The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Tacoma, WA 11/17/18 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58338)

Macfan4life 11-20-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1244268)
C'mon you guys... Do I gotta lock down threads here, too?

Take it down a notch. Please....

I'd rather you guys accuse me of not moderating than have to lock threads and run to Michele...

And wow... that version of YMLF was terrible.

OMG
You ain't kidding. Lets hope it sounded much better in person because this version is lame but OMG Chris and Stevie trying to hit high notes :eek:
I guess we need to say thank you for trying!

gldstwmn 11-20-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1244265)
You’re obnoxious and insufferable. I doubt you are like this in real life.

No really, I am. :laugh:

gldstwmn 11-20-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1244268)
And wow... that version of YMLF was terrible.

That's fine but a least you're not pointing your finger at me when you're saying it (I think). Who let the temperance league in?
Besides there are more YoutTube vids of this show I was about to post. Because you know I post too much... about the wrong iteration of the band.

24 minutes starting with The Chain and I think Little Lies sounds fine: :shrug:
https://youtu.be/bTjkWloG5n0

SteveMacD 11-20-2018 06:20 PM

I didn’t think it sounded horrible. She’s 75 and she was having trouble hitting the high notes on YMLF back in 1990. I think it sounded better than in 2014, probably because they dropped the key.

sleepless child 11-20-2018 06:30 PM

John looks terrible. I hope he is doing ok. I thought I read an interview somewhere where he said he was ready to retire after this tour.

As much as I love Chris being back, her vocals onstage are pretty rough. And even though Stevie is still going strong, she doesn't have the moves or vocals since the Enchanted era. This might have been a good time for them to do that big final tour if they could have worked things out with Lindsey and then maybe go into the studio and do a final Fleetwood Mac record.

A girl can dream.

jbrownsjr 11-20-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1244283)
I didn’t think it sounded horrible. She’s 75 and she was having trouble hitting the high notes on YMLF back in 1990. I think it sounded better than in 2014, probably because they dropped the key.

I disagree, the lower key makes her tone quality sound unpleasant. I don't mind the pitchy parts. I'm all about tone quality. She's 75 I don't expect her to hit every note. She never has anyway. Neither of them have.

But the tone quality of that video was very poor. Maybe, she did sound better in person. Who knows. It's just a video, and gldstwmn.. thanks for posting.

bwboy 11-20-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1244286)
John looks terrible. I hope he is doing ok. I thought I read an interview somewhere where he said he was ready to retire after this tour.

As much as I love Chris being back, her vocals onstage are pretty rough. And even though Stevie is still going strong, she doesn't have the moves or vocals since the Enchanted era. This might have been a good time for them to do that big final tour if they could have worked things out with Lindsey and then maybe go into the studio and do a final Fleetwood Mac record.

A girl can dream.

John McVie gave an interview?!?

jbrownsjr 11-20-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

A girl can dream.

I've never liked $tevie's tone quality in the later years and it's worse than 2014, in my opinion. And $he doesn't go for any range. And that dance is truly embarrassing.

jbrownsjr 11-20-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1244281)
That's fine but a least you're not pointing your finger at me when you're saying it (I think). Who let the temperance league in?
Besides there are more YoutTube vids of this show I was about to post. Because you know I post too much... about the wrong iteration of the band.

24 minutes starting with The Chain and I think Little Lies sounds fine: :shrug:
https://youtu.be/bTjkWloG5n0

I appreciate and expect videos from you. :laugh:

SteveMacD 11-20-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, that was from the OWTS tour.

bombaysaffires 11-21-2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1244096)
You're welcome. I hope people take a good long look at that photo and realize that the time to do things (like see your favorite band) is now. Forget about the whole Chris is struggling or who did what to whom. The time to do that thing you've been putting off? It's NOW.

except it wouldn't be like seeing the same band anymore, to me anyway. I'm glad I saw them all the times I did.

Btw, thanks for posting these links. :nod:

gldstwmn 11-21-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1244317)
except it wouldn't be like seeing the same band anymore, to me anyway. I'm glad I saw them all the times I did.

Btw, thanks for posting these links. :nod:

Fair enough. You're welcome.

vivfox 12-16-2018 09:38 PM

John McVie signing autographs at a mall in Seattle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSko4cmgiFA