie & Lindsey each get to do their albums THEIR WAY, and Fleetwood Mac gets new material to tour behind.

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone buy in??

Oh, did I forget to mention that even after all that time together, then Rockpile finally released a GROUP album & toured, then broke up.

BLY 11-03-2010 03:55 PM

........and gives them the Platform to release Buckingham Nicks

louielouie2000 11-03-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 918888)
Maybe they've finally got it right...maybe they've taken after Rockpile's model. (remember Rockpile?) Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe. They used to each release solo albums (with Rockpile being the "band" on each of their albums). They would go out on tour as either "Dave Edmunds & Rockpile" or "Nick Lowe & Rockpile" depending on whose album was the most current...they'd play songs from each other's solo albums. Took 'em about 10 years until they finally made a "Rockpile" album.

Maybe that's what Stevie & Lindsey have finally gotten Mick & John to agree to do. Since they don't seem to agree when they record a band album, maybe they'd agree to this: They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".

That way, Stevie & Lindsey each get to do their albums THEIR WAY, and Fleetwood Mac gets new material to tour behind.

Oh, did I forget to mention that even after all that time together, then Rockpile finally released a GROUP album & toured, then broke up.

Honestly, that sounds like a best of both worlds compromise with Lindsey, Stevie, and the Mac. We'd get to hear new solo material, we actually might get a shake up in regards to some older/unheard Mac songs, and we'd get to see everyone all in one spot. Sounds WAY too sane to make sense to the Macsters, though! :p

chiliD 11-03-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 918890)
........and gives them the Platform to release Buckingham Nicks

Or, at least re-arrange some of the songs to play live (since obviously Lindsey can't sing "Don't Let Me Down Again" in the original key anymore and when he tried to change the key (2003 tour), the song sounded like crap) :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 918892)
Honestly, that sounds like a best of both worlds compromise with Lindsey, Stevie, and the Mac. We'd get to hear new solo material, we actually might get a shake up in regards to some older/unheard Mac songs, and we'd get to see everyone all in one spot. Sounds WAY too sane to make sense to the Macsters, though! :p

Yeah, that would make just too much sense (kind of like how the Democrats & Republicans used to actually work together to get things done in this country back from the late 40's through the 60's....that bastard Richard Nixon screwed everything up), on second thought, never mind.

Peestie 11-03-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

I would be happy with this because if Lindsey does a solo tour there is almost no chance he'll tour Europe/UK so this way I'd get to see some of his new songs live without having to fly to the US again (I can't afford to do it again).

daniellaaarisen 11-03-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".

I just don't believe this would happen. I could see them sticking one new song from each album into the setlist and then playing the same old **** that they did in 2009. It's an awesome idea, though.... but I'd still prefer two solo tours at this point.

Peestie 11-03-2010 04:29 PM

I do agree with that. A great idea in concept but in practice we'd get one or two new Lindsey ones and one new Stevie one that will get dropped sharpish. I'd much rather a Lindsey setlist where he plays the majority of the new album, as on the UTS and GOS tours.